[NSR] "Extra" Hour

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

[NSR] "Extra" Hour

Post by ericalm »

Most states got an extra hour last night. (I know that's not really how it works, but let's have a little fun with it, okay?)

So what are you doing with yours?

I am running downtown to the fashion district with my wife to go to the mega fabric store to look for some buttons for a jacket I need for two upcoming trips to the colder climes of the East Coast. (She also needs fabrics for, uh, some project or another…) At least we'll get to spend some time hanging out before I sequester myself in my office to work all day. Yay.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

Arizona is too cool for daylight savings time 8)

or we're just too lazy to mess with our clocks.
Lift heavy eat clean!
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

it is a beautiful day here. Went for a ride for breakfast. Later we are going to a concert for