Its come to my attention

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BadWolf

Its come to my attention

Post by BadWolf »

Yes very new to this forum but not to scootering. Now i just spent a weekend with a wonderful young lady who is doing something she believes in and at the end of our little trip together it is made aware to me that some people have been criticizing what she does in asking for help for her trip and what not and donating to charity. So Lets give all you new scooter riders and people who generally dont know what scootering used to mean to alot of people. (perhaps this is why there are so many vintage purists and and critics of modern scooter riders). Scootering used to be a thing for some that you would have to ride sometimes hundreds of miles just to meet up with another rider (go ahead ask some of the people that sold you their bikes the rides they had to complete just to hang out with people with the same intrest) . You can imagine that this meant lotsa couch surfing and needing help in general to get home or parts. Now lets take this to the scope of doing 22000 miles for A) something you believe in B) Charity and C) creating a greater awerness of community. Of course she needs help along the way. Ask me do i mind donating to her cause and helping her out in any way possible no i dont. I personally think its amazing she is doing what she is on the small amount of money she has made in the past year. So instead of looking at what she has takin to keep her going lets look at what she has givin of herself...

James
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

BadWolf,

By reading your post, I can assume (probably somewhat safely assume) that you are referring to Alix.

I'm not certain if you are referring to a particular thread on this forum, or honestly exactly what you are referring to when you post about the criticism received (granted I don't read every post on MB..)

That being said, I know that a large majority of us fully support Alix and her cause. She is doing a wonderful thing and she is not only showing her courage to do what she believes in, but she's showing she can do it on an awesome 125cc scoot!

I mean no disrespect, but before you judge an entire forum, please consider who it is that you are judging. Many of the members are "veteran scooterists" that have many other models of the vintage class. If I am off-base on the spirit of your message, please disregard.

Safe riding~
UrbanBuddy82

Post by UrbanBuddy82 »

Umm, Not to sound rude but..

I am one of those "non veteran" scooterists.

First of all, Alix is doing what many of us couldn't even dream of doing, all for a cause that frankly is something we should all be striving for. I, for one commend the effort she has put forward.

Next, I just want to say that I love this forum. It is full of wonderful people who just want to share their excitement about what it is to be a buddy, blur, roughhouse, black cat, stella, or any other scooter owner.
But...

Not to sound a little sensitive but when I hear things like "all you new scooter riders" It just rubs me the wrong way.

Yes, I am a new scooter rider. No, I don't know what it was like "back in the day" but I would like to think that people were frendly to each other based on the fact that they all rode scooters and they all shared a common bond.

I agree that Alix has done a great thing of "creating a greater awerness of community" among us scooterists. What I find to be a bad example of community is folks that make witty and snide comments about US new scooterists. I got my scooter for many personal reasons, being fun to ride and cheap transportation are two of the best reasons I can see to riding them. (not to mention the fun scavenger hunts and stuff we can do)

I just think that there are some people out there that in my opinion were kindof like, " hey, this is my thing....why are there all these new people doing it" or "just because gas is expensive all of these new people are getting in to what used to be us hardcore scooterists"

I don't mean to Make another "we all need to chill out" thread, and I respect every one here. I just have been holding in what I needed to say for a while.

No offense meant toward anyone.[/code]
mogirl

Post by mogirl »

I don't mean to sound totally clueless, but........
:oops:
I'm fairly new to the forum. What is Alix's cause?

Mogirl
Redd447

Post by Redd447 »

mogirl wrote:I don't mean to sound totally clueless, but........
:oops:
I'm fairly new to the forum. What is Alix's cause?

Mogirl
Mogirl,

Check out her website: http://www.peacescooter.com/.

JW
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

I don't think anyone here is anti-Alix, James. If they are, they are freaking communists!! lol

Pretty sad how little she's raised though. Come on, people! Fill up her scooter map!! Not much time left to reach the goal!

(Nice meeting you on Sunday ;) )

/me changes signature until she finishes.
I will not join a racist club that thinks one color is better then another. We are ALL BUDDY'S!
MPA

Post by MPA »

new scooter rider here, but that really means nothing.

People are going to criticize anyone over anything they do - especially in the day of the internet where everyone is basically anonymous.

To this, I say f*** the criticizers - and not just of Alix. They think their opinion means something, but in reality it should really mean nothing to Alix/whoever since the comments are coming from people you don't have to care about . If someone I don't know tries to criticize me, I tell em to keep flapping their bullshit somewhere else because I don't care about their opinion.

You don't like/believe in/care for Alix' trip? Don't donate, it's simple :)
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

My goodness, you seem so angry, but I must say you express it in a wonderful grass roots manner. :P

Gee, I'm all tingly. :shock: :lol:
Last edited by DennisD on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
MPA

Post by MPA »

me? I'm not angry at all - I just hate that stuff :)
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Oh, ok. Guess I read more into it than was there.
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

I support what she's doing, I've bought raffle tickets and I'm matching what $$ I put in the Buddy tank to send her way when she's done.

That said, people are still free to not support her endeavor. Leave it alone. They are not allowed to criticize, yet you can criticize them? In the true spirit of what she is doing, people should be supporting her because it is what they feel in their hearts, not because they've been shamed into doing it.

As for the "new scooterist" stigma, I was kind of worried at first. I have made a very slow progression in getting to know our local scooter club, which is vintage based. I met a lot of them at the rally over the weekend and they are a great group of non-judgmental people. Plus I got a ton of questions about my Buddy! ... and I think I might be buying '64 Allstate that is in bad shape.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
BadWolf

Post by BadWolf »

i didnt mean this as a front to the modern bike rider and if it came off that way it was due to the fact that i was just made aware of a post made on here and linked to a "blog". Where a person makes comments to the effect of if your smart you wouldnt waste your time on this particular charity. the quote acteully being anyone with a brain wouldnt give her a dime i believe. So if you have givin her money i say you should be offended. now anyone that thinks this thread was created becuz of them is probably right. For the rest i meant no offense believe me i ride everything and anything with 2 wheels and its more often then not a Genuine of some sort (rattler). But i did get heated because she wouldnt. She had the same thought as most of you did. And didnt want to make a public thing out of it. I suppose i could learn a few more things from that girl.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

I guess I missed the link to the mentioned blog.
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

No harm, no foul ...

but it was kind of doozy for a first post.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BadWolf, the ModernBuddy community, as a whole, has been very supportive of Alix and her ride, regardless of their feelings about her cause. Many have also donated or participated in the raffles.

Sure, she's had a few critics here. That's to be expected of anyone who's making themselves into a public figure and making such a bold expression of their personal ideals. Alix is smart and resourceful, more than capable of defending herself.

I recently killed a post because I felt it was irrelevant to the thread in which it was posted and threatened to start a flame war. If anyone wants to chime in with dissenting opinions—and you're free to do so—please adhere to the Posting Guidelines.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
MPA

Post by MPA »

BadWolf wrote: So if you have givin her money i say you should be offended. .
Nah - those people are not worth the time/energy it would take to be offended. People donate to alot of causes someone else might not believe in (Planned Parenthood, their Church, strippers). If they want to be ignorant and believe I'm a brainless moron for donating who am I to stop them from being the closed minded assholes they truly are ;) When they give me money to spend I'll care what those people think. Until then they can suck the big one :)
donkin

Post by donkin »

Bad Wolf - Welcome to the board. You'll find helpful people that go out of their way to get us noobees started. And we like to have some fun.

I agree with others that have posted replies. Alix is committed to her cause and I respect her for her actions. We met her last week on her way to Ohio. My impression - She makes a positive impact by asking us to think about our personal definition of peace.

The Johnny Appleseed of peace.

It is up to each of us to decide who, what and how we support.

Go Alix Go!

http://www.peacescooter.com
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

Must have missed that post. OK, ammend my previous post. 99% of us support what she's doing.

I admire what she's doing and only wish more people had her convictions. People used to believe they could change the world.... what happened to us? :(

Agree with MPA.
I will not join a racist club that thinks one color is better then another. We are ALL BUDDY'S!
BGK

Post by BGK »

I try to limit myself to criticizing bad 2nd hand tuning information, shortsighted modification suggestions, emoticon abuse and marginally literate incoherent discussion board posts.
BadWolf

Post by BadWolf »

BGK wrote:I try to limit myself to criticizing bad 2nd hand tuning information, shortsighted modification suggestions, emoticon abuse and marginally literate incoherent discussion board posts.
WOW you really hurt my feelings. Sorry my grammar and spelling arent up to your standards. oops i should have put a comma up there.
maribell

Post by maribell »

BadWolf wrote:
BGK wrote:I try to limit myself to criticizing bad 2nd hand tuning information, shortsighted modification suggestions, emoticon abuse and marginally literate incoherent discussion board posts.
WOW you really hurt my feelings. Sorry my grammar and spelling arent up to your standards. oops i should have put a comma up there.

Hey kids, play nice!

Welcome to the board, BadWolf.
PasadenaSue

Post by PasadenaSue »

7eregrine wrote:
People used to believe they could change the world.... what happened to us?
We are riding scooters? :D
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

lol Changing the world, baby!!! :D
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

I've already changed the world. Now I'm working on something a bit harder, myself.

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BadWolf wrote:
I don't think this was directed at you.

I do have to say, BadWolf, that coming onto the forum and stirring up what's pretty much a dead issue is some troll-like behavior. This isn't something that was being hotly debated—or that really needs to be. If this thread crosses a line and violates Guidelines, I'll pull it.

And we've already come damn close.

So anyone should re-read them before responding here.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

this is bonkers :goofy:
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

PasadenaSue wrote:7eregrine wrote:

WHY RED IS RED!!!!!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

BuddyRaton wrote:
PasadenaSue wrote:7eregrine wrote:

WHY RED IS RED!!!!!
I couldnt have said it better myself. :clap: <--- Slow Clap
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Elm Creek Smith wrote:I've already changed the world. Now I'm working on something a bit harder, myself.

ECS
Sorry for not commenting on the thread at hand, but ECS... you're kinda my hero for that. It's very subtle, but I get it. Well stated, sir.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

I have to pipe in here and I'm sure I'll ruffle some feathers in the process. It is admirable what Alix is trying to accomplish and I commend her for her idealism, persistence, and philanthropy. She has also been a wonderful participant in our daily banter here. She has even personally been helpful to me when I PM'd her a couple times.

But before I donate my hard earned money, I'd like to know where the money is going. I think it would help tremendously if Alix could identify the environmental organization and the community minded organization that will be benefitting from her efforts. And I have no idea what "The Last Mile" is since the link doesn't work. I would love to donate to her cause, but without knowing the organizations, I am hesitant. I may not agree with the mission or purpose of the organizations she eventually names. Without that critical information, I have to pass. I wish I could donate just to cover her expenses, but that would defeat the purpose of her efforts (fundraising for charity and awareness). In the future, it would help potential donors like me to know all the organizations that will benefit ahead of the endeavor rather than after the fact.

I wish her well and would like to contribute, but am uncomfortable in doing so because I don't have enough information.

I already hear the flamethrowers lighting their weapons.
Last edited by k1dude on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

I do have to say, BadWolf, that coming onto the forum and stirring up what's pretty much a dead issue is some troll-like behavior.
This was my reaction when I first read this post. Whenever I see a new name on any forum tossing out accusations, I start wondering...

I wonder how long they've been lurking. Have they been reading every post or did they manage to stumble immediately onto something completely offensive to them? Or did they read nothing and hear something second hand?

I wonder how I missed this offensive point when I've checked in on this site just about daily for close to 2 years.

I wonder about human nature. Like, why does anyone think taking the "bull in a china shop" approach is a good idea? It would be like me logging into a Harley board and, without reading a single post or getting to know a single person, immediately criticizing everyone there for their reckless use of fringe. And, yes, I'm being tongue in cheek here. Some of the greatest people I've ever met ride Harley iron.

This thread is a great indicator of just how tolerant this board is. If someone pulled something like this on some other boards I frequent, this thread would already be vaporized.
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

Elm Creek Smith wrote:I've already changed the world. Now I'm working on something a bit harder, myself.

ECS
Particularly well said, Mr ECS. I make it a habit to avoid +1 type posts, but for something stated with such exquisite perfection, I'll make an exception.
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

k1dude wrote:I have to pipe in here and I'm sure I'll ruffle some feathers in the process. It is admirable what Alix is trying to accomplish and I commend her for her idealism, persistence, and philanthropy. She has also been a wonderful participant in our daily banter here. She has even personally been helpful to me when I PM'd her a couple times.

