The Great Pumpkin

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

GaryEPSP

The Great Pumpkin

Post by GaryEPSP »

I've been posting this around but it deserves to be here more than anywhere else. :D We had a ride through Hocking Hills in Ohio last weekend and one of our riders, Vicky, rides this Buddy. It puts smiles on everyone's faces!

LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

Hellz yeah. Now give me chocolate.
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
GaryEPSP

Post by GaryEPSP »

That scoot is in my garage at the moment, seems to have a fuel delivery problem. Shout out to IrishTim! Any history I need to know about before I take it all apart? :wink:
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

:lol: That made me smile very cool!
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Is that just black construction paper that you taped to the Buddy? Or is it black sticker material? If it's sticker material, where did you buy it?
Rob

Re: The Great Pumpkin

Post by Rob »

GaryEPSP wrote:I've been posting this around but it deserves to be here more than anywhere else. :D We had a ride through Hocking Hills in Ohio last weekend and one of our riders, Vicky, rides this Buddy. It puts smiles on everyone's faces!
Off the topic a bit, but I was wondering what you thought of the ride through Hocking Hills? I've been wanting to get out that way for a few years for the hiking and fishing. But now that I have the scooter, I'll likely want to haul that along.

Rob
GaryEPSP

Post by GaryEPSP »

for K1, it's some kind of spongey material. She cut it out to shape.

for Rob, Hocking Hills is really nice riding. It can fill up with motorcycles pretty quickly on weekends. I'd like to give it a go in the middle of the week. :wink:
UnionZac

Post by UnionZac »

...and yet somehow motorcyclist still don't regard scooterists as their equals? Huh.
GaryEPSP

Post by GaryEPSP »

UnionZac wrote:...and yet somehow motorcyclist still don't regard scooterists as their equals? Huh.
I spoke with a guy this summer who was telling me how gay scooters were. He was a Harley guy. I offered to race him through Hocking Hills. He backed off and left me alone after that.

Most Harley guys I meet are great. But, there are a few with TPS. (Tiny Penis Syndrome) :D
UnionZac

Post by UnionZac »

Yeah I was joking. I actually like how quirky most scooterist seem to be. I think its a kind of confidence that is totally off putting to those (certainly not all) motorcyclists who need to project an image of "tough guy". I guess thats why Mods and Rockers never got along.
Vic

Post by Vic »

k1dude wrote:Is that just black construction paper that you taped to the Buddy? Or is it black sticker material? If it's sticker material, where did you buy it?
I missed this thread... Anyway, I got some self stick foam in the craft department and just cut it into the shapes I wanted. It is found in any craft supply section or shop and cuts easily with scissors. The sticky factor is reasonable, they stay on but they also come off with very little trouble, I removed them today and just scraped the residue off with my fingernail. You can also buy die cut foam shapes that are self stick, that is what most of my experience has been with the stuff and gave me the idea.

Another idea I had to do the same thing was to use the window film cling stuff. It comes in pretty dark brown/smoke color that would work pretty well. That would be even easier to apply/remove but harder to cut out.

Thanks Gary for posting the cute pic of Charlie Brown in costume! Not to mention tearing him completely apart at least 4-5 times and the other Peaseys that helped out with advice and thoughts and ideas. I am ordering a starter switch ASAP just to have it in case I need it. I figure having one on hand is pretty much a guarantee that I will never need it!

Cheers,
-v