New Blur

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Speeda

New Blur

Post by Speeda »

Rode the Blur home today in 45 degree weather, ended up putting 89 miles on it before calling it a day. What a difference in the performance and comfort of this ride compared to the Metropolitan that I have. The Met is a great little machine and an enjoyment to ride, but this is Valhalla...Maybe I'll call in well to work tomorrow.....
Live Free Or Die
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Though I've heard great things about the Met, I'm sure anythiing 125cc+ would seem quite a bit different! The Genuine scoots seem to be taking the "easiest scooters to ride" mantle away from the Hondas. May be time for Honda to bring something different to the US.
Speeda

Post by Speeda »

Day 2 of ownership of Blur was another grand day, put another 101 miles on it and breaking in the motor, as the manual states. Haven't had any issues except that the mirrors are not very user friendly [arms are too short, not mine the mirror's] so that I've got a great view of my shoulders, and elbows. Very enjoible ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not missing the Met. Hoping that this is going to be a good relationship with the scooter.
Live Free Or Die
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Speeda wrote:put another 101 miles
Is your speedometer actually calibrated to something resembling miles?

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Speeda

Post by Speeda »

Actually, illnoise I'm using a new method that I read about,
It's called BOUs. Blur-dometer now shows 232 BOUs and change. Oil time?
Live Free Or Die

Post by 360 »

Speeda wrote:Day 2 of ownership of Blur was another grand day, put another 101 miles on it and breaking in the motor, as the manual states. Haven't had any issues except that the mirrors are not very user friendly [arms are too short, not mine the mirror's] so that I've got a great view of my shoulders, and elbows. Very enjoible ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not missing the Met. Hoping that this is going to be a good relationship with the scooter.
Really that's surprising? the mirrors are pretty adjustable. I'd fiddle with it, cuz i'm sure there's an acceptable position where you can see the road behind clearly. Sometimes I adjust the mirrors for the type of ride. High speed trips I angle them slightly upwards so that when I lean forward I still have a good view. Set them a little different when riding in groups to minimize blindspots. They seem to be able to face just about any direction with a little fiddling.
Last edited by 360 on Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

Hi Speeda,

Cheers 2 you and your new Blur! Nice!

Funny, I don't like the mirrors either. Really the only thing that I don't think is just great on this scooter. I can't see what is behind me ... but as was stated in the classic movie, 'The Gumball Rally', "a-what-sa behind-ah me, a-doesn't a-matter" (use your best Italian accent when you do that).

Happy riding!
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

The blur mirrors are the best i've ever used, though my experience is limited to vintage bikes.

as far as service, the sticker on my headset said 500km and the odometer seems closer to km than miles, so I just went with 500bdu (blur distance units? was that the acronym?)

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.