But before I donate my hard earned money, I'd like to know where the money is going. I think it would help tremendously if Alix could identify the environmental organization and the community minded organization that will be benefitting from her efforts. And I have no idea what "The Last Mile" is since the link doesn't work. I would love to donate to her cause, but without knowing the organizations, I am hesitant. I may not agree with the mission or purpose of the organizations she eventually names. Without that critical information, I have to pass. I wish I could donate just to cover her expenses, but that would defeat the purpose of her efforts (fundraising for charity and awareness). In the future, it would help potential donors like me to know all the organizations that will benefit ahead of the endeavor rather than after the fact.

I wish her well and would like to contribute, but am uncomfortable in doing so because I don't have enough information.

I don't think that's an unreasonable question.

Here's the link for The Last Mile, which is being organized by Crystal of scooterseatcovers.com.
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

k1dude wrote:I have to pipe in here and I'm sure I'll ruffle some feathers in the process. It is admirable what Alix is trying to accomplish and I commend her for her idealism, persistence, and philanthropy. She has also been a wonderful participant in our daily banter here. She has even personally been helpful to me when I PM'd her a couple times.

Yes. I'm out to take all of your money.
DO you like how I went through all the trouble to secure donated prizes to raffle?
And then schedule a raffle in the midst of all this other stuff? YOu know, blogging, riding, volunteering, talking to thousands of people....

Oh, shoot, I'm not even riding. I have a support van. No, no wait. I photoshop myself into photos. In fact, if you think you've met me-think again.
:wink:
Christ. I'm one of the most honest people you wll meet. (which is why the above is a joke)

NOtice I've done this ride for 6 months, and have a pretty solid amount of character references out there.

If a link doesnt work, please be proactive and tell me. If you have the time to announce it here, you have the time to let me know. Especially if it truly is the thing keeping you from making a donation.

Go to http://www.lastmileride.com/
I just checked the website and noticed that all the links to charities that was up on the raffle page are gone. But I post them here all the time. I'll contact my friend who must have erased them putting up new raffle buttons.

Poop happens.
And You're right. I need to announce an Envt org. YEP. Ive been asking for recommendations on that since April. Can you recommend any? Don't worry, it will be chosen within a week. I don't want to just give it to Greenpeace, because they have a lot of funding. There are a ton of groups who are doing envt group right now. I want donations to go to the right one.

I"m not going to hurt you or lie to you. This ride is not a vacation and I have no interest in scammng anyone. If so, I would have stayed a lot of places for much longer and had more fun.

I understand that my trip is a bit of a strange concept. Scooterists are a little cutting edge. MOst of you get it and THANKS OVER AND OVER for your light, laughter and support.

BAD WOLf. Thanks for coming forward after all your months here as a lurker and speaking your mind. I know you saw a post from a member here that was crude and they were shut down.

For those in the audience-that person then went on to blog about it. And they said rude, demeaning crap about the ride.

Bad Wolf, I hope you stick around and contribute your wealth of scooter info to this community.
We need you.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Alix, I can understand why you may feel a like you're being assailed at this point and may be on the defensive, but I don't think k1dude made any accusations or asked anything unreasonable. It didn't really warrant that sort of response. It didn't sound like he was questioning your degree of transparency; he just asked where the money goes.
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

Lostmycage wrote:

ECS
Sorry for not commenting on the thread at hand, but ECS... you're kinda my hero for that. It's very subtle, but I get it. Well stated, sir.
+1
Last edited by djelliott on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
pocphil
Dealer

Post by pocphil »

Since I'm usually too busy selling scooters to tree-hugging peace-niks and profiteering off the backs of folks who think their buying a scooter is going to "change the world" by using less oil and reducing traffic congestion and polluting less and all sorts of other feel-good nonsense, I usually don't have time in the summer to chime in on anything that isn't going to earn me $$$ in the process.

