NEW KEYTAG DESIGN...What y'all think?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

vnice

NEW KEYTAG DESIGN...What y'all think?

Post by vnice »

Tattoo style.

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Maybe you should be doing tattoos!

Nice job.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Yes very nice looking!
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
vnice

Post by vnice »

Yeah, well I'm a teacher, so...tattooing won't happen most likely.

Anyway, this was my first in this motif. If anyone would like a keytag like this, PM me.
dubbyd

Post by dubbyd »

Maybe one with a buddy on it. Blur? Just a thought.
verdecalavera

Post by verdecalavera »

very nice work. you have other eye-candy on the web?
vnice

Post by vnice »

I can do one with a buddy. I prefer to do more classic looking scooters, though so I would only do a Blur as a custom thing. If I get enough people wanting a buddy design, I'll make a template for that. A buddy has a pretty distinctive front end, so a buddy version of this particular keytag would look pretty neat.

As for other stuff on the web, more will appear soon.
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Let's see a buddy. I would be interested in purchasing one. I'm liking that tatoo style.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
vnice

Post by vnice »

Well, that will another few days...I have a lot on my plate today and tomorrow. The buddy would look just like that pseudo vespa design above, except it would be a buddy front end. Also, I worked out some waves that look a tad nice...a bit more fluid.

If anyone is interested in buying one, PM me. I can do it so the scoot is whatever color you want, although I recomend red or Purple, as they seem to go best with the blue waves. That said, any color looks pretty boss with straight black and grey waves.
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

vnice wrote:Yeah, well I'm a teacher, so...tattooing won't happen most likely.

Anyway, this was my first in this motif. If anyone would like a keytag like this, PM me.
Hey, I'm a teacher . . . and I have a tattoo! It's a small, tasteful, discrete apple. Just above my right ankle. I got it as a gift to myself for my 47th birthday.

However, if it were a large fancy tat, I'm sure my principal would have something to say about it! :wink:
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

OKBubbles wrote: However, if it were a large fancy tat, I'm sure my principal would have something to say about it! :wink:
You mean like "Cool tat! Where'd you get it?" I read that 40% of Americans now have tats. Used to be you got a tattoo to be different, now you get one to be the same. My daughter applied at StarBux. They said "no piercings, no tats". To pour coffee??!!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

olhogrider wrote:
OKBubbles wrote: However, if it were a large fancy tat, I'm sure my principal would have something to say about it! :wink:
You mean like "Cool tat! Where'd you get it?" I read that 40% of Americans now have tats. Used to be you got a tattoo to be different, now you get one to be the same. My daughter applied at StarBux. They said "no piercings, no tats". To pour coffee??!!
I had a friend who taught high school math who had tattoos all over his shoulders, back and anywhere not visible if he was wearing a short sleeved button-down.

He also got busted by a student who saw him ralphing in the parking lot outside a club one night. Heh. Somehow, he got voted Teacher of the Year!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
vnice

Post by vnice »

Well, first off...people, please don't call them "tats" or "ink". They are tattoos. It's an art form.

Sorry, I get all defensive about it.

Anyway, I have full sleeves, plus my chest and back are in progress. My principal is ok with them showing, but I still choose to wear long sleeves every day anyway. *shrug*
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust

Post by ScooterDave »

I only have 9 tats. 2 on my chest 2 on my left arm, one on my right, 3 on my back and 1 in my mouth.

I got my last piece of ink about 15 years ago before every 21 year old girl got a tramp stamp and every 21 year old guy got something on their shoulder or ankle.
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Tats, ink, what's the big deal? I got one each time I fathered a kid(3). The last one is about to turn 14.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

olhogrider wrote:Tats, ink, what's the big deal? I got one each time I fathered a kid(3). The last one is about to turn 14.
I agree it's an art form, but don't really understand the objection to these terms. I know plenty of people who sport them who'd use them. Is this one of those, "Well, a real aficionado would never call them that" sort of thing? Like calling a scooter a moped?
vnice

Post by vnice »

No. I guess I'm just friends with a lot of tattooers, and they all hate those kinds of terms. Got ingrained in me, I suppose.

Also, I really don't think it means very much *when* you got your tattoos. Sure, a lot of people have them for the wrong reasons, or for no reason...but having tattoos "before" other people doesn't make them more valid or something. I dunno, that's just me.
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust

Post by ScooterDave »

Yeah well ya know I ride with several tattoo artists and one is a Vulcan and they refer to tattoos as "ink" or "tats". No big deal I suppose. Just never heard anyone get offended by those terms.

Then again, the only reason I got my ink is because it gets me the chicks & it makes me look like a tough guy.
vnice

Post by vnice »

Well, at least you're honest. Hehe. J/K.