Hangin' out with the GGR scooter dudes

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Becktastic

Hangin' out with the GGR scooter dudes

Post by Becktastic »

Tucson is gearing up for the scooter rally this weekend. I couple people from a local paper (I think it was the Star?) came to take some pics for an article coming out Thursday. I have never been to the GGR garage so I was excited for an excuse...and the possibility of being in the paper. :D

Here are a few pics!

This poor thing was a total rust bucket before they restored it

Scooters and motorcycles -do- get along! ;)

It's a Harley scooter! I wanted so badly to ask him for a ride on the back :3

Some scoots lined up on A mountain with Tucson behind us.

www.ggrscooters.com
www.tucsonscooterrally.com

I'll post the article to the discussion board when it comes out!
Lift heavy eat clean!
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Nice pics Becky. I sure do wish I could have been there. I'm looking forward to going to the GGR Garage, too. I'm starting to here classic scooters calling to me.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

If I could squint just a little harder, I'll bet I could see my house at the base of Table Rock in that last photo!

That restored black/red vespa is awesome. But is it even street legal? Where are the lights?

I think that Harley was called the Topper (165cc). They weren't very attractive looking compared to the Italian makes of the day. Today's Yamaha C3 looks like an updated version of the Topper. It would be too cool if Harley began making scooters again. But I suspect they'd blow it by using antiquated technology, weigh a ton, and they'd be ridden by black leather clad fashion slave zombies.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

I like the way the Harley one looks...but only because it looks like it shouldn't run. There's something charming abut rust :)

The black/red is more black/magenta in real life, my pics don't do it justice. I think they are still working on it, but it will have lights and mirrors later. A scooter couple was having them restore it for their daughter :D
Lift heavy eat clean!