new dealers

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Cheshire

new dealers

Post by Cheshire »

I was going to look up Genuine dealers to call and see if anyone had any stock yet, and noticed the list for my state was longer than it was last month. Last month, the closest dealer was 2 hours' drive/130 miles away.

OMG!!! I HAVE A NEW DEALER IN MY TOWN!!!
Evil evil evil...just as I had resigned myself to going without a scoot for a while longer.

:wha: :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen:
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

So what are you waiting for? Go wait outside the door for them to open in the morning!
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Gah!! Don't tempt me!
(I'm already seriously considering putting off work to do just that.)
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Spent about 2.5 hours there this morning. They just got the shipment yesterday...didn't even have any of them set up yet! Turns out it's a Ducati/Triumph shop. Apparently, I know just as much as they do about the Genuine line (the guy joked that I might even know more about them than he did) from spending so much time here.
I offered to give him the website, but he said he already had it, just hadn't gotten time to check ModernBuddy out yet. :lol:

If I can get a financing snag dealt with (decent credit, just not enough of it), I might end up in the RBC. (It's what came in the first shipment.) If it takes a while, I might get a choice between green, red, and MAYBE orange. Gah...it took me forever to go to sleep last night. I felt like I was 6 years old on xmas eve!! (Even if I didn't get to take one home.)

At least I finally got to sit on one, like I've been meaning to. They also had a used Ninja 250. That bike practically folded me like a beach chair ready to be packed up! The Buddy 125 and International, on the other hand, fit me quite nicely...which says a lot. I'm not quite 6'2", and mostly leg. (My bicycle is a 21" frame, and should I go back to road riding I should be on a 60cm frame.) My knees were pretty much parallel with my hips: just where they should be. (It's a sign!)

SQUEE!! And I don't have to drive 2 hours one-way!!
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Cheshire wrote:(the guy joked that I might even know more about them than he did) from spending so much time here.
No joke, you probably do.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Neducati

Re: new dealers

Post by Neducati »

Cheshire wrote:I was going to look up Genuine dealers to call and see if anyone had any stock yet, and noticed the list for my state was longer than it was last month. Last month, the closest dealer was 2 hours' drive/130 miles away.

OMG!!! I HAVE A NEW DEALER IN MY TOWN!!!
That's always a fun discovery. Same thing happened here in South Central Pennsylvania. Nearest dealer was outside of Baltimore, Philadelphia or in State College - all about 90 minutes away. Now we have a Genuine Scooter dealer in the sleepy little town of Carlisle, about 12 miles from home. Sweet!

We're heading there after breakfast tomorrow morning to check out their inventory.

You are fortunate to have the Blue Ridge Parkway on your doorstep! (I bought my first Triumph Bonneville T100 from Myers Motorcycles).
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

Hey Mechanicsburg native! I am originally from Shippensburg. Just wanted to give you a shout out. :D
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Here in ohio, you either go to Cincinnati, Columbus, or Cleavland for dealers. Nothing in dayton besides cheap con man chinese non DOT legal scooter dealers.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

illnoise wrote:
Cheshire wrote:(the guy joked that I might even know more about them than he did) from spending so much time here.

Bb.
Yeah, sometimes it seems that only the best of the dealers have more info than what can be fairly easily found here. I know I've known a few things that my dealer didn't know!

It's more a testament to this community than anything else.
vaderscoot

Post by vaderscoot »

ive actually had my dealer call me with a problem they were having :lol:
jmazza wrote:
illnoise wrote:

Bb.
Yeah, sometimes it seems that only the best of the dealers have more info than what can be fairly easily found here. I know I've known a few things that my dealer didn't know!

Kaos

Post by Kaos »

vaderscoot wrote:ive actually had my dealer call me with a problem they were having :lol:
jmazza wrote:
illnoise wrote: No joke, you probably do.

Bb.

Heh, my dealer did that too when the vapor lock issue started happening. They figured I'd know quicker than they would if others were having the same issue.

Which was nice, since *I* was having the issue as well ;)
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

jfrost2 wrote:Here in ohio, you either go to Cincinnati, Columbus, or Cleavland for dealers. Nothing in dayton besides cheap con man chinese non DOT legal scooter dealers.
the person that purchased our used Buddy traveled all the way from Dayton to get it.