MODERN BUDDY BUTTONS ARE BACK!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

MODERN BUDDY BUTTONS ARE BACK!

Post by ericalm »

The wait is over! MB Buttons Series 2 Available NOW!
Series 2 includes member submissions! There were a few more which may make it into future series. Also, most of Series 1 is still available! (See following post.)
All proceeds from the sale of Buddy Buttons will go towards supporting the site and making more ModernBuddy stuff!

So here's how this is going to work:
Buttons are $1 each. Get 5 for $4. Get 6 for $5.
Want magnets instead of buttons? Add 25¢ for each magnet.
Then add $1 to each order for S&H
Yes, I know there's been a price hike. These were costing more to make and ship than I originally estimated. Also the old pricing confused a lot of people who sent in incomplete orders or over/underpaid.

Paypal your payment to ericalm@modernbuddy.com.
In the notes include your MB member name, real name, mailing address and the number for each button that you want (see below). If you want a combination of buttons & magnets, please be sure to indicate which should be which. No PayPal? PM me and we'll work something out.

Buttons are hand made at ModernBuddy.com World Headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. No animals are harmed in the making of Modern Buddy buttons. Because these are hand made, it may take us 10-14 days to produce and ship them.

These are 1" buttons, by the way, not those gauche 1.25" monstrosities you see the poseurs wearing.

Last edited by ericalm on Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Series 1 Buttons Now Available (Again)!
Order any except those with a big "X" on them.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
teacherquinn

Post by teacherquinn »

Nice! I'll look them over and get an order to you. Thanks for doing these!!
Linda
Vice President
Vespa Club of America
Scalpel

Post by Scalpel »

I already put my order in, and can't wait to see them!
coffeekittie

Post by coffeekittie »

Yay! You all rock :D I'm getting bunches!
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer

See me and my cool cats at www.justcatshotel.com
www.olygeek.com
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

aww thanks eric :D I feel super special
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

oboyoboyoboyoboy!!!
ModBud #442
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Order sent!
Lisa I

Post by Lisa I »

another order requested great stuff!
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Order sent!

Edit!
Got my buttons and I love them all! Thanks for the bonus buttons too they look great on my bag!
Last edited by newslinky on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
Beamster

Post by Beamster »

I ordered and paid for mine in May and am still waiting for delivery.
Perhaps a word of caution is in order.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Beamster wrote:I ordered and paid for mine in May and am still waiting for delivery.
Perhaps a word of caution is in order.
Beamster,

Sorry about this. As I stated in an email I sent to you, I never received a notice of payment from PayPal. This happened before, but since I had no communication from you about this until today I was totally unaware of the order. Check your email. I am making buttons this week and can either send what you ordered and some extras for your trouble or I will refund your money.

You could have at least tried to contact me and given me a day to respond before opening a PayPal dispute. Really unnecessary.

Eric
Beamster

Post by Beamster »

Got a refund.
Since you didn't recall the order, the dispute was the means to take you back to the transaction and show you that it was legit.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Ordered some new ones, I'm sad to see the "ITALIA" one discontinued, I was gonna replace mine since it was getting rusty from leaving it outside in the rain. Also, is there no white Stella because they're old or something? This kind of aggression towards whities will not stand man.

Anyways, thanks for putting these out!
BigColdMartini

Post by BigColdMartini »

Hey Krusty, where you been?
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

BigColdMartini wrote:Hey Krusty, where you been?
ha, well... ya see...

Really I haven't had time to check online-type stuff since I'm back in school & working at the same time. Fortunately I still ride my Bud e'ryday and we do group rides all the time! I'm trying to squeeze a little MB action in here and there, I didn't even know they continued on the scavenger hunt which I have really been missing... ah, good times.

Surprised to see someone noticed I've been scarce, rock on. :mrgreen:
Scalpel

Post by Scalpel »

Any word on when these are shipping? I order back on the 16th, and haven't seen anything yet. I used to make buttons and know they can take a while to get processed.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Scalpel wrote:Any word on when these are shipping? I order back on the 16th, and haven't seen anything yet. I used to make buttons and know they can take a while to get processed.
They've all either shipped or will be out by the end of the week. Thanks to all for your patience. Everyone who's ordered to date is getting bonus buttons!
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

ericalm wrote:
Scalpel wrote:Any word on when these are shipping? I order back on the 16th, and haven't seen anything yet. I used to make buttons and know they can take a while to get processed.
They've all either shipped or will be out by the end of the week. Thanks to all for your patience. Everyone who's ordered to date is getting bonus buttons!

you are so fun :)
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

ericalm wrote:Everyone who's ordered to date is getting bonus buttons!
Woot.

Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

I hope they get here soon!!! I can't wait to wear my modern buddy pride.
Modern Buddy Member #2753
<a href="http://www.raleighscooter.org/index.html">Raleigh Scooter Organization</a> #45
Official S.P.A.Z. Member
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

Mine arrived today, woot!

And when Eric said we got bonus buttons, he was not kidding. I ordered 6, I got 11 total buttons! Rock!!!

(Sorry the pics crappy, my phones camera sucks and I cant find my good camera)
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

Yippee! My buttons came today -- and I got bonus ones, too. :D

The buttons are great, and I'm putting them on my jacket immediately.

Eric, you rock!
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Mine came today too! ...already on the jacket. Woo!!!!
Modern Buddy Member #2753
<a href="http://www.raleighscooter.org/index.html">Raleigh Scooter Organization</a> #45
Official S.P.A.Z. Member
msdallas2008

Post by msdallas2008 »

Received mine today!!! Thanks so much.

Mark
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

HORRAY!!!! Its about time USPS did something that didn't make me want to punch them in the face! I got my Buddy buttons today. Fantastic assortment this time by the way. Thanks for the bonus ones, now I can share (maybe, if I feel like it).

I really wish I had more time lately to hang around MB, I've been reading some of the threads from time to time, but haven't got a chance to add anything. I'm still a rockin' and a ridin', so if any P'cola peeps see me on the skreet, gimme a beep!

Thanks again, Eric for making these for everyone... or should I say, tell you under-paid Malasian sweatshop workers they're doing a great job! :wink:
firecat

Buddy buttons

Post by firecat »

Hey there!

I just found out about your forum yesterday, and was really happy to hear that there was an actual forum just for Buddy owners. I've had my Buddy 150 Pamplona since October, and it's just right for me. I'm going to be ordering a bunch of buttons from you, and am really excited!

Susan Korosy
pinkbuddydude

Post by pinkbuddydude »

I just got the buttons in the mail. The poor little manilla package was all beat up with a big rip in it, and therefore it came sealed in a USPS clear enclosure envelope. I was worried that some of the buttons had fallen out, but once I opened it I found that in fact some extra buttons had snuck in! There were 8, when I had only ordered 4! Thanks Eric
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

pinkbuddydude wrote:I just got the buttons in the mail. The poor little manilla package was all beat up with a big rip in it, and therefore it came sealed in a USPS clear enclosure envelope. I was worried that some of the buttons had fallen out, but once I opened it I found that in fact some extra buttons had snuck in! There were 8, when I had only ordered 4! Thanks Eric
Yikes! Sorry to hear that they mangled the package. Glad you got all your buttons.
oryx

Post by oryx »

any plans for blackjack specific pins?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

oryx wrote:any plans for blackjack specific pins?
Eventually, yes. I'm having a hard time finding time to press new pins so don't want to do any new ones until I know I'll be able to handle production.

Watch this space!