My one scooter photo in Italy

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

OScoot!

My one scooter photo in Italy

Post by OScoot! »

Spent 10 days in Italy in Sept -- Florence, Lucca & Rome -- and only came home with one scooter photo. Go figure. Scooters were just everywhere....and I do mean everywhere.

Had entertained thoughts of renting a scooter while there, but quickly gave that idea up since they ride them like maniacs! Cutting in and out between cars, splitting lanes...heck.....they would even drive in the ONCOMING lane just to get around you!! Even when there were cars in the opposite lane headed directly at them. Decided I didn't have the guts to give it a try. We rented a car instead hoping the extra metal surrounding us would offer more protection! It took both me and the S.O. ...him driving, me navigating...just to get out of Florence. And even then, we got lost and took a lot of wrong turns. What an adventure.

This photo was taken on our first day in Florence. After that, I was too busy taking pics of the gorgeous Tuscan countryside. Just imagine scenes like this one on virtually every block....and that will get you close to understanding how many scooters are over there. And they're mostly BIG ones too!
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

So, where is a gorgeous Tuscan countryside photo? I've never been there and would like to see it.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
OScoot!

Post by OScoot! »

Howardr wrote:So, where is a gorgeous Tuscan countryside photo? I've never been there and would like to see it.

Howard
Ok, here ya go....

This was the view from our villa.

Here's another from the villa overlooking the medieval town of Lucca.

This is Lucca as seen from atop the Guinigi Tower that has trees growing on the top.

View along the Cinque Terra Hike with the towns of Corniglia and Manarola in the background. This was taken on a day trip to the coast.
Bill Russ

Post by Bill Russ »

I got your Florence scooters pictures...
Posted it Saturday under the topic name, "Pikers" down this forum list
.... the longest row of scoots I ever saw :D
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Wonderful, those are great pics. I'm sure you had a great time.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
OScoot!

Post by OScoot! »

Bill Russ wrote:I got your Florence scooters pictures...
Posted it Saturday under the topic name, "Pikers" down this forum list
.... the longest row of scoots I ever saw :D
I think that was someone else's photo you posted under Pikers. Twasn't mine. But every city we visited was the same way....lines and lines of scooters parked everywhere. And crazy scooter riders in the streets. What a hoot.