VESPA LX 150 VS BUDDY INTERNATIONAL

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

walky08

VESPA LX 150 VS BUDDY INTERNATIONAL

Post by walky08 »

Would anyone be able to post side by side photos of the above???

I would like to visually compare size, length, looks, height, etc...

Details if possible. I am maybe asking too much but the only reference I have is this:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/a ... de1-06.jpg
Christy

Re: VESPA LX 150 VS BUDDY INTERNATIONAL

Post by Christy »

walky08 wrote:Would anyone be able to post side by side photos of the above???

Details if possible. I am maybe asking too much but the only reference I have is this:
ok, this isn't really a side by side comparison, but here's me on both scooters:
EPSP #76
kilted texan

Post by kilted texan »

LX 150
Seat height........................30.5"
Dry weight.........................225 lbs
Length/Width/Wheelbase.....69.1" / 29.1" / 50.4"

Buddy Int.
Seat height........................29.7"
Dry weight.........................223 lbs
Wheelbase.........................47.6"
I brew... therefore I am.

Smoked Porter - Drinking
Peach Smoked Brown Ale - Drinking
Maibock - Lagering
British Mild - Carbonating
Oatmeal Stout - Aging in Whiskey barrel 3 weeks left
kilted texan

Post by kilted texan »

Pictures are great in all, but if you are trying to decide between the two you need to sit on both. That 1/2" difference in seat height is big when sitting on them. Also the seated position to handle bars are different. Which makes the difference I think.
I brew... therefore I am.

Smoked Porter - Drinking
Peach Smoked Brown Ale - Drinking
Maibock - Lagering
British Mild - Carbonating
Oatmeal Stout - Aging in Whiskey barrel 3 weeks left
Christy

Post by Christy »

i agree, kilted. it's definitely a comparison that you need to make by sitting or test riding yourself. Pictures help to see the relative size differences, but don't help you know how YOU will fit on the scoots.
EPSP #76
walky08

Re: VESPA LX 150 VS BUDDY INTERNATIONAL

Post by walky08 »

Christy wrote:
walky08 wrote:Would anyone be able to post side by side photos of the above???

ok, this isn't really a side by side comparison, but here's me on both scooters:
They both look very similar in shape ,height,, etc... This is a good comparison since both photos are taken at more or less same distance. Thanks!
walky08

Post by walky08 »

kilted texan wrote:Pictures are great in all, but if you are trying to decide between the two you need to sit on both. That 1/2" difference in seat height is big when sitting on them. Also the seated position to handle bars are different. Which makes the difference I think.
Yes, and I understand this. But I am gathering as much info as I can so I don't look like an idiot when I go to the dealer to seat on them. Ha,ha.. It pays to know what questions to ask, what to look for. All these hints are important and I appreciate the help.
walky08

Height difference

Post by walky08 »

kilted texan wrote:Pictures are great in all, but if you are trying to decide between the two you need to sit on both. That 1/2" difference in seat height is big when sitting on them. Also the seated position to handle bars are different. Which makes the difference I think.
So I assume that apparently lower is better. I am refering to the seat height difference you mention. I am on vacation and away right now but everywhere I look I see scooters.
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Height difference

Post by ericalm »

walky08 wrote:
So I assume that apparently lower is better. I am refering to the seat height difference you mention. I am on vacation and away right now but everywhere I look I see scooters.
Just depends on how tall you are and how long your inseam is.

Have you seen my comparison of the two here?
topic4835.html

Vespa of Thousand Oaks will be carrying Buddys soon (they have one now that's a shop scooter, so call ahead and ask if it's there). That would be a great place to do a side-by-side comparison. They're the only shop in the area that carries both and probably the closest Genuine (and Vespa) dealer to you.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Height difference

Post by ericalm »

ericalm wrote:Vespa of Thousand Oaks will be carrying Buddys soon (they have one now that's a shop scooter, so call ahead and ask if it's there). That would be a great place to do a side-by-side comparison. They're the only shop in the area that carries both and probably the closest Genuine (and Vespa) dealer to you.
Or… maybe not. Vespa TO is apparently not signing with Genuine as previously announced. So NoHo is probably your closest dealer now.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
PasadenaSue

Post by PasadenaSue »

Ericalm wrote:
Or… maybe not. Vespa TO is apparently not signing with Genuine as previously announced. So NoHo is probably your closest dealer now.
What happened? This is unfortunate, IMO.

PasadenaSue
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

PasadenaSue wrote:Ericalm wrote:
Or… maybe not. Vespa TO is apparently not signing with Genuine as previously announced. So NoHo is probably your closest dealer now.
What happened? This is unfortunate, IMO.

PasadenaSue
I don't really know for sure. I haven't had a chance to talk to David about it, but hope to soon. I think there will likely be another dealer in the area.