A few front rack questions

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

buddyinblack

A few front rack questions

Post by buddyinblack »

Is the front rack very useful? Another question is does it slow you down much? Does the buddy ride better as far as weight ditribution with things stored up front?
Xena

Post by Xena »

I have noticed no difference in speed hinderance with mine. I have not used it at all for anything yet other than it looking good. I think for me, it was more cosmetic than practicality. They just look sexy.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

My main cosmetic complaint about the buddy is the punchouts in the legshield, so a rack does fix that. : )

I don't have a Buddy, but I always found a little weight on my vespa front rack helps balance the load a lot. I've always preferred a front rack to a rear rack or topbox. As long as the load is balanced and aerodynamic and tied down properly and not blocking your headlight.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

If you know auto body repair and how to work with bondo body filler, you can fill those holes up and respray the front panel :lol:
Tysonviolin

Post by Tysonviolin »

The front rack is useful in the daylight hours but blocks the headlamp at night. I've carried quite a few 18 packs of bottles on their with one bungie. Fits snuggly.
Scooting is ZEN....