My new job!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

olhogrider

My new job!

Post by olhogrider »

Ok, it's just part time and I'm doing it mostly for the fun of it. A local outdoor advertising company posted online looking for scooter riders. I contacted them but it had been months with no word. I had almost forgotten about it, then I got the email. They want me to start next week! Getting paid to ride a scooter while towing some advertising trailer! I'll post what it is like after my first day.

Dan
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

CONGRATS! that awesome! :D
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Cool. Is this through Scootermedia or another company? The Scootermedia trailers are actually pretty cool and might be useful if adapted to carry something. I've always wondered what they do with old ones or broken ones.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

It is another company, local to the Bay Area. I'll ask what they do with them. I wonder if they buy the trailers, or build them.
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Wow sweet sounding job! Congrats and hope it is as fun as it sounds.
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Day one, orientation and a test ride. Generic Lifan Chinese 150 towing a trailer. Mushy worthless brakes, nice folks. The real thing starts Saturday.
teacherquinn

Post by teacherquinn »

That's pretty cool! I've always wanted to have a job, riding my scooter. Could life be any better?
Linda
Vice President
Vespa Club of America
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

Let me know if they expand to the Tucson area and need some new employees...

Congrats though! That is super cool :)
Lift heavy eat clean!
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Day one! I showed up. We unloaded the scooters and trailers from the trailer that they get hauled in. Three scooters towing advertising banners all around town. We were advertising for a home builder who is having a sale. We looked at the homes. Very nice stuff.

Riding with a trailer is like carrying a 300 pound passenger. The engine struggles and the brakes feel weak. It took some reminding myself of how wide this combo is. When parked we "jackknife" the trailers to make them more visible to traffic.

Near the end of the day, one of the trailers died. The boss is going to investigate his warranty, but Chinese scooters are not known for their customer support. I would say that they should have been Buddies, but that is what the company started with. Seems the single sided swingarm had trailer towing issues so they traded for the Lifans. :roll: