The Most Fun You've Ever Had On A Scooter?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Corsair

The Most Fun You've Ever Had On A Scooter?

Post by Corsair »

What was one of your greatest scooter moments?
baptisto

Post by baptisto »

i went from chicago north damn near to wisconsin once i was outta the city there were hills winding roads deer all that awesome stuff i m not used to be an inner city guy good times people looking at me crazy haha fun stuff 8)
all malfunction aside ,,i feel im a better person
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

Can't wait to add my own stories... spring can't come fast enough
Keys

Post by Keys »

I think the most fun I ever had on a scooter was when I rode all over Rome on my Vespa with Sophia Loren on the back, wearing a peasant blouse. No, wait...that wasn't me. Crap!!

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
smorris

Post by smorris »

Riding with my Dad, 52 years ago. If it hadn't beeen for that, I probably wouldn't be riding a scooter now.

Steve - Avon, Ohio
The Morris Garage

2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 ____ 2006 Vespa LX150 ____ 1965 Vespa 180 SS
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon ____ 1958 MGA Roadster
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

The great thing about scooters is that pretty much any ride is fun, moreso if you're warm and dry. I had a blast picking up bagels this morning.

I had a really good time at the Denver scoot for toys yesterday. First group ride in a while, it was well organized and lots of fun. Got to meet a couple of fellow Buddy riders too, including the Coach. How can you not laugh out loud when you're in a group of 80-100 scooters zipping through the city?
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
Coach B

Post by Coach B »

It was great fun on the Denver Scoot for Toys, riding through the neighborhood north of down town. We were honking our horns and waving to the people who came out to see what the noise was. I'm glad I had the chance to meet GT1000 and Goon. Hopefully more buddy riders will join us next year. The best part is knowing that we brought a little happiness to the kids and families that Ron McD takes care of.
Stay safe.
The Coach Scoots
ellen

Post by ellen »

Keys wrote:I think the most fun I ever had on a scooter was when I rode all over Rome on my Vespa with Sophia Loren on the back, wearing a peasant blouse. No, wait...that wasn't me. Crap!!
Thanks goodness! You would have looked silly wearing a peasant blouse :P
Beamie

Post by Beamie »

I never kiss and tell.
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

I promised her I would never tell anyone about that. All I can tell you is "professional driver on a closed course" would be inaccurate.
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
Keys

Post by Keys »

Indeed, Ellen, I would have...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

so far the best moment for me was the first time lojical1 and I sat on the scooter together.

Anyone else have a moment to share?
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

Last fall a group of us rode four scooters from the Twin Cities to Duluth for a monthly Moto get together.

Here's the results (warning: no Buddy content)
Enjoy.
-K

http://www.gearwhore.smugmug.com/galler ... 3#98357971
She rides: nothing yet
He rides: crappy 35 year-old Vespa (and 70cc Rattler)

Minnesota Motorcyle Monthly

My SmugMug
Tbone

Post by Tbone »

At the moment, it was the day I got the scooter. Had a friend help transport it to the house. From there off and on for the next few hours I just scooted.

The Vespa is my personal daily commute vehicle. So unfortunately, I already get up early to get into work early and currently am working 2 jobs. I haven't done much recreational scooting since that first day! :| YET. Though in 1 weeks time I've put on about 100 miles :D

I'm hoping in the next few weeks to put in some more recreational time on the scoot. Talked with the wife. Once I feel more confident/comfortable, I'll get her set up for 2 up riding. We talked about scooting down to a local winery. That might be REAL fun!
"Life Is all about ASS! You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it!"
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

I promised I wouldn't tell.
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner Dottie, a REBEL.
vaderscoot

Post by vaderscoot »

when i did the american cancer society ride for life it was 1000 harleys 200 rockets and me it was a 100 mile run
birdmove

Post by birdmove »

The times my wife and I rode our scooters (her Metro, my Ruckus) onto the Anacortes ferry to Orcas Island (once to San Juan Island), and spent our weekend tooling all over the island staying in a bed and breakfast.

jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii
250koala

Post by 250koala »

So far, I'm gonna say.."Last night"
I worked 10 AM to 6:30 Pm w/o lunch break. My other half picked me up on the Buddy for the the Pops Orchestra performance in the park.
whee! We zipped up the road and stopped to grab a chicken dinner for picnic. It fit nicely hanging on that front hook.
Wheee! We zipped right past the park to the Circle K. Needed soda. Coca cola bottle fit in the "glove bin" just fine.
whheee across the street to park in the dirt median in the park. Um "wow shoulda grabbed a blanket." My prince charming just smiles and pops the seat. Magically, a blanket appears. WOW( Trunk had that blanket, my little purse, a bottle of water and 8 small traffic cones in it.) We left our helmets hanging on the little posts under the seat. Awesome! I hate carrying my full face helmet around.
The concert was very impressive. The three Royal Tenors from Denmark were the featured guests. They brought with them a beautiful sporano with a very smooth voice. I hated to see the concert end, but I really did have to go back to work for an hour or so more. So we hopped back on the scooter and eased right into the traffic that was backing up quickly.
A cop asked us as we squeezed into line"Hey. isn't that kinda cheatting?" We just laughed. He smiled as did some of the people in cars as we zipped out on to the road. Wow I love my bike!
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

with all the new members I thought I'd bump a couple older threads, hey I like hearing scooter stories...lol
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

OMG Steve are you playing a yellow Kazoo in that picture?

Kaz
smorris wrote:Riding with my Dad, 52 years ago. If it hadn't beeen for that, I probably wouldn't be riding a scooter now.

lindsey

Post by lindsey »

i'm a single city girl. i love having my friends on the back - we feel pretty darn cool when we stop at a light - who doesn't notice a couple of pretty girls on a bright orange scooter? even better, i love having a guy on the back, riding "b*tch", as it is affectionately known. kind of a cool feeling. :lol:
lojical1

Post by lojical1 »

I would have to say zooming past Corsair on Michigan ave, riding together to the park and even the comic book store and just exploring throughout the metro area. I miss riding weather but hopefully we will be able to enjoy the ride together soon enough in Texas. :D
"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
-Spike Spiegel

If ur not scared u aint drivin' fast enough .
bobcat20

Post by bobcat20 »

I test drove my buddy 50 the other day. I did not leave a parking lot and still had the time of my life. The first thing that I am planning on doing with my buddy is taking her on a trip up the catalina mts (N of Tucson) I dream about it. It'll be amazing.
"I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve, I have a history of losing my shirt." - BNL
RabidChild

Post by RabidChild »

birdmove wrote:The times my wife and I rode our scooters (her Metro, my Ruckus) onto the Anacortes ferry to Orcas Island (once to San Juan Island), and spent our weekend tooling all over the island staying in a bed and breakfast.

jon
Dang, I'm really hoping to get to do a ride up to the San Juans this year. That had to be a blast.
hammer down
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

I had a totally great time when Madtotos did their Halloween scavanger hunt, and i went two up with my little sister on back. We had a great time, even though we didn't get 1st place. How silly for us not to get a picture together on the scoot! *tsktsk* but we had fun at the afterparty

Corsair

Post by Corsair »

:D
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Wellllll...my commute every day is pretty fun. It's just such a great feeling to zip by the corners where I'd wait 15+ minutes each for that dang bus to pick me up.

But I have to say that scooter rallies are the most fun times ever! Charm City and the Philly rallies are so much fun. I hope I can make as many rallies this year, but I'm back in class. D'oh!
ModBud #442
rajron

Post by rajron »

I can think of a lot of things to do on the scooter, but, I haven’t really done very many of those things other than ride.
Dibber

Post by Dibber »

Only one summer on a scooter and already to many good times. I guess the best time is when ever my wife and I go for ride and I look at her with that great big smile on her face. She really loves to ride.
Bart "This is the worst day of my life!" Homer "No it's the worst day so far!"
www.twincitiesrider.com
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

bumping because I was being negative earlier today ...lol