What Happened to Buddy Series Two Buttons/Magnets?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

runtotorun121

What Happened to Buddy Series Two Buttons/Magnets?

Post by runtotorun121 »

I don't remember if the topic was a sticky or not, but were there going to be new buttons and magnets? I recently received my order from the first series, and they were much more awesome in person!!! :) I am looking forward to see what is next. If there is a next?
~Celebrate~
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

There will be a series 2. I just haven't gotten to them yet. Hopefully, this week!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

oop :oops: ... yeah, I was gonna submit some, but I've been really busy with work and now kinda orchestrating this whole scooter group thing. Maybe I can do a little here and there and hopefully have some for series 3? :roll:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

KRUSTYburger wrote:oop :oops: ... yeah, I was gonna submit some, but I've been really busy with work and now kinda orchestrating this whole scooter group thing. Maybe I can do a little here and there and hopefully have some for series 3? :roll:
whenever you have time, your submissions will always be welcome!

:)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

er, I might need that template again... I can't seem to find it.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I had to go look for it!

viewtopic.php?t=5828
BeetleGoose

Post by BeetleGoose »

I was just thinking to myself, "Series 2, where's series 1?" So I decide to do use the Search tool and lo and behold I find this: viewtopic.php?t=4488&highlight=buttons+magnets. The Search tool, what a novel idea! :mrgreen:

Those are nice buttons so I got to thinking some more. Here's a couple questions/ideas:

Eric, have you thought about selling those wares to scooter stores? I know if I saw that in NoHo Scooters selling for the right amount of $$, I'd pick a few up.

Perhaps we (MBers who purchase them) can use them as sort of a calling card to other scooterists. It would help to promote the scooter cause (MB, Genuine, scootering).

Bonus points if you leave them on another Buddy. Double bonus if you leave them on or get them from an MBer. I'm thinking of it going something like what they did in that 80's movie "Gotcha" with a young Anthony Edwards (minus all of the Eastern Bloc cloak and dagger stuff). I can see it now... "You've been Buddy Buttoned!"

OK, I'm ending my thought process.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BeetleGoose wrote:Those are nice buttons so I got to thinking some more. Here's a couple questions/ideas:

Eric, have you thought about selling those wares to scooter stores? I know if I saw that in NoHo Scooters selling for the right amount of $$, I'd pick a few up.

Perhaps we (MBers who purchase them) can use them as sort of a calling card to other scooterists. It would help to promote the scooter cause (MB, Genuine, scootering).

Bonus points if you leave them on another Buddy. Double bonus if you leave them on or get them from an MBer. I'm thinking of it going something like what they did in that 80's movie "Gotcha" with a young Anthony Edwards (minus all of the Eastern Bloc cloak and dagger stuff). I can see it now... "You've been Buddy Buttoned!"
The problem with selling them to/through dealers is that right now, I'm just making these one at a time with my l'il home button press. I had some inquiries from people wanting them in larger quantities, but I was having trouble keeping up with demand just from members!

I'm working on MB cards to send to dealers and members to give to other scooterists and so on. The backs of the cards for members will likely have some kind of "hey, you've been scooter spotted by member –––––– @ modernbuddy.com" kind of thing.

Some of this stuff will be coming sooner rather than later, I hope. Buttons series 2 will be done first, though.
standup

Post by standup »

A quick google turns up these guys: http://www.rockbuttons.com

Looks like a small order, 100, costs about .33 per button. Don't know how that compares to the effort of making them one at a time. And I've never used or heard of this company.
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

this might make a good button for MB
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

standup wrote:A quick google turns up these guys: http://www.rockbuttons.com

Looks like a small order, 100, costs about .33 per button. Don't know how that compares to the effort of making them one at a time. And I've never used or heard of this company.
Yeah, it's pretty cheap. But MB series 1 had 30 designs! (Some were very successful, others not so much. It was a learning experience.)

I could use them for generic "Modern Buddy" buttons to be given away at dealers, but even at this price, if I sent 50-100 to each dealer, I'd go broke!
UXO

Post by UXO »

kazoo wrote:this might make a good button for MB
Is that the MB wave you are talking about?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

New buttons NOW AVAILABLE!
topic8084.html