scooter scavenger hunt week two- movie madness

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

MarsR wrote:Yeah, that's tempting. But I figure that people can just look at the same one twice.
HEY! You gotta play by the rules! :wink:
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

Howardr wrote:
Becktastic wrote:This post sent from my parents crappy dial up in the middle of nowhere! (dial up?!) Hopefully the pics post, I will edit later for points (I know it's dark, but there are 4 movie posters in view through the window)

Mongol was awesome by the way!
I love mongol, too. Was it playing at the Grand?
yup! We saw it the last day :) I love the Grand! $3 movies can't be beat...except by $2 Tuesdays at the same place :P
Lift heavy eat clean!
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

Howardr wrote:Here's my scooter in front of one the few active Drive-ins left. Unfortunately, they had just turned the lights out on the marquee. It is the DeAnza Drive In, Tucson, AZ. It's kind of dark, but you can make out the movie titles.
edit - oops 4 points. 1 for the scoot, 3 for a drive-in
I'm glad you got the DeAnza Howard! I wanted to drive out there, but just didn't get around to it.
Lift heavy eat clean!
MiguelATF

Re: Scooter Movie scene from "RUN, LOLA, RUN!"

Post by MiguelATF »

sailortot wrote:
MarsR wrote:
sailortot wrote:miguel, you need to decide if you are using this picture as the scene depiction or as the movie theater picture.
Hmmm, not really sure I understand your comment here. His picture looks kind of like mine, i.e., a movie scene in front of a movie theater.
i apologize...i didnt realize you were also using both categories in your photo. two photos would need to be submitted to qualify for both points. i suppose i didnt make that very clear.
Uhhhh.....sailortot....I'm a little mystified by your comment which I don't understand.

I really only submitted ONE MAIN photo - whcih clearly shows my Scooter - with me and Michele acting out a scene from a Scooter movie - IN FRONT of a Movie Theatre. These days BTW Movie theatres look very mundane - and it's the same kind of movie theatre that newslinky, zoomzoom and RaceNut all show in their photos too. And it's clearly a Movie Theatre in the Photo. The 2nd photo which I added - was simply a cool bonus photo which actually shows the glowing neon sign which says 'Cinema' - but it isn't the submission. And - when you said 'recreate a movie scene with you and your scooter' - well, the only 2 submittors who did that are me (RUN LOLA RUN) and MarsR (Roman Holiday). And....you gave him a nice (and well-deserved!) score for his bonus points for the movie recreation...in one photo.

So.....do I get my bonus points or not? Or.....has trying to recreate RunLolaRun....scrambled something in my brain cells?

looking forwards to your King-Solomon-like reply....

Miguel
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

MiguelATF wrote:
sailortot wrote:
MarsR wrote: Hmmm, not really sure I understand your comment here. His picture looks kind of like mine, i.e., a movie scene in front of a movie theater.
i apologize...i didnt realize you were also using both categories in your photo. two photos would need to be submitted to qualify for both points. i suppose i didnt make that very clear.
Uhhhh.....sailortot....I'm a little mystified by your comment which I don't understand.

I really only submitted ONE MAIN photo - whcih clearly shows my Scooter - with me and Michele acting out a scene from a Scooter movie - IN FRONT of a Movie Theatre. These days BTW Movie theatres look very mundane - and it's the same kind of movie theatre that newslinky, zoomzoom and RaceNut all show in their photos too. And it's clearly a Movie Theatre in the Photo. The 2nd photo which I added - was simply a cool bonus photo which actually shows the glowing neon sign which says 'Cinema' - but it isn't the submission. And - when you said 'recreate a movie scene with you and your scooter' - well, the only 2 submittors who did that are me (RUN LOLA RUN) and MarsR (Roman Holiday). And....you gave him a nice (and well-deserved!) score for his bonus points for the movie recreation...in one photo.

So.....do I get my bonus points or not? Or.....has trying to recreate RunLolaRun....scrambled something in my brain cells?

looking forwards to your King-Solomon-like reply....

Miguel
you get one or the other. i just noticed marsr counted one picture for both sets of points and explained it to him, as well. if you re-created a movie scene, i was asking for that as a separate photo (sorry if it wasnt clear). you may count 10 pts for your re-creation OR the theater points.
MiguelATF

Post by MiguelATF »

sailortot wrote:you get one or the other. i just noticed marsr counted one picture for both sets of points and explained it to him, as well. if you re-created a movie scene, i was asking for that as a separate photo (sorry if it wasnt clear).
No, it wasn't clear at all. In fact it seemed suspiciously like you were suggesting that we combine both into one....which after all makes the whole thing more fun and challenging. Plus I think that's what we all did in the Library one last week - those of us who did recreations, anyway - we did recreations which also showed the library, all in one photo. So....
sailortot wrote:you may count 10 pts for your re-creation OR the theater points.
Well....it's either 10 points for the recreation of RUN LOLA RUN....or 6 points for the Scooter plus 5 Movie Posters - so I guess I'll take the recreation. But I still think that since MarsR and I both made the same interpretation of the rules - and we were the only ones who struggled to do Scooter Movie recreations in front of Movie Theatres....then you should generously reinterpret your original intent and credit us for both.

But on the other hand, like they say in that great movie, TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE - 'Badges, badges...we don't need no stinkin' badges!' - I think we can safely say here.... 'Points, points....it ain't about stinkin' points....it's about much more dan Dat!'

