scooter scavenger hunt week three- football fever

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sailortot

Post by sailortot »

sept 21-27
this hunt ends midnight your time on saturday.

3 pts your scooter and a football field/stadium of any type

1 pt if you are wearing the team's colors -OR-
2 pts if you are wearing a hat or shirt with the team's name (a jersey will count, also).
2 pts if you are holding merchandise from that team. a pennant, bobblehead, etc.
5 pts if the game is being played at the time the picture is taken (and you can tell in the photo). this includes high school, college, NFL, arena football, etc.
10 pts if you have: A. cheerleaders -OR- B. fans with body paint -OR- C. a marching band posing with your scooter. NOT walking by or in the background. POSING.

edited to include marching band in the bonus points

happy hunting!
Last edited by sailortot on Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Bummer, will have to wait until Friday or Saturday to get a photo. That's about the only time games are played.
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
Syd

Re: scooter scavenger hunt week three- football fever

Post by Syd »

sailortot wrote:scooter scavenger hunt week three- football fever
sept 21-27
this hunt ends midnight your time on saturday.

1 pt if you are wearing the team's colors -OR-
2 pts if you are wearing a hat or shirt with the team's name (a jersey will count, also).
2 pts if you are holding merchandise from that team. a pennant, bobblehead, etc.
5 pts if the game is being played at the time the picture is taken (and you can tell in the photo). this includes high school, college, NFL, arena football, etc.
10 pts if you have: A. cheerleaders -OR- B. fans with body paint posing with your scooter. NOT walking by or in the background. POSING.

happy hunting!
==========================================
Is it:
1 point for team colors (or 2 points for hat/shirt/etc)

Plus points for any or all of the following -
2 for Merch,
5 for the game,
10 for Cheerleaders, for a maximum of 19 bonus points?

==========================================
Or is it:
1 point for team colors

Or points for any one of the following -
2 points for hat/shirt/etc
2 for Merch,
5 for the game
10 for Cheerleaders, for a maximum of 10 bonus points?

I don't mean to be intentionally dense. I just can't help it :lol:
The majority is always sane - Nessus
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

1 pt for colors or 2 pts for hat or shirt

plus the others
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

Bummer.. last week was home games.. this week is away games.

Does football practice count as playing?
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

Dang, I'm gone Friday night and Satruday. Guess I'll have to get something without the game.
MB#1749 RBC#8

"I have GOT to get me one of THESE!"
--Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith), Independence Day
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Hm, USC or UCLA? Who plays in the Rose Bowl on Saturdays? As you can tell, I don't follow this stuff.
Does it make sense to extend this one to end of next Sunday because that's when pro teams play?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Syd

Post by Syd »

sailortot wrote:1 pt for colors or 2 pts for hat or shirt

plus the others
Thanks.
Scooter Hoot

Post by Scooter Hoot »

sailortot wrote: 10 pts if you have: A. cheerleaders -OR- B. fans with body paint posing with your scooter. NOT walking by or in the background. POSING.
May I humbly request that a marching band qualify for these points? I could totally get a marching band!
WoBoScoot

Post by WoBoScoot »

I'm going to be out of town for the rest of the week so this is the best I can do.

I don't have any paraphernalia to go with it so just 3 points for me.
Attachments
UofR.jpg
UofR.jpg (129.74 KiB) Viewed 3159 times
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

ericalm wrote:Hm, USC or UCLA? Who plays in the Rose Bowl on Saturdays? As you can tell, I don't follow this stuff.
Does it make sense to extend this one to end of next Sunday because that's when pro teams play?
didnt some teams play yesterday? i know it was short notice and all...

eh....i think the deadline should stay the same. afterall, a new hunt must begin next sunday.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

sailortot wrote:
ericalm wrote:Hm, USC or UCLA? Who plays in the Rose Bowl on Saturdays? As you can tell, I don't follow this stuff.
didnt some teams play yesterday? i know it was short notice and all...

eh....i think the deadline should stay the same. afterall, a new hunt must begin next sunday.
That's cool. I may have to find a HS game Friday night. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

nice picture woboscoot! its great to have a roughhouse in the game.
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

Scooter Hoot wrote:
sailortot wrote: 10 pts if you have: A. cheerleaders -OR- B. fans with body paint posing with your scooter. NOT walking by or in the background. POSING.
May I humbly request that a marching band qualify for these points? I could totally get a marching band!
great idea!

a marching band will also add 10 pts to your total
MiguelATF

Ashland High School Football Team with Scooter!

Post by MiguelATF »

Well, I have a weird week ahead of me and have to make a trip out of town so I had to snap a quick picture here on the fly as the say.....which didn't leave much time for creativity....

But here it is.

My Scooter in front of the Walter A Phillips Memorial Football Field in Ashland, Oregon....home of the Ashland High School Grizzlies.....3 Pts!

Then....yes, I am wearing the Team Colors - Red, white and black - and I'm wearing not one but two pieces of Ashland Grizzly clothing, an AHS Sweatshirt (Go Grizzlies!) and an AHS/Ashland Hat - so that's another 2 Pts for the Team Name...

And, yes, as you can clearly see, I'm holding Team Merchandise - this particular piece of Merchandise is a special (and I think discontinued) AHS Grizzlies Winter Ski Hat - complete with Grizzly PAWZ on one side (these are rapidly becoming hard-to-get collector items for true Grizzly Fans) - which is an additional 2 Pts

And unfortunately the Fans I had lined up for the picture - who were willing to paint themselves Red & White with huge A - for Ashland on their faces - couldn't make the photo shoot cause they had a rehearsal for their rock band....

Which means a grand total of 7 Pts.

And as an extra special visual bonus - you can see a bunch of the AHS Grizzly Varsity Players actually scrimmaging on the field right behind me! Although, technically, this was a scrimmage and not a real bona fide game so I don't get any points....but the best part was the languag &^#(^$(# the Coaches were using to exhort their players to greater performances on the gridiron.

So....GO Grizzlies!
Attachments
AHSFootballScooter.jpg
AHSFootballScooter.jpg (77.15 KiB) Viewed 3090 times
MiguelATF

Bonus additional Football Fever Pix from Ashland Oregon

Post by MiguelATF »

Though these are not official Scavenger Hunt Photo Entries, I am still including these bonus pictures because they combine Scooters....and Football....in rather cool ways. So...here they are.
Attachments
The AHS Grizzlies Scrimmage....framed by the vigilant contours of a Scooter Seat
The AHS Grizzlies Scrimmage....framed by the vigilant contours of a Scooter Seat
ScooterFootballBonus1.jpg (59.87 KiB) Viewed 3084 times
And finally just the Football players themselves...with a Grizzly Message about....what Football is all about here in a small town in Oregon
And finally just the Football players themselves...with a Grizzly Message about....what Football is all about here in a small town in Oregon
WhatItsAllAbout.jpg (58.76 KiB) Viewed 3081 times
Another view of the Grizz varsity players - offset by a Scooter Headset Silhouette
Another view of the Grizz varsity players - offset by a Scooter Headset Silhouette
ScooterFootballBonus2.jpg (52.36 KiB) Viewed 3081 times
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Nice pis MiguelATF!
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
bunny

Post by bunny »

So here's my question:

I used to be a cheerleader for the WOMEN's professional football team out here, the Dallas Diamonds. I have all their gear. Thing is, their season plays in the early spring. AND, they don't have their own stadium, they play at a HS field nearby. Can I submit a photo of me in my gear (if it still fits) in front of their stadium with the website to show their previous schedule?
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

sailortot

Post by sailortot »

bunny wrote:So here's my question:

I used to be a cheerleader for the WOMEN's professional football team out here, the Dallas Diamonds. I have all their gear. Thing is, their season plays in the early spring. AND, they don't have their own stadium, they play at a HS field nearby. Can I submit a photo of me in my gear (if it still fits) in front of their stadium with the website to show their previous schedule?
you can submit the photo (because we would all love to see the picture), but im looking for the teams current cheerleaders. more than one cheerleader, also. the whole reason it adds 10 pts is because it is more difficult to get a group to pose with your scooter. especially a specific group (so if the others you cheered with want to dress up and jump in for a photo, i would accept that).

but please submit it anyway. the more photos, the better.

also... if some guys want to dress up in cheerleader costumes and stand next to your scooter, i will honor that because it would be ridiculous.
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

3 pts - your scooter and a football stadium
2 pts - you are wearing a hat or shirt with the team's name (a jersey will count, also). Well, it's a sweater. It better count.
2 pts - you are holding merchandise from that team (stadium chair)

Total = 7 pts

MB#1749 RBC#8

"I have GOT to get me one of THESE!"
--Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith), Independence Day
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

great photo, marsR!
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

sailortot wrote:
bunny wrote:So here's my question:

you can submit the photo (because we would all love to see the picture), but im looking for the teams current cheerleaders. more than one cheerleader, also. the whole reason it adds 10 pts is because it is more difficult to get a group to pose with your scooter. especially a specific group (so if the others you cheered with want to dress up and jump in for a photo, i would accept that).

but please submit it anyway. the more photos, the better.

also... if some guys want to dress up in cheerleader costumes and stand next to your scooter, i will honor that because it would be ridiculous.
It should still give you the team hat/shirt points. You should do it!
Lift heavy eat clean!
Becktastic

Re: Ashland High School Football Team with Scooter!

Post by Becktastic »

MiguelATF wrote:My Scooter in front of the Walter A Phillips Memorial Football Field in Ashland, Oregon....home of the Ashland High School Grizzlies.....3 Pts!

Then....yes, I am wearing the Team Colors - Red, white and black - and I'm wearing not one but two pieces of Ashland Grizzly clothing, an AHS Sweatshirt (Go Grizzlies!) and an AHS/Ashland Hat - so that's another 2 Pts for the Team Name...

And, yes, as you can clearly see, I'm holding Team Merchandise - this particular piece of Merchandise is a special (and I think discontinued) AHS Grizzlies Winter Ski Hat - complete with Grizzly PAWZ on one side (these are rapidly becoming hard-to-get collector items for true Grizzly Fans) - which is an additional 2 Pts

And unfortunately the Fans I had lined up for the picture - who were willing to paint themselves Red & White with huge A - for Ashland on their faces - couldn't make the photo shoot cause they had a rehearsal for their rock band....

Which means a grand total of 7 Pts!
Why are you shorting yourself on points?
2 pts if you are wearing a hat or shirt with the team's name

= 12 points, no?

Even if it's just practice, there are players out on the field. Did sailortot say anywhere if practice didn't count? I think it should at least be more points than an empty stadium...
Lift heavy eat clean!
sailortot

Re: Ashland High School Football Team with Scooter!

Post by sailortot »

Becktastic wrote: 5 pts if the game is being played at the time the picture is taken (and you can tell in the photo). this includes high school, college, NFL, arena football, etc.

= 12 points, no?

Even if it's just practice, there are players out on the field. Did sailortot say anywhere if practice didn't count? I think it should at least be more points than an empty stadium...
its gotta be a game....2 teams on the field. crowd watching. people cheering.

sorry guys, practice doesnt count.
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

We had baseball early in the scavenger hunt, and I've been waiting all summer for football season.

This is me and a few of my students at the game last night. You kind of have to look closely to see the players -- our team is in purple, and the visitors are in yellow. I know it's also tough to make out my scooter, but EVERYBODY wanted in the picture! :D

3 pts - me and my scooter at the Carver vs. Foster game 9/25/08 (we won, 42-12)
2 pts - I'm wearing a jersey, but the school name is printed on the back! If the jersey doesn't count, I'll take 1 pt for team colors.
2 pts - I'm holding a mascot "fan", and a shaker. Yes, it's "merchandise", as supporters have to buy the stuff.
5 pts - the game is being played behind us
10 pts - cheerleaders!

(Any extra points available for the mascot??)

Total 22 (or 21 if the jersey doesn't work)
Syd

Post by Syd »

OKBubbles wrote:...Total 22...
:clap::clap:
Syd

Post by Syd »

EPIC FAIL!

There's a JC a couple miles from me, and I could ride onto the field if I wanted to. But I wanted game points.

So I spent all week looking into what schools had games where and how far they were from me. I didn't want to go to a High School game, ('cause I'd feel like that creepy guy with the scooter, taking pictures), but the JC nearby had a game only halfway across the metro area. So I ride over there only to discover that I had the day wrong! What an idiot!.

But since I was there, I played the crappy guy with the scooter taking creepy pictures of Brophy Prep's Homecoming game vs Mesa Mtn View at Phoenix College Stadium. Eight points, I think.
3 pts your scooter and a football field
5 pts if the game is being played

Maybe I'll go ride onto the field at the JC nearby.
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

3 pts your scooter and a football field (Aptos High School) Trevin Dilfer Memorial Stadium
2 pts if you are wearing a hat or shirt with the team's name (Aptos Mariners)
2 pts if you are holding merchandise from that team (mini-football)
5 pts if the game is being played at the time the picture is taken (half-time)
10 pts if you have Cheerleaders (Freshman Squad, our daughter is the strawberry blonde on my scoot driving)

22 pts total - Thanks to the Freshman game being rescheduled to a home game....GO MARINERS !!
Attachments
IMG_0037.JPG
IMG_0037.JPG (182.03 KiB) Viewed 2891 times
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

3 points scooter at football stadium
5 points if it's during a game - Aptos vs. Pacific Grove
2 points for mini team football
10 points for the cheerleaders. Even though most of them left as soon as I took the pic for zoomzoom there

20 points total.

Silly that 10 minutes later I bought a team tshirt, but the cheerleaders were back to work by then and not avalable... -2 point :(
Attachments
IMG_0040.JPG
IMG_0040.JPG (177.83 KiB) Viewed 2885 times
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

here is the new hunt!

topic8479.html