Great Southwest Scooter Fiesta

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Howardr

Great Southwest Scooter Fiesta

Post by Howardr »

Well, there were 3 of us who rode up to the rally (John, Lori and I) and 4 more Sky Island Riders trailered up and met us there. Seven scoots was a pretty good showing, I think. The ride up was uneventful and we arrived at the hotel about an hour before we needed to be at the first ride.
View from the hotel at 3 of our scooters.
The first meetup was at Vespa of Chandler. The first folks who arrived were 5 Tucson riders, Carl (who rode in from Las Cruces, NM and 2 or 3 scoots who rode in from Fresno, CA (by way of Lordsburg, NM and Tombstone, AZ.) I think 12-15 of us made the ride from there to Joe's BBQ. The food was good. I think 30-35 scooters eventually arrived. Great fun.

Our hotel was in Gilbert. Saturday morning, we got up early and rode to Scottsdale for the big ride to the main rally site. When we arrived, the Ducati racing team was there doing a stunt show. Another 25+ bikes made the hour ride back to Gilbert to Joe's Farm Grill. (Yes, its the same Joe who owns the BBQ.) The venue was perfect. I estimate that about 70 bikes were there at some time or another.
Ducati Stunt Team
Yamaha Morphus - Weird looking scoot.

These next 5 pics are scanning from left to right at all the scooters parked at Joe's.

Saturday after noon, we rode out to Saguaro Lake. It's very pretty. The ride was nice and John saved the day for another scooterist who broke down, because he had a spare clutch cable on board. He wound up missing the lake and met us for dinner and the Chino Bandito. Strange restaurant, but I enjoyed it a lot. Mexican-Chinese combo, what's not to like?
Four Buddies at the lake
Looking over the marina, toward the damn
Machaca in a quesadilla, jerk chicken and jerk fried rice

We put 400 miles on our scoots in 3 days and had a great time.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

glad you post this stuff. looks like a lot of fun. i sit and complain about not having a lot of this kind of thing in my area but maybe I'm the problem not "them". next year i hope to have some photos like this to share. well done.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
Syd

Post by Syd »

Nice pics, Howardr. It was good to meet you in person.

I got to Joe's Farm Grill about noon on Saturday, and there were lots more scoots there than your pics show. The only parking spot I could find when I arrived was at the far end of the lot past the band. I'd guess 100-150+ during the time I was there.

Chino Bandito is great, ain't it?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Glen G

Cool!

Post by Glen G »

Howard, u are da man!!

Thanks for posting

A few more here http://www.meetup.com/Phoenix-Scooter-C ... os/741511/

We voted last night and sounds like we're gonna do it again next October...

Next time I'm finding other people to run it...sooo much work but lots of fun!

Glen G., President
Scooter Club of Metro Phoenix

ImageImage
Carlos from Reno 911 made the mistake of playing with my Guard Cat "ANDY".... Andy won.. he's a Jersey Cat LOL!

Also adopted out 14 pets that day!!! Yea, that was the best prize!