Miguel
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

I vote you give Miguel the points. It was confusingly written. He put in the effort. Don't be too serious people, it's a -scooter scavenger hunt- :roll:
Lift heavy eat clean!
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

I read it as all being in one photo. I agree it was poorly written. People are being punished for her gaffe.

I had all the gear and people on hand to recreate the scene from Dark Knight with the Joker and Batman on the motorcycle ... and I was planning on doing it in front of the theater because that is how I interpreted it.

Just my $.02, but I think sailortot needs to pop into the contest more often throughout the week (like ScootLemont used to) to clarify these things as they come up. Look at MarsR: He had his posted Tuesday. Had the ringleader weighed in on it early on, he would have had plenty of time to wander out and get the second photo.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
MiguelATF

Post by MiguelATF »

Orange Guy wrote:I read it as all being in one photo. I agree it was poorly written. People are being punished for her gaffe.
Hey fellow Scooteristas, careful with our language here! No one is really being 'punished'! The truth is, doing all of this is a lot of work! sailortot is putting in many hours to do this - and for that she gets not only my Thanks but major Props and Kudos! You GO tot! And no one's really being 'punished' for anything, we're all playing a Game....and it's a FUN one! So remember that Pleeeeze.
Orange Guy wrote:Look at MarsR: He had his posted Tuesday. Had the ringleader weighed in on it early on, he would have had plenty of time to wander out and get the second photo.
Language language language! sailortot may be our 'ringleader' at times - but in our current Hunts, the tot is also the one who both inspires and challenges us....which makes the tot our Leader! YOU GO, SAILORTOT! Tots Rock! Thank you tot......seriously.

Miguel
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

OK, yeah punished is the wrong word. But hye, if the points mean nothing then you and MarsR should get them. :wink:

Orange Guy, Inc.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Really.....

I know it is hard to word all the rules in a way that everyone will understand - heck... some people make mistakes on the easy rules (not a big deal... just a mistake)

Anyway... as the head of the hunt for these weeks, Sailortot sets the rules & gets to interpret them. I am sure I pissed a few people off over the summer - but its a hard line to walk - you dont want to take points away from people who made a mistake, but at the same time you want to be fair to the people who did follow the rules.
Sailortot is doing a great job

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

Hey, I'm cool with it either way. The points are fun, but I don't lose sleep over them. I'm just in it because it's fun to get the pictures. And I'm glad sailortot is running it this month and not me. :D (And the rest of you should probably be glad of that, too. :wink: )

Now, where did I put that face paint...?
MB#1749 RBC#8

"I have GOT to get me one of THESE!"
--Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith), Independence Day
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

am i sensing a little resentment from orangeguy? :wink:

i apologize for my lack of "checking in." i didnt realize my hunt-leading would come during my managers two week vacation (where my husband and i become responsible for everything day and night). work has taken up a lot of my time because of that and i havent had much time at all to check in. sorry for overlooking the details.

this is a tough job, and im filling a difficult role (scootlemont spent A LOT of time working on this for us, time that i havent had so much of lately). heck, if i dont have the hunt posted by 10am i find my inbox full of messages saying "hurry up."

i thought the addition of the recreation at the bottom of the post, not included with the other items for bonus points, made it clear that it was not in the same category. my mistake.

just for that, you may each keep you total scores with all points.

its a new week, new hunt....lets move on.
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Orange Guy wrote:I read it as all being in one photo. I agree it was poorly written. People are being punished for her gaffe.

I had all the gear and people on hand to recreate the scene from Dark Knight with the Joker and Batman on the motorcycle ... and I was planning on doing it in front of the theater because that is how I interpreted it.

Just my $.02, but I think sailortot needs to pop into the contest more often throughout the week (like ScootLemont used to) to clarify these things as they come up. Look at MarsR: He had his posted Tuesday. Had the ringleader weighed in on it early on, he would have had plenty of time to wander out and get the second photo.
Why didn't you do it that would have been a sweet photo! I had thought about trying to recreate the scene from Return of the Jedi with the ewok stealing the speeder. My dog is a Brussels Griffon and she looks like an ewok! :D
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

newslinky wrote:Why didn't you do it that would have been a sweet photo!
Because whenever my my Joker, my photog and I manage to end up in the same spot at the same time, it's after 11 p.m. and we end up sitting around a fire in the backyard having a few beers. We had the best of intentions.
newslinky wrote:I had thought about trying to recreate the scene from Return of the Jedi with the ewok stealing the speeder. My dog is a Brussels Griffon and she looks like an ewok! :D
That I want to see!
Last edited by Orange Guy on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Orange Guy, Inc.
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

sailortot wrote:am i sensing a little resentment from orangeguy? :wink:
Resentment that I'm not getting to participate, yes. I'm busy again with the magazine, I'm planning two fairly large disc golf tournaments and we're in the early stages of a kitchen remodel. My goof off time is below zero right now. :cry:

Orange Guy, Inc.
pleasefeedthedog

Post by pleasefeedthedog »

Orange Guy wrote: disc golf tournaments
Do the sponsors get a sign over their spot at discnfordogs:

Doug's Heating and Air Hole :)
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

Hmmm ... we might have to rethink that one.

Orange Guy, Inc.