My Boy Red... He Looks Glorious...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

squash1978

My Boy Red... He Looks Glorious...

Post by squash1978 »

I picked up my Buddy (Big Red) in Cleveland last Saturday and thought I'd post some pics. I have no garage so I have to park him in the driveway (it keeps the garbage cans company). In both pics you can see the Kryptonite Stronghold anchor I installed--it's near the fence. That thing was a beast to install, it took me an hour and a half! However, it was well worth it.

By the time I got Red home on Saturday it started to rain (of course) and I had to run errands most of the day on Sunday. By the time I finished installing the anchor I only had enough time to take my Buddy for a short spin but oh was it sweet. I took a picture of my odometer with a little over 5 miles on it :P

I'm just so psyched to be able to ride into work and not take the bus anymore! Pittsburgh's public transit system is not that great. As an added bonus, I'm able to park my scoot in a garage at work, which is nice since I store it outside at home. Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that I'm enjoying the scooter life!

peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

welcome! I love Pittsburgh. We were last in town for a Cubs game, and could not believe we did not see ONE scooter our entire trip, and believe me I looked. What is up with that? The weather was great so it is not like no one would have been riding.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Congrats on the purchase! Just a tip, since you do not have a garage and park outside all the time, I'd get a cover to hide it, people passing by will think it's a grill because of the cover and ignore it. Neighbors...they wouldnt bother stealing the bike, because you'd notice right away they'd have it.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

you can actually use a bbq grill cover too
squash1978

Post by squash1978 »

peabody99 wrote:welcome! I love Pittsburgh. We were last in town for a Cubs game, and could not believe we did not see ONE scooter our entire trip, and believe me I looked. What is up with that? The weather was great so it is not like no one would have been riding.
Three of my co-workers have scooters too and another friend of mine also has one. Downtown is not very conducive to scooter riding but the areas around the universities are--I've seen a couple there. You're right though, not many scooters around from what I've seen.
gvslim

Post by gvslim »

Excellent choice! Looks just like mine except "Big Red" has the crome rack
Lil Buddy

Post by Lil Buddy »

Thats one shiny scoot.....nice!
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Very nice! Grats and welcome to the club as it were.
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

Looks great! Yay for PA ;)

There are now two more dealers in PA ones in Pits and one in State College!
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Lookin' good!