Gas Leak??

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Chino

Gas Leak??

Post by Chino »

I have a gas leak on my Buddy 150...It looks like its coming from the fuel filter...It happened twice..The first time I thought it was over flow..But now it has leaked without a fill-up.Could this be a bad gas cap?..etc...
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

What side is it coming from? It's normal for gas to leak a few drops during break in. Adding less gas when filling up also helps, but it can still happen with a low tank. Is it coming from right or left?
broke

Post by broke »

Also, if you've ever overfilled and sloshed gas into the charcoal canister emissions gizmo it will drain (right over your exhaust pipe according to what I've read).
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

You'll notice a hose that comes out of the side of the top of the fuel tank. It ends in a charcol filter. It WILL leak and drip on the exhaust pipe. This is also part of the dreaded vapor lock that you'll read about in a number of posts here. That tube was actually disconnected by my dealer as part of what they called "the upgrade." So, no more leaks and no more vapor-lock.
Good luck with your Buddy. It is a great little ride!

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
Chino

Post by Chino »

The leak is on the right side...coming out of a hole..looks like its meant to...but it does leak on the exhaust pipe as mentioned..
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

That isnt a leak, it's just a sign, you're overfilling your gas tank.