Which windshield is best for a 150?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

msdallas2008

Which windshield is best for a 150?

Post by msdallas2008 »

I have a Pamplona & want to get a windshield. Which one do you folks recommend?

I see the Cuppini Short on Scooterworks, but it doesn't mention it fitting the 150. The Prima Medium says it fits the Buddy, but not specifically the 150.

Thanks,
Mark
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

The 150's and 125's have the same headset, so that WSBUD3 windshield will fit it. If at all possible you should try one on before you buy (like ride a buddy, any buddy that has one installed) to make sure it works with your height and helmet. Even a 50 cc will give you an idea, because the roaring starts at about 30 mph, if if happens.

Also, the short windshield will only block wind to your chest. Not your face. I have chosen to use a FF helmet (my preference anyway) and a leather jacket to block the wind.

As they say, YMMV, but I did get better mileage and about 8mph indicated more top end. I just could not deal with the wind noise, so I sold it.
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

All windshields fit all buddies.

UNLESS the windshield is made for a 06 buddy, it will specify it will not fit modern buddy's.

All buddies are made on the same frame and body panels, so any 07+ windshield will fit any 07+ buddy.
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

The WSBUD3 windshield is the one I just installed on my St Tropez 150 and so far it works great. It does only block wind up to my neck and I am 6 foot tall almost exactly. I wear a FF helmet and have no problem. Lisalisa has made a great suggestion if you can get a test ride on a buddy with a windshield. If not then the WSBUD3 is sturdily made and the one I would recommend. I have not seen the Prima in person but have heard that it was not as sturdily constructed.
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

Yes, it (WSBUD3) is really sturdy, and actually does a great job of stabilizing the bike and improving the aerodynamics. If I were stone deaf, or 10 cm taller, I would have loved the thing. Or if I liked to crouch behind the shield and go 78 bmph.
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.