I can finally be seen at night... on THE BAT SCOOTER!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lcstatema

I can finally be seen at night... on THE BAT SCOOTER!

Post by lcstatema »

So I ordered some black reflective tape ( http://www.bikerhiway.com/motorcycle-re ... -p-79.html ) and did some tracing and x-acto knife cutting (took some time, but worth it) and now I have the Bat Scooter!

During the day, it is the mild-mannered Buddy Wayne, graciously toting me to and from work.

But at night, it becomes the Bat Scooter, thwarting neer-do-well cagers-on-cell-phones (soon to be equipped with a Stebel).

I also ordered a reflective military PT belt ( http://www.reflect-a-life.com/products.asp?cat=12 Second one down, the Lime-Yellow one) so that I can be seen during the grey, gloomy days as well as at night.

They won't know what hit 'em, but they'll see me coming... and going! (I put a strip of the black reflective tape on both my helmet and my topcase)
Attachments
P1060831.jpg
P1060831.jpg (22.87 KiB) Viewed 2047 times
P1060839.jpg
P1060839.jpg (23.71 KiB) Viewed 2047 times
P1060842.jpg
P1060842.jpg (24.32 KiB) Viewed 2047 times
P1060841.jpg
P1060841.jpg (23.43 KiB) Viewed 2047 times
P1060845.jpg
P1060845.jpg (13.71 KiB) Viewed 2047 times
P1060844.jpg
P1060844.jpg (14.91 KiB) Viewed 2047 times
Former Buddy rider, now I'm on a '09 Kymco People S 250
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

Very nice :)
Queen

Post by Queen »

Na na na na na na na na BATSCOOT BATSCOOT BATSCOOT!!!
black sunshine

Post by black sunshine »

that is (pardon my language) FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

i would have to do the same, but i need to be able to switch between several different anime symbols . . . hmmmm . . . velcro?
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

WAY Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ideas abound, that reflective stuff is great.

BTW.... Most if not all millitary posts require you to wear your PT belt while riding on post day or night, I think it is a good idea. I have been wearing my Winter PT jacket as it has the reflective stripes on it, works great for wind resistance as well. Sorry "Saftey guys" I hate the looks of armored jackets, although I quite well understand their need.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Does the batscooter pop out of the batmobile like it does in "the dark knight" ? :lol:
TXscoot

Post by TXscoot »

Thanks for the link to the reflective military belt. Those things are bright even during the day. I've seen those on the road before but had no idea where to find them. Thanks for the pics.
lcstatema

Post by lcstatema »

jfrost2 wrote:Does the batscooter pop out of the batmobile like it does in "the dark knight" ? :lol:
YES... except it's more of a slow, backwards roll out of my garage and down my driveway, then a slow warm-up while I put on my layers. Then ZOOM we're gone... other than that, it is EXACTLY like in "The Dark Knight!"
BGK

Post by BGK »

TXscoot wrote:Thanks for the link to the reflective military belt. Those things are bright even during the day. I've seen those on the road before but had no idea where to find them. Thanks for the pics.
Yes. I just ordered some too. Not bad prices compared to running/sporting goods stores. I got some extra belt tape for some future projects too.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

lcstatema wrote:
jfrost2 wrote:Does the batscooter pop out of the batmobile like it does in "the dark knight" ? :lol:
YES... except it's more of a slow, backwards roll out of my garage and down my driveway, then a slow warm-up while I put on my layers. Then ZOOM we're gone... other than that, it is EXACTLY like in "The Dark Knight!"
Yes, just like I remember, batman crashed his batmobile, then backed out of it, then told the bad guys to stop shooting at him while he gears up and allows his bike to warm up :lol: How action packed!
lcstatema

Post by lcstatema »

jfrost2 wrote:
lcstatema wrote:
Yes, just like I remember, batman crashed his batmobile, then backed out of it, then told the bad guys to stop shooting at him while he gears up and allows his bike to warm up :lol: How action packed!
It happens to me every morning! Let me tell you, it's quite stressful.
lcstatema

Post by lcstatema »

BGK wrote:
TXscoot wrote:Thanks for the link to the reflective military belt. Those things are bright even during the day. I've seen those on the road before but had no idea where to find them. Thanks for the pics.
Yes. I just ordered some too. Not bad prices compared to running/sporting goods stores. I got some extra belt tape for some future projects too.
Good company. They primarily deal with supplying military bases but they sell to the public as well. They got my order to me reasonbly fast, too. Great quality.
scootergirlnm
Location: Taos, New Mexico (the state between Arizona and Texas)

Post by scootergirlnm »

You are my Hero!! Batscoot ROCKS!!!
Hate the sin, love the sinner.
~Mahatma Gandhi
lcstatema

Post by lcstatema »

scootergirlnm wrote:You are my Hero!! Batscoot ROCKS!!!
And to think that my wife just sat there and shook her head while I toiled with the x-acto knife...
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Next step - Robinscoot.
ageekgirl

Post by ageekgirl »

Wow, that looks great!

DH's been looking at one of the reflective vests to go over his jacket. I'm going to point him to the PT belts. Thanks for the link!
lcstatema

Post by lcstatema »

ageekgirl wrote:Wow, that looks great!

DH's been looking at one of the reflective vests to go over his jacket. I'm going to point him to the PT belts. Thanks for the link!
As you can see in the 2nd picture, the belt is as bright as my Silverstar Headlight on High Beam!

Holy Headlight, Batman!
Lil Buddy

Post by Lil Buddy »

Sweet, that belt looks radioactive!!
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

that's awesome! thanks for the link. i much prefer that to my reflective vest. i like being visible, but i loathe the constant flapping in the wind sound. i can get a pink one to match my helmet, wooo!!!
Modern Buddy Member #2753
<a href="http://www.raleighscooter.org/index.html">Raleigh Scooter Organization</a> #45
Official S.P.A.Z. Member
lcstatema

Post by lcstatema »

Jessica wrote:that's awesome! thanks for the link. i much prefer that to my reflective vest. i like being visible, but i loathe the constant flapping in the wind sound. i can get a pink one to match my helmet, wooo!!!
Yeah, I was considering the Blue & White Checkerboard pattern to match my jacket, but decided on the "radioactive" lime yellow instead.
Tricia

Post by Tricia »

Ventura County Scooter Club
lcstatema

Post by lcstatema »

Tricia wrote:Tron guy?!
http://www.tronguy.net/
Except I'm WAY better looking!
donkin

Post by donkin »

+1 on the bat decal and the sash.

Which version did you pick - Extra Heavy, Heavy Duty or Utility? Would you choose differently now?

Thanks.

-Don
Member 2166
lcstatema

Post by lcstatema »

donkin wrote:+1 on the bat decal and the sash.

Which version did you pick - Extra Heavy, Heavy Duty or Utility? Would you choose differently now?

Thanks.

-Don
I picked the "Extra Heavy Duty" and I would do it again. Very good quality.
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

we have the same helmet!!
mandyscoots

Post by mandyscoots »

black sunshine wrote:that is (pardon my language) FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

i would have to do the same, but i need to be able to switch between several different anime symbols . . . hmmmm . . . velcro?
FRAWESOME :)