A few years ago a British dude travelled the U.S. taking Ca$h from everyone he met, couch surfing, running up phone bills without permission and generally mooching his way accross the USA. I think he later went home to write an article called "How to have a scooter vacation in America and turn a profit at the same time". His intentions may have started out as honorable. But after talking to the guy you'd come to realize he hadn't held any sort of real job outside of "charity manipulation" in many, many years. After my experience supporting him, I became a huge critic of anything done in the name of charity.

Everyone needs to make their own decisions regarding the validity of ANY organization, operation or movement.

But....they need to make their decisions first-hand, not on the opinions of others or based on hearsay from of all places an internet forum. Where all voices, experienced and radically prejudicial are given exactly the same credibility.

On this issue, the P.E.A.C.E. ride in particular my opinion is:

1- I have met Alix too late in this quest. She is an amazing person who brings a sense of self-reflection to those she meets and tends to bring out the best in those around her.

2- She holds strong to her beliefs while honoring yours without judgement or ridicule.

3- She has performed the great "scooterist coup" taking a little bike and making it do great things. We all are drawn to this "Giant Killer" mentality and it makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside when we do very much with very little.

4- She really will give every $$$ to whoever she says she will, to the point of being overheard saying "I just need to make sure I have enough $$$ to get home after the end of the trip in D.C." If there's any corruption in this event it's on the part of scooter shop owners like myself who will use her adventure as a testimonial to the strength of the Buddy instead of to the dedication of the pilot.

5- I gave her nothing, NOTHING until after I met her, and after meeting her, I couldn't give her enough. That's the change she creates. The change that will make me take a second to look at situations a little differently in the future.

Hopefully, right about the time the positive-vibe and good attitude she's instilled in me will last until the next time someone pulls off an equally impressive scooter-trick and keeps me fired up through the next slow sales season.

Log on to www.peacescooter.com and post YOUR definition of peace and see if you can squeeze 10 seconds of personal reflection and change out of the experience and it all will be worth it.

Rant over.
Phil Waters
ClevelandMoto
Pride Of Cleveland Scooters
18636 Detroit Rd.
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
216-227-1964
www.clevelandmoto.com
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

You got a problem with tree-hugging peace-niks, pal?!? :evil:

(JOKE: Why do I feel the need to tell people when I am joking on this board lately?)

ericalm wrote:It didn't really warrant that sort of response. It didn't sound like he was questioning your degree of transparency; he just asked where the money goes.
And she explained.
Maybe it's because I have met Alix, but I didn't think her response was out of line at all. I see no anger or malice in her post.... Thought it was well written actually.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Please understand people, this has NOTHING to do with Alix. This has to do with donating to UNKNOWN organizations. At least for me personally. For some reason, people feel my post is questioning Alix's honesty, motivations and persona. Trust me, it does not.

Alix, I'm sorry you took offense to my post. I'm not quite sure you understood my concerns. Many charities anymore seem to be politcal or profit machines. More and more are misrepresenting their purpose whether they have been hijacked or were intentionally formed. Their names and stated missions remain altruistic, but their actions and purpose indicate otherwise. So it is of great importance for me to make sure I don't contribute to an organization I disagree with philisophically and ethically. That is why I must know in advance where my contribution will eventually wind up.
MPA

Post by MPA »

k1dude - I didn't take your post as being against Alix - you just want to make sure your $ is going towards the cause, and I don't blame you for that. it's the internet and sometimes words come across wrong :)

Look what happened with Vespadition and all the drama it caused, but I believe Alix is definitely not pulling a Vespadition.
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

i know that comparisons between vespadition and the p.e.a.c.e ride are inevitable due to their form, but even before the scandal broke, you could not compare their function.

like a few other mb members i had the privilege of meeting alix and doing what i feel was my little itsy bitty part in helping this incredible woman on her mission. she's a great girl and i love her immensely, but she is not some scared cow. she is a grown ass woman who is fully and wonderfully capable of facing her detractors, which is why i usually refrain from jumping in on threads like these (plus i also really enjoy reading her always spot-on replies).

BUT i have to say that the heat that she has been getting on this forum lately (in more than one thread) has me pretty pissed off. while i do think k1dude's concerns are valid, there have also been some really bone-headed arguments detracting from her ride. which has got me wondering what the hell is wrong around here. eric has done a great job of keeping everyone in check, but it's crazy to me that he should even have to.

her ride is on the home stretch, the peace sign is almost done, that's what really matters here.
sunil: "And if you spend 40 dollars making a pizza then you sir are a retard."
ericalm: "No name calling, please. Maybe he's using truffles and top-grade meats."
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

7eregrine wrote:You got a problem with tree-hugging peace-niks, pal?!? :evil:

(JOKE: Why do I feel the need to tell people when I am joking on this board lately?)
Because it seems there are more and more humorless people who sit around waiting to jump in people's sh*t every chance they get or who enjoy raining on people's parades. Or maybe they just misread things sometimes, as I did (see below).
7eregrine wrote:
ericalm wrote:It didn't really warrant that sort of response. It didn't sound like he was questioning your degree of transparency; he just asked where the money goes.
And she explained.
Maybe it's because I have met Alix, but I didn't think her response was out of line at all. I see no anger or malice in her post.... Thought it was well written actually.
Yes, I have met her as well. Re-reading her post, her humor/sarcasm could be easily misconstrued as defensiveness (as I did before re-reading). And no one in this thread is on the attack, criticizing her personally, or making the kinds of accusations she dismissed with her sarcasm. But sorry, Alix, I'm a bit prickly from a rough last week or so on the forum. Forgive me!

As for the blog post in question, if anyone would like to chime in with their opinions in the blog's comment section, please do so. Keep in mind that blogger is an MB member (sotied). I'm posting this link here only because I think these defenses would benefit Alix, her cause, and her reputation there, where people will see the criticisms of her.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

7eregrine wrote:I don't think anyone here is anti-Alix, James. If they are, they are freaking communists!!
As a pro-Alix communist, I am offended by this comment.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

I've been on this forum for nearly every day since January. I'm sorry, people, but if there has been a lot of negative posting about Alix's ride, I just haven't seen it. I can't imagine that a more casual user would have seen it, either.

I also can't imagine too many people here who are against what Alix is doing. I do see a lot of people here who, through their lack of interest, are not interested in what Alix is doing. The truth of the matter is that not everyone is going to be an avid supporter of a cause, but that doesn't mean they are opposed to that cause or against the person advocating the cause. They just aren't interested.

An earlier poster mentioned that they didn't support Alix's cause with a donation until they met Alix. That's how most people are, in my opinion. You don't really think about something until a personal experience causes you to change your current course of action.

Case in point. I donate to Ovarian cancer research and a scholarship in my first wife's name because 14-months after we were married, she died of Ovarian cancer. There's a lot of things I don't donate money to that I support, but my interests lie elsewhere.

In general, and this goes for any topic that has two clearly defined camps (ATGATT vs flip flop wearers), (Old school scooterists vs. those new to the sport/lifestyle/whatever it is), etc., silence or indifference does not amount to taking a side.

I do know that an "If you're not with us, you're against us" mentality is the worst kind of attitude to walk around with (scoot around with).
beagldog

Post by beagldog »

I think what Alix is doing is awesome and I have participated in the raffles but I think what a lot of people are losing sight of is Alix's cause and the fact that she's doing it on a Buddy-isn't this Modern Buddy? We all love our scooters and besides raising awareness for peace, it's also raising awareness to other scooterists that the Buddy is for real-an awesome scooter at an affordable price.

People need to lighten up and not be so rude in this thread or any other. :o
MPA

Post by MPA »

eh, it's just him and 2 supporters in 4 days on that blog.

While he's focusing solely on her cash intake and expenditures - she's also donating her time.
Texas Tornado

Post by Texas Tornado »

topic6856.html

Check it out!

And yes I am part of the 99% of MB members who support her too!
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

GT1000,

What is the significance of the two porpoises in your avatar????
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

DennisD wrote:GT1000,

For one to be significant, he must have a porpoise, or two.
:D

Dustin

Confucius say: Man with hand in pocket not feel crazy, Just feel nuts. :clown:
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

djelliott wrote:
DennisD wrote:GT1000,

For one to be significant, he must have a porpoise, or two.
:D

Dustin

Confucius say: Man with hand in pocket not feel crazy, Just feel nuts. :clown:
Or if not two porpoises, a cow and a porpoise. Because a cow without a poirpose is just a bovine.