Italia Owners Club ~ The IOC

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

User avatar
CycleScoot
Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:07 pm
Location: Salisbury, NC

Italia Owners Club ~ The IOC

Post by CycleScoot »

I'll kick it off, ya'll run with it.

Image

Image
Shane Wilson
Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:51 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Post by Shane Wilson »

My son and my Buddy.
Attachments
100_0639.jpg
100_0639.jpg (196.78 KiB) Viewed 2333 times
User avatar
betsy q. bramble
Member
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:39 pm
Location: portland, or

Post by betsy q. bramble »

Image


Image
User avatar
betsy q. bramble
Member
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:39 pm
Location: portland, or

Post by betsy q. bramble »

Uh, we should possibly change it to IWPBOC.

(Italias With Prima Bag Owners Club)

But the IOC sounds so bad ass!
User avatar
MikieTaps
Member
Posts: 2488
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 3:38 am
Location: Bellevue WA "the dirty eastside"
Contact:

Post by MikieTaps »

the prima bag just matches the italia so damn perfectly!! it still wont help them catch up to the red buddies that left the italias in the dust... :wink:
Image
Image
User avatar
ScooterTrash
Member
Posts: 2027
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: Idaho Falls, ID

Post by ScooterTrash »

MikieTaps wrote:the prima bag just matches the italia so damn perfectly!! it still wont help them catch up to the red buddies that left the italias in the dust... :wink:
I am SO sick of the RBC wanna be's :evil:
Image
User avatar
MikieTaps
Member
Posts: 2488
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 3:38 am
Location: Bellevue WA "the dirty eastside"
Contact:

Post by MikieTaps »

imitation is the greatest form of flattery :D
Image
Image
User avatar
betsy q. bramble
Member
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:39 pm
Location: portland, or

Post by betsy q. bramble »

oh boys, go play with your Prima pipes...
User avatar
ScooterTrash
Member
Posts: 2027
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: Idaho Falls, ID

Post by ScooterTrash »

betsy q. bramble wrote:oh boys, go play with your Prima pipes...
No Mikie, I think jealousy is :lol:
Image
User avatar
Syd
Member
Posts: 4724
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Tempe

Post by Syd »

CycleScoot,
Nice vignetting (sp?). Photoshop, or a filter?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
User avatar
addictionriot
Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:18 am
Location: PA

Post by addictionriot »

Yipee :D

Image
User avatar
CycleScoot
Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:07 pm
Location: Salisbury, NC

Post by CycleScoot »

Syd wrote:CycleScoot,
Nice vignetting (sp?). Photoshop, or a filter?
It's photoshop and thanks!
User avatar
jmazza
Moderator
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Broomfield, CO

Post by jmazza »

addictionriot wrote:Yipee :D

Image
Whoa addictionriot that's cool! When did you do that? I missed the thread about it if there was one. I love it!!


And RBC members... don't you know not EVERYTHING in life is a race? Style counts. Even if you don't want to acknowledge that, your wives/girlfriends wish you did!! :P
User avatar
addictionriot
Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:18 am
Location: PA

Post by addictionriot »

jmazza wrote:
addictionriot wrote:Yipee :D

Image
Whoa addictionriot that's cool! When did you do that? I missed the thread about it if there was one. I love it!!


And RBC members... don't you know not EVERYTHING in life is a race? Style counts. Even if you don't want to acknowledge that, your wives/girlfriends wish you did!! :P
so you go all mod on us and forget about your friends huh? ;)

http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=87437 maybe you were sleeping that day.. its ok :D
I have reflective orange stripes on my rims now, which are a pain in the butt to put on btw.
User avatar
jmazza
Moderator
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Broomfield, CO

Post by jmazza »

addictionriot wrote:
so you go all mod on us and forget about your friends huh? ;)

http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=87437 maybe you were sleeping that day.. its ok :D
I have reflective orange stripes on my rims now, which are a pain in the butt to put on btw.
Harsh! I'm still the 'mod of the people!!!' Sorry I missed the other thread!! I think it's because I have no tips for painting, so I missed the final results... again, it looks really great!! You have to get some in motion shots of those rims at night with a strong flash somehow.
User avatar
addictionriot
Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:18 am
Location: PA

Post by addictionriot »

jmazza wrote:
addictionriot wrote:
so you go all mod on us and forget about your friends huh? ;)

http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=87437 maybe you were sleeping that day.. its ok :D
I have reflective orange stripes on my rims now, which are a pain in the butt to put on btw.
Harsh! I'm still the 'mod of the people!!!' Sorry I missed the other thread!! I think it's because I have no tips for painting, so I missed the final results... again, it looks really great!! You have to get some in motion shots of those rims at night with a strong flash somehow.
:lol: ok. Wheres your pic?
User avatar
jmazza
Moderator
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Broomfield, CO

Post by jmazza »

addictionriot wrote:
jmazza wrote:
addictionriot wrote:
so you go all mod on us and forget about your friends huh? ;)

http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=87437 maybe you were sleeping that day.. its ok :D
I have reflective orange stripes on my rims now, which are a pain in the butt to put on btw.
Harsh! I'm still the 'mod of the people!!!' Sorry I missed the other thread!! I think it's because I have no tips for painting, so I missed the final results... again, it looks really great!! You have to get some in motion shots of those rims at night with a strong flash somehow.
:lol: ok. Wheres your pic?
I need to a new scooter photoshoot... the only semi-good one is this (I've posted it before):

Image

I've got a DBSC decal on the front now which I like a lot.
User avatar
naptime
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:42 pm
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Contact:

Post by naptime »

i dont understand the bickering between red buddy owners and everyone else.

or for that matter even the need for an italia owncers club.


when everyone KNOWS that the BEST buddy's are french and blue :P
User avatar
jmazza
Moderator
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Broomfield, CO

Post by jmazza »

naptime wrote:i dont understand the bickering between red buddy owners and everyone else.

or for that matter even the need for an italia owncers club.


when everyone KNOWS that the BEST buddy's are french and blue :P
You know I like all the Internationals a lit and actually would vote to make this the INTERNATIONAL Owners Club.

Our motto can be "yeah we paid more for two tone paint and 3 more mph, SO WHAT?"

Then again, I'd also vote to have a subset of the Italia Owners Club that is only for us owners of the ORIGINAL Italia!!! :P
User avatar
CycleScoot
Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:07 pm
Location: Salisbury, NC

Post by CycleScoot »

jmazza wrote:
naptime wrote:i dont understand the bickering between red buddy owners and everyone else.

or for that matter even the need for an italia owncers club.


when everyone KNOWS that the BEST buddy's are french and blue :P
You know I like all the Internationals a lit and actually would vote to make this the INTERNATIONAL Owners Club.

Our motto can be "yeah we paid more for two tone paint and 3 more mph, SO WHAT?"

Then again, I'd also vote to have a subset of the Italia Owners Club that is only for us owners of the ORIGINAL Italia!!! :P
I just like the idea of being able to go directly to something when I want to see it. I'd also like to recommend the various other colored Buddy's to do the same. Maybe we could have these sticky'd in the Gallery for ease of locating. Many other forums do this to for photos. The Reds and Seafoamers are accounted for...any others?
User avatar
jmazza
Moderator
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Broomfield, CO

Post by jmazza »

CycleScoot wrote:
I just like the idea of being able to go directly to something when I want to see it. I'd also like to recommend the various other colored Buddy's to do the same. Maybe we could have these sticky'd in the Gallery for ease of locating. Many other forums do this to for photos. The Reds and Seafoamers are accounted for...any others?
Oh I totally agree- I'm just playing around with the whole "club" concept. For a photo thread- absolutely it makes sense to stick to just us. 8)
User avatar
italiaguy
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Avon Lake, Ohio

Post by italiaguy »

<a href="http://s476.photobucket.com/albums/rr12 ... =photo.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr12 ... /photo.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

Adding my Italia to the mix. I took this with my phone – I'll add better pictures later.
User avatar
addictionriot
Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:18 am
Location: PA

Post by addictionriot »

I still enjoy the chrome trim
User avatar
Barberry17
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:05 pm
Location: New York, NY
Contact:

My 3 week old Italia!

Post by Barberry17 »

Bought at Brooklyn Bretta, and he/she (not named or gender specified yet, help with that!), lives in Manhattan!

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v32/B ... cture3.png" target="_blank"><img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/B ... cture3.png" border="0" alt="Brooklyn Bridge"></a>

First ride together, across the Brooklyn Bridge towards home!

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v32/B ... cture7.png" target="_blank"><img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/B ... cture7.png" border="0" alt="At Grom"></a>

In the Upper West Side, having Italian Gelato with my Italia!! =)
kazoo
Member
Posts: 751
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:20 am

Post by kazoo »

jmazza wrote: Image

Nice kodachrome. Its got album cover written all over it - Shoot, did I just say that - Scratch that -Cool pic. 8)

Seriously, I think that is a cool shot. B+W does help doesn't it...
Gegenschein
User avatar
betsy q. bramble
Member
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:39 pm
Location: portland, or

Post by betsy q. bramble »

I was wondering if BrooklynBretta customers were ever going to represent on the board. Welcome!
User avatar
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator
Posts: 4499
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:36 am
Location: The Interwebz!

Post by Lostmycage »

I don't care what color goes faster, I just like to ride. Here's a pic of my half way done customized Italia. There's still a few things in the works, so more to come.

Image

I'll try to snap a pic of it in the sunlight sometime soon. Probably after I debadge and situate some reflective pin striping.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
User avatar
mayra
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

Post by mayra »

Lostmycage wrote:I don't care what color goes faster, I just like to ride. Here's a pic of my half way done customized Italia. There's still a few things in the works, so more to come.

Image

I'll try to snap a pic of it in the sunlight sometime soon. Probably after I debadge and situate some reflective pin striping.
wow i love it! i wish i could make mine look so fresh. i'm just so paranoid of someone trying to steal it (although the paranoia has died down since moving from the fan to southside)

so pink it'll stay for now
User avatar
italiaguy
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Avon Lake, Ohio

Post by italiaguy »

Fun with my Buddy, Photoshop and too much time on my hands.
(Actually, that sentence sounds kinda x-rated.) :shock:
Attachments
myitalia1.jpg
myitalia1.jpg (88.31 KiB) Viewed 2097 times
User avatar
jmazza
Moderator
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Broomfield, CO

Post by jmazza »

italiaguy wrote:Fun with my Buddy, Photoshop and too much time on my hands.
(Actually, that sentence sounds kinda x-rated.) :shock:
Very cool! Any chance you wouldn't mind me using it as a desktop pic (and therefore linking me a larger size!!)??
User avatar
italiaguy
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Avon Lake, Ohio

Post by italiaguy »

I don't mind at all, but I created it lo-res so the resolution wont be there to look great. I can try to increase the resolution for you, but it probably won't be great. What aspect ratio do you need it?
User avatar
italiaguy
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Avon Lake, Ohio

Post by italiaguy »

Actually, I'll just re-create it this weekend in hi-res and at a larger size. It's better to decrease rather than increase – for quality sake.
User avatar
MikieTaps
Member
Posts: 2488
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 3:38 am
Location: Bellevue WA "the dirty eastside"
Contact:

Post by MikieTaps »

I LOVE ITALIAS! What a great picture! Can you make a red one... :oops:
Image
Image
User avatar
ScooterTrash
Member
Posts: 2027
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: Idaho Falls, ID

Post by ScooterTrash »

MikieTaps wrote:I LOVE ITALIAS! What a great picture! Can you make a red one... :oops:
Someone is trying to get demoted :lol: we already had an Italia girl do our signature pic :oops:
Image
User avatar
jmazza
Moderator
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Broomfield, CO

Post by jmazza »

italiaguy wrote:I don't mind at all, but I created it lo-res so the resolution wont be there to look great. I can try to increase the resolution for you, but it probably won't be great. What aspect ratio do you need it?
Cool thanks! Your avatar is great too... If you wanted to make any other desktops I'm sure everyone here would snap them up!

My monitor rez is 1680x1050.

Thanks again!
User avatar
olhogrider
Member
Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:30 pm
Location: Vegas Baby!

Post by olhogrider »

How about a Saint Tropez Owner's Party or STOP
User avatar
dsmith65
Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Franklin, TN

Post by dsmith65 »

Lostmycage wrote:I don't care what color goes faster, I just like to ride. Here's a pic of my half way done customized Italia. There's still a few things in the works, so more to come.

Image

I'll try to snap a pic of it in the sunlight sometime soon. Probably after I debadge and situate some reflective pin striping.
Did you buy that seat or have it made?
Last edited by dsmith65 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
CycleScoot
Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:07 pm
Location: Salisbury, NC

Post by CycleScoot »

olhogrider wrote:How about a Saint Tropez Owner's Party or STOP
How bout' you start your own thread or HBYSYOT.
User avatar
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator
Posts: 4499
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:36 am
Location: The Interwebz!

Post by Lostmycage »

dsmith65 wrote:
Did you buy that seat or have it made?
Neither. It came with the Buddy [/smartass off] :lol:

I reupholstered it with Marine grade Vinyl. It's got a lot better feel than the stock cover. And I *hate-hate-hate* the gray color it came with. It just doesn't fit the colors! I was just gonna get a seatcover, but I wanted it to be water-proof. I'm very happy with the outcome. It set me back a few hours and about $6 in materials.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
User avatar
italiaguy
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Avon Lake, Ohio

Post by italiaguy »

Thanks jmazza. My avatar is a t-shirt design I created. I made one for all the internationals while I waited for mine to come in.
I'll make desktop wallpapers for all the internationals after I re-due the Italia one at a larger size for those that want it.
I agree with you Lostmycage, the grey seat has got to go, and as soon as I can it will be replaced with a dark brown one (with matching grips)
User avatar
dsmith65
Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Franklin, TN

Post by dsmith65 »

thanks
User avatar
jmazza
Moderator
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Broomfield, CO

Post by jmazza »

italiaguy wrote:Thanks jmazza. My avatar is a t-shirt design I created. I made one for all the internationals while I waited for mine to come in.
I'll make desktop wallpapers for all the internationals after I re-due the Italia one at a larger size for those that want it.
I agree with you Lostmycage, the grey seat has got to go, and as soon as I can it will be replaced with a dark brown one (with matching grips)
yes the gray seat is terrible. I haven't swapped mine out yet though.

Are your shirts for sale? I seem to remember the designs now that you mention it...

Very cool stuff!
User avatar
italiaguy
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Avon Lake, Ohio

Post by italiaguy »

Yes, they are for sale jmazza – they are available through CafePress. If you search for Italia Scooter on their site, or something like that, I'm sure they will eventually come up. By the way, if you buy one I'll make enough money to fill up the tank. :wink:
User avatar
italiaguy
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Avon Lake, Ohio

Post by italiaguy »

Love the scooter, however I'm not so keen on the name "Buddy". Not to offend anyone – it's just my personal hangup. So I made these...
Attachments
photo.jpg
photo.jpg (126.52 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
User avatar
Barberry17
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:05 pm
Location: New York, NY
Contact:

Post by Barberry17 »

betsy q. bramble wrote:I was wondering if BrooklynBretta customers were ever going to represent on the board. Welcome!
Just noticed the Brooklyn Bretta comment, haha. The place was a lot of help, just went yesterday and had the first service done by them, I was at 350 miles (in 3 weeks, how much do other people average on their scoots per week I wonder). But the service, which was what, oil change, transmission fluid change, and is that it??? Plus service, was $110! YIKES! Now I need to learn how to change my own fluids.

They told me also that I need not change the fluids until every 2000 miles from this point out, since it has an oil filter. Along with that, they said the Italias that came out then needed a change in the gas cap, since the air intake on it was not the proper size, and thus, the air couldn't get into the gas tank when the gas was being used, and thus made a vacuum inside the tank, thus also slowing down the scoot when the throttle was released while cruising (not sure if he only meant the ones going in my shipment to Brooklyn Bretta, or the ones that came out in that shipment to every retailer, or all the Italias that came out ever to that point...). Did I confused you enough? Haha

Yesterday, while I was driving on my way back home from the shop, I passed an Italia 50 parked at someone's place. Also, passed another Italia 150 while stopping for a walk around the financial district, which was parked right in front of the building I want to move into next year! Should have made fliers to put on people's Italias to get them over to this club!
User avatar
Barberry17
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:05 pm
Location: New York, NY
Contact:

Post by Barberry17 »

italiaguy wrote:Love the scooter, however I'm not so keen on the name "Buddy". Not to offend anyone – it's just my personal hangup. So I made these...
Is AWESOME! Is a decal or sticker? Or plain photo shop? Would be great to have! You going to sell them?
User avatar
italiaguy
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Avon Lake, Ohio

Post by italiaguy »

It is a vinyl silver sticker suitable for vehicles. A local sign shop ran them out for me. I got three for $20 'cause I knew I'd mess one up (which I did). I'm not selling them, but if you want I can email the .eps file to you – just send me a private message with your email address.
User avatar
jmazza
Moderator
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Broomfield, CO

Post by jmazza »

italiaguy wrote:Love the scooter, however I'm not so keen on the name "Buddy". Not to offend anyone – it's just my personal hangup. So I made these...
You're killing me! That looks great!!!
User avatar
sbebenelli
Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:03 pm
Location: Burlington, Iowa

Post by sbebenelli »

My Italia with Givi E30 and cut down windshield. Thinking about having the Givi painted green to match. Undecided at this point. The black does match the rear fender and exhaust......
Attachments
scoot.JPG
scoot.JPG (139.13 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
scoot2.JPG
scoot2.JPG (145.22 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
User avatar
italiaguy
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Avon Lake, Ohio

Post by italiaguy »

jmazza wrote: Cool thanks! Your avatar is great too... If you wanted to make any other desktops I'm sure everyone here would snap them up!

My monitor rez is 1680x1050.

Thanks again!
I've re-created the file so it's now large enough for a desktop graphic.
I'm without a digital camera at the moment and used my phone to take the picture of my scooter so the quality isn't going to be perfect.

If anyone wants it, just send me a message with your email address and I'll send it to you.
Attachments
myitalia1.jpg
myitalia1.jpg (88.31 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
Post Reply