Scavenger Hunt: C'mon People!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

MarsR

Scavenger Hunt: C'mon People!

Post by MarsR »

Where did everyone go this week? We only have a couple of posts for points and only a couple of days left this week. Remember, this week's hunt ends Saturday night at midnight, local time. We should be able to get some nice pics for "Movie Madness." Yeah, the weather's been a little rough in some places and school is back in session, and work is hard and all that. Yeah, I know the feeling, but really....c'mon people! :D
MB#1749 RBC#8

"I have GOT to get me one of THESE!"
--Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith), Independence Day
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Haven't had the chance to go snag it yet!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

Two words - AT WORK :D

Only time we have time to do anything like this is the weekend. We will do it.
bunny

Post by bunny »

The last time we saw a movie AT THE THEATRE was the dollar showing of Golden Compass...that's how often we go to the theatre...before that was some random piece of crap at the Movie Tavern.

I could have done the Library one except for the rains...I'm keeping my eye open for opportunities, just cna't pull this one off.
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

bunny wrote:The last time we saw a movie AT THE THEATRE was the dollar showing of Golden Compass...that's how often we go to the theatre...before that was some random piece of crap at the Movie Tavern.

I could have done the Library one except for the rains...I'm keeping my eye open for opportunities, just cna't pull this one off.
You don't actually have to see a movie! :)

( I confess, I did look at what's opening this week and go, "ehhh." I may hit a theater tomorrow.)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

ericalm wrote:I confess, I did look at what's opening this week and go, "ehhh."
Yeah, I've felt that way a lot recently. :roll:
MB#1749 RBC#8

"I have GOT to get me one of THESE!"
--Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith), Independence Day
Scooter Hoot

Post by Scooter Hoot »

Last week, I was totally geared up to get my library photo on Friday. Then my good friend (Hurricane) Ike showed up. This week with a good half of the city at least still without power I don't really feel safe driving unfamiliar roads in my poor city. Maybe next week when more of the street lights are up and running.
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

I am going to try and get my shot for this week at a theater called Tinseltown near whwere I work tonight. Maybe Bunny we can meet up there and get a few extra points by posing in each others pics.
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
bunny

Post by bunny »

newslinky wrote:I am going to try and get my shot for this week at a theater called Tinseltown near whwere I work tonight. Maybe Bunny we can meet up there and get a few extra points by posing in each others pics.
No can do, my friend...we're going to see Andy Bell of Erasure tonight. Tomorrow maybe?
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Ah well I wouldn't have been able to amke it anyway wither. I will just get a pic this morning for a few points.
brape

Post by brape »

Sorry folks I need a break after the last one. I also just started classes again and am starting a new job on monday.
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Hey, i got the only drive-in. How about a bonus point or two? :lol:

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

Howardr wrote:Hey, i got the only drive-in. How about a bonus point or two? :lol:

Howard
Yeah, but I dragooned a bunch of total strangers to stand there with popcorn boxes in their hands!
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Show offs. :P I ended up taking my pic at a theater at 6:30am because the other times I wanted to take it(like when peole would actually be there and maybe I could shanghai a few to get more points) ended up not being possible. Wonder what the hunt will be this week.