Unveiled at Thousand Oaks ... New Buddy !!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

SDG
Banned

Unveiled at Thousand Oaks ... New Buddy !!

Post by SDG »

Here it is as shown on Sunday.........

[/img]Image

[/img]Image

Great to see all the scooters at the shop Sunday for the party.

Best,
SDG[/img]
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

so whats new? :wtf:
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

MikieTaps wrote:so whats new? :wtf:
They just became a Genuine dealer. This is their first ever Buddy.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Disappointed!
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

illnoise wrote:Disappointed!
I thought the dealer was first in the country to get some new rare color scheme, or maybe even a 2009 200cc buddy/gmax/stella/thing.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

There are 2 ModernBuddy members (myself being one) and a couple ModernVespa members in the second photo. It's like "Where's Waldo?" of scooterists. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

k1dude wrote:
MikieTaps wrote:so whats new? :wtf:
They just became a Genuine dealer. This is their first ever Buddy.
I see... YAY New Dealers! :)
Tazio

Post by Tazio »

I don't see me but I see my Buddy Series Italia. Also all of us Buddy owners there got to uncover Vespato's first Buddy to the admiring public. Great gathering, food, people and rides.
rickko

Post by rickko »

The only change I've seen in the 2009 models so far is on the 125's. They use to come with color matched (same color) floorboard carpet, floorboard, side panels under the seat and front pocket under handlebars. The new models no matter what their basic color, all have those pieces in black.

No longer is the 125 a 1-tone bike.

So, of course as you might imagine the orange Buddy 125 now looks more like a pumpkin.

I suppose the rational behind this color change makes it cheaper for Genuine to stock body parts if all the 125's share the color black for those parts mentioned above.

The bad news is (I'm hypothesizing) if you have an older 125 and damage one of those parts in the near future, you may soon be able to only replace it with a black part! I can't believe PGO is going to stock a lot of old color parts. Heck! It took me over two months to get a current production color. I can't imagine what is going to happen when the 2006-2008 125 colored parts run out.

..rickko..
Ride it like you enjoy it!
MB member #2568
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

rickko wrote:The only change I've seen in the 2009 models so far is on the 125's. They use to come with color matched (same color) floorboard carpet, floorboard, side panels under the seat and front pocket under handlebars. The new models no matter what their basic color, all have those pieces in black.

No longer is the 125 a 1-tone bike.

So, of course as you might imagine the orange Buddy 125 now looks more like a pumpkin.

I suppose the rational behind this color change makes it cheaper for Genuine to stock body parts if all the 125's share the color black for those parts mentioned above.

The bad news is (I'm hypothesizing) if you have an older 125 and damage one of those parts in the near future, you may soon be able to only replace it with a black part! I can't believe PGO is going to stock a lot of old color parts. Heck! It took me over two months to get a current production color. I can't imagine what is going to happen when the 2006-2008 125 colored parts run out.
Um, they actually made this change with the 2008s. I think this only affected owners of pink or sunset orange Buddys because the red and creme already had black interior panels (other colors were new for 2008).

So far, no changes for '09 models have been seen that I know of.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
rickko

Post by rickko »

...Um, they actually made this change with the 2008s.
Oops! Guess that shows you how much I know about '08 model 125's, hehee.... I thought the '08s where uni-color.

..rickko..
Ride it like you enjoy it!
MB member #2568
dorian

Post by dorian »

Did this new Buddy dealer happen to uncrate any Pamplona's?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

dorian wrote:Did this new Buddy dealer happen to uncrate any Pamplona's?
Nope. They currently have 1 Buddy in stock, but are expecting more.
Nash50

Post by Nash50 »

How come new dealers are getting Buddys while there are existing dealers who have not recevied shipments for at least a couple of months? Shouldn't Genuine make sure it supplies customers that have been waiting for a long time and put down deposits, etc, before gearing up with new dealers to dilute the pipeline even further? I've been patient in waiting for my new Buddy for two months now with no firm date for receiving it. But this really hacks me off.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Nash50 wrote:How come new dealers are getting Buddys while there are existing dealers who have not recevied shipments for at least a couple of months? Shouldn't Genuine make sure it supplies customers that have been waiting for a long time and put down deposits, etc, before gearing up with new dealers to dilute the pipeline even further? I've been patient in waiting for my new Buddy for two months now with no firm date for receiving it. But this really hacks me off.
Well.....they only got ONE. I suspect if they pipeline were full, they would've gotten 10 or so. They had to send at least ONE to a brand new dealer. I wouldn't be too pissed. But then again, I have mine so it's easy to say.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Nash50 wrote:How come new dealers are getting Buddys while there are existing dealers who have not recevied shipments for at least a couple of months? Shouldn't Genuine make sure it supplies customers that have been waiting for a long time and put down deposits, etc, before gearing up with new dealers to dilute the pipeline even further? I've been patient in waiting for my new Buddy for two months now with no firm date for receiving it. But this really hacks me off.
This new dealer got ONE Buddy to unveil when they announced they were going to start carrying Genuines.

As far as others, it's my understanding that scooters are being distributed based on orders from dealers, when they were placed, and by volume at the dealership. Existing dealers do get preference here. But the reason dealers are out is, for the most part, not because Genuine didn't supply enough, but because dealers didn't order enough in the right timeframe. As has been said before, no one anticipated the degree of demand this summer, which is why dealers from coast to coast are low on stock. It is not because they got shorted on their orders, however.
SDG
Banned

Post by SDG »

This is a Genuine Scooters press bike, it is not for sale and was never in the retail chain.

We are supposed to get scooters in October.

Hope that helps,
SDG
femsatronic

Post by femsatronic »

I guess when that guy told me he would "never sell that junk" in reference to Genuine he had his toes crossed. I called him out of the blue and told him he should consider the line. I wonder if he will ever call me and tell me I was right. I kinda doubt it.
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

Hee hee. This ain't West Side Story. THis is money time in the scooter world.
Tazio

Post by Tazio »

OK, I do see me now right in the center of the picture. I'm sitting on the low wall facing Eric. My head is under the red hat.

Those T shirts were great also.
teacherquinn

Post by teacherquinn »

Ah, what a great little scooter! I rode my Pamplona to VTO and so many people were curious about it. Definitely a hit.
paint_lick

Post by paint_lick »

That's cool! Another SoCal Genuine dealer. I still haven't spotted another Buddy out here in Redlands.
Portland_Rider
Location: Free Territory of the Pacific Northwest (Kalifornia refugee)

mystery is a new dealer -- well that is good too. congrats.

Post by Portland_Rider »

I was hoping to see a Genuine Buddy XXX 500cc.
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

where is this deale at... i read a thread that there was a new dealer in fort wayne in. id like to find the one in IN. it would be very close to me!!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

justscooten wrote:where is this deale at... i read a thread that there was a new dealer in fort wayne in. id like to find the one in IN. it would be very close to me!!
A bit of a drive—it's in Thousand Oaks, CA
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

ya that would be a bit far from michigan you guys out west get all the good stuff :cry:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I started a Gallery thread with pics from this event here. A ton of pics were taken, so I expect we'll have more added later.
justscooten wrote:ya that would be a bit far from michigan you guys out west get all the good stuff :cry:
We also get to ride 12 months of the year. :twisted: