Just joined

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

missyrider

Just joined

Post by missyrider »

Having owned 3 other motorcycles...I think I've finally gotten what I'll be happy with. Just got the Buddy 2009 and it should be ready in about a week. Can't wait to pick it up! This is a great forum and looking forward to reading and finding some riding friends. :D
Lil Buddy

Post by Lil Buddy »

Welcome!

I hope your dealer didn't just tell you "you'll have it in about a week" just to make the sale. From the looks of others posts here, the wait can be pretty gruelling.
But, the longer you have to wait, the more you will learn here. :wink: Once you do get your Buddy you won't want to stop riding!
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

I don't think the wait's too long now. My local shop has 5-6 Buddys in the shop and a Stella too. The seasons winding down so the supplies catching up.

COngrats on your new Buddy!
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

Welcome to the club. :)

I'm curious though, why a week? Did they not have one in stock or is that how long they said it would take to get a stocked bike ready?
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Welcome to the club! This is a great place to be with lots of really helpful, creative, and decent people. Enjoy your ride!
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
onlyagibson

Welcome!

Post by onlyagibson »

This place is awesome. A ton of great Buddy information and some nice folks as well. Welcome!
missyrider

Post by missyrider »

The only reason for the week wait is due to the accessories ordered. I'm having (or should I say my husband) a top case, windscreen, and rack added. The topcase won't be in until Thursday and I want to pick it up ready to go. I can't wait... especially after seeing all the photos here and actually sitting on the buddy that will be mine. I've had a Honda Rebel, Burgman 400, and Honda Reflex....this time I have found the perfect fit for me as I am only 5 foot tall! Thanks so much for all the welcomes...I'll be looking for riding friends.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Welcome Missy ... from another person that's fairly new to the forum and to scooters in general. I've owned MCs in the past, but this scooter thing is an entirely different experience.

I'm can't say I often wish I was 5 foot tall, like you ... but at times after trying to squeeze my frame onto this Buddy? :D

Rob