Cincinnati Now Has Scooter Parking!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lobsterman

Cincinnati Now Has Scooter Parking!

Post by lobsterman »

Today, the city of Cincinnati unveiled it's first official scooter parking downtown, and in a surprising last minute gift from City Council, it is free until next spring.

Buddys were very well represented for the event, but we had four different scooter models park in the new spaces for the press.

Here's SteMer pointing out the new signage. Way way cool.

Kevin
AYPWIP?
onlyagibson

Post by onlyagibson »

That is really cool! How nice!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Awesome! If there are any stories in the local press, please post links.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

That's awesome. They JUST marked a small area for motorcycle parking at my school last week... its about friggin time!
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

ericalm wrote:Awesome! If there are any stories in the local press, please post links.
Free Parking For Scooters, Motorcycles Downtown

Check out the slide show with the article, the last pictures shows my scooter, SteMer's, and a couple other local Buddys.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust

Post by ScooterDave »

Damnit. I can not believe I missed it. I completely forgot about it & I was downtown at my new office on Main Street 5 blocks away goofing off all afternoon. Looks like Lobsterman & Steve had a good time. On top of that I am pretty sure at least one of them owes me lunch.
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

ScooterDave wrote:Damnit. I can not believe I missed it. I completely forgot about it & I was downtown at my new office on Main Street 5 blocks away goofing off all afternoon. Looks like Lobsterman & Steve had a good time. On top of that I am pretty sure at least one of them owes me lunch.
I was wondering where you were. Thought for sure you'd be there. I guess it's Lobsterman that owes you lunch cuz I was lookin forward to the lunch you were going to buy me.
Mighty Ohio Scooter Club

r0sa

Post by r0sa »

friggin sweet!!!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

lobsterman wrote:
ericalm wrote:Awesome! If there are any stories in the local press, please post links.
Free Parking For Scooters, Motorcycles Downtown

Check out the slide show with the article, the last pictures shows my scooter, SteMer's, and a couple other local Buddys.
Thanks!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

ScooterDave wrote:...I was downtown at my new office on Main Street 5 blocks away goofing off all afternoon. Looks like Lobsterman & Steve had a good time. On top of that I am pretty sure at least one of them owes me lunch.
If you're at 5th & Main that means you and I will be using the two spots they put in at 6th & Walnut.

Let's do lunch after I get paid at the end of the month. :roll:

Only downside to the whole thing is that they said there were over 600 people voting for locations and they only put in 15 new spaces. :shock:
Kevin
AYPWIP?
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust

Post by ScooterDave »

lobsterman wrote:
ScooterDave wrote:...I was downtown at my new office on Main Street 5 blocks away goofing off all afternoon. Looks like Lobsterman & Steve had a good time. On top of that I am pretty sure at least one of them owes me lunch.
If you're at 5th & Main that means you and I will be using the two spots they put in at 6th & Walnut.

Let's do lunch after I get paid at the end of the month. :roll:

Only downside to the whole thing is that they said there were over 600 people voting for locations and they only put in 15 new spaces. :shock:
I am at 13th & main right across from Shadeau Breads. I have a private courtyard for my scooter parking.

Call me or PM me & I will buy lunch.

It is a win for the city. It is free scooter parking right now and makes everyone feel good. When they start charging, they will be able to collect 5x the revenue since they they can now park 5 bikes in each space that was a single car space.
loodieboy

Post by loodieboy »

Weird. I was riding past the new scooter parking on Walnut Street, and I saw a scooter parked there that looked just like lobsterman's avatar. Go figure.
Clearly.
irishtim

Post by irishtim »

Is there scooter/cycle parking at Skyline?
OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

irishtim wrote:Is there scooter/cycle parking at Skyline?
There's a Skyline at 7th & Vine, the photos above were taken at the new spots on 8th & Vine.
Kevin
AYPWIP?