NEW Motorcycle Superstore Deal

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

NEW Motorcycle Superstore Deal

Post by ericalm »

[EDIT: This program has been suspended by Motorcycle Superstore due to new advertising laws pushed through by manufacturers which no longer allow for codes to be distributed in this manner. We're trying to find a workaround, though and hope to have it reinstated in some form soon.]

Get 10% off all purchases at Motorcycle Superstore.

This offer is limited to ModernBuddy members. To get the discount code, PM me and I'll reply within 24 hours, usually much sooner.

The code will expire every couple of months, when I'll get a new one from them.

Response to the original 10% off $100 or more deal was very good.
Last edited by ericalm on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The current code expires today, but I have a new one. If you've gotten a code from me recently but haven't used it, PM me for the new one.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

Check out the deal of the day:

Regularly $39.99, today only $19.99.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

It's $18 with the MB discount. But you have to shell out a pretty steep $7 for shipping. You might be able to combine it with the $2 shipping for orders over $75 if you order a few more things. I don't know if you can combine the two, but it's worth trying.
pinkbuddydude

Post by pinkbuddydude »

ericalm wrote:The current code expires today, but I have a new one. If you've gotten a code from me recently but haven't used it, PM me for the new one.
hi eric,
i'm not sure if i PMed you correctly because the message i sent is in my "outbox", not my "sentbox." could you send me the website code please?
kennelkeeper

Post by kennelkeeper »

While we all like a bargain, and it a free country, let's remember, if we don't support our local dealer they may not be there when you need them! And if they can't get most of your accessory business, they can't survive. My rant for the day.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

DOH! :x

I forgot about this... I just ordered some stuff from motorcycle superstore last night! :oops:
dmerzbac

Post by dmerzbac »

Thanks for the discount code. I saved some decent money on my jacket and gloves.

Dave
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

i just wanted to clarify....

is it 10% off or <i>$10 off</i>?

i just called in an order and they said the code i had only gives $10 off. it wasnt much of a difference for me, but to someone making a larger purchase it might be.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

sailortot wrote:i just wanted to clarify....

is it 10% off or <i>$10 off</i>?

i just called in an order and they said the code i had only gives $10 off. it wasnt much of a difference for me, but to someone making a larger purchase it might be.
The code should give a straight 10% off. The original code was for $10 off. BUT, they've had some trouble updating the code on their site and we've had the same code for several months. There may be some mixup there.

I know a lot of people have ordered online recently and haven't heard of any other problems. If anyone else has trouble with it, PM me and I'll email my contact there.
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

are there new deals everyday?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

gearhead wrote:are there new deals everyday?
Sign up for their email news. The deal for ModernBuddy is straight 10% off anything, but they post sales and clearance items pretty often.
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

i shall look into it :D
DanteG

I wouldn't bother ...

Post by DanteG »

Ericalm was kind enough to provide me with the code, and I went shopping on the MS site. I saw the pricematch guarantee, and made an inquiry re a pair of glasses. They wouldn't match Scooterworks (didn't know who they were), and when a supervisor given the URL, said that they'd match the price only if an appropriate shipping charge was added ( I had planned on adding a few other things to the order, bringing it up over the "free freight with a $75.00 purchase" threshold also listed on their site). I didn't get around to mentioning the discount code, but rather thanked them for their time and rang off.

If they contradict their own written policies prior to the purchase, what will they be like after they have my credit card ? One of the items I had planned on ordering was a helmet ( of a type not available at a local dealer). Helmet sizing based on charts is a risky business ... if this is how they behave prior to order, what king of fresh hell would I see if I attempted a return or exchange ?

Ericalm, thanks for the code, and for making arrangements with a site for a discount ... but I'll not be dealing w/ this one.
when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

HST
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Well, obviously I can't and don't really feel a need to defend them, though I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We've sent a lot of customers to them via the discount code. While it's unfortunate that anyone would have a bad service experience there, I think most others have had a positive experience.
eatworksleepdie

Post by eatworksleepdie »

watching!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BTW, awaiting a new code for April. I'll hopefully have one in the next day or so.
fs8gbe

Post by fs8gbe »

sweet, because they have some pretty good deals on jackets...
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The old code has been extended through May. If you need the code, PM me.

Thanks
onemandan

Post by onemandan »

Great, thanks!
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Does the discount apply on top of sale prices? I need it!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

olhogrider wrote:Does the discount apply on top of sale prices? I need it!
I think so.
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Thanks Eric! You just saved me $14.60 on a set of dirt bike tires and the shipping was free!
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

I just saved a bunch of money! woot! 10% off allready cheap stuff rocks...

I got boots, pants, leg protection, and some oil filters heading my way!
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

wow... my order is waiting for a truck to pick it up allready... 20 minutes, placed order to waiting to be shiped... amazing site.
bmortenson

Motorcycle superstore discount code for April.

Post by bmortenson »

Could I please get the current discount code for the Motorcycle Superstore?

Thank-you

bmortenson
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Motorcycle superstore discount code for April.

Post by ericalm »

bmortenson wrote:Could I please get the current discount code for the Motorcycle Superstore?

Thank-you

bmortenson
Sent to you via Private Message!
Dibber

Post by Dibber »

Please send me a new Discount Code. They got great deals on helmets.
Thanks,
Eric
PS, your doing a terrific job on this site. Keith
Bart "This is the worst day of my life!" Homer "No it's the worst day so far!"
www.twincitiesrider.com
black sunshine

Post by black sunshine »

can you send me the discount code? i pray that it works with the current closeout sale . . .
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

black sunshine wrote:can you send me the discount code? i pray that it works with the current closeout sale . . .
It works. I just used it the other day... damn closeout sale... powerless... to... resist... must... buy... more... arrrrrgh!!!!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
scubaliens

code please

Post by scubaliens »

Hi there :)
Can I please have the code as well?
Thanks,
Sarita
SpunkyFemme

Post by SpunkyFemme »

So... I used the code and was happy that it worked, and they do have some GREAT deals. But, wanted and newbies to know... their customer service leaves something to be desired.

They don't reply to emails in a timely manner AT ALL, and something they said was in stock ended up having to be ordered. Also, I asked them to honor their price match guarantee on a really cool helmet... which they said they would do, only after they added the likely shipping costs from the other dealer... and the Modern Buddy Discount wouldn't apply to my order.

Still think I got a really great deal on the stuff I ordered... but, if you need stuff soon... or think you might need customer service... I would hesitate.
fs8gbe

Post by fs8gbe »

yes! just ordered and on top of all the savings on the merch anyway, i got an additional 24 bucks off with the code. thanks guys!
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

I just tried it but no luck. Is this a one-shot deal or is there a new code? Thanks
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

olhogrider wrote:I just tried it but no luck. Is this a one-shot deal or is there a new code? Thanks
It just turned a new month so you might need an updated code for May. Best check with Eric...

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

olhogrider wrote:I just tried it but no luck. Is this a one-shot deal or is there a new code? Thanks
The code hasn't changed for months and I think several other people have used it in May. This one shouldn't expire until end of May at earliest.
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

ok. I'll try again.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Has anyone used the code the past couple of weeks? If so, can you tell me what date? (Or what date it didn't work for you?) There are a couple reports now of the code not working. I have an email out to MSS but it would help to know if this is widespread.

Thanks!
fs8gbe

Post by fs8gbe »

i used mine april 30th...and it worked.
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Nah, it is just me and a few others. They still don't like me. I probably got too much of a discount the last time.
sparty

Post by sparty »

I was able to use the coupon on May 12th. It only work if I open an account with them. I tried to use Google check out, but then I don't have the option to enter coupon code.
Domino

Post by Domino »

Code Please??
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Well, crap…

Due to changes in advertising laws (somewhere), MSS is no longer able to distribute discount codes like this. They're working on solutions, but for now, this program is suspended, in limbo.

I'm talking to them about some possible solutions.

I'll let everyone know when we have a new discount in place.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I'm about to order my new helmut from Motorcycle Superstore and I was wondering do we still have a discount code goin on right now?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Nope, sorry KB. :(