Colorado Springs Toy Run

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pesqueeb

Colorado Springs Toy Run

Post by pesqueeb »

Got a postcard from Sportique Scooters the other day:

"Sportique and Christmas Unlimited have teamed up to bring you our first ever scooter only toy run. Bring an unwrapped toy to Sportique Scooters on Saturday, December 2nd an 12 noon. Toys will be distributed to local children who would normally have to do without. The ride will leave at 1pm. TELL YOUR FRIENDS!! - all scooters welcome and ONLY SCOOTERS WELCOME!!. We will not allow any motorcycles, cars, sleighs or buggies on this ride. THe ride will return to sportique for refreshments and some great giveaways. So come on down and remeber, this is a winter ride, so dress accordingl.

*in class of inclement weather the ride will be held on Dec 9th - call for sportique for information"

The wife and I are gonna go, any other takers out there?
Take off the tin foil hat and let the voices drive for a minute. It'll be fine.
dorothyblue

Post by dorothyblue »

I'm so bummed -- I'll be out of town. And I missed your last ride when I was out of town. And I'll be out of town again on December 9th, so I'll miss it even if it's postponed (the forecast for Saturday is snow). :(

Dress warm -- I'll be wishing I was riding with you all!
RisingSunset

Post by RisingSunset »

I spoke to Mike yesterday- it's postponed until next Saturday.
RisingSunset

Post by RisingSunset »

We participated in this yesterday and it was so fun! About 25 people showed up at Sportique. We all rode through Garden of the Gods to Patsy's Candies on 21st St and then back to Sportique. We checked out each others' scoots and chatted and the folks at Sportique gave away some nice prizes. We collected names and emails of people who are interested in getting together for rides. 11 people signed up! I think that's a great start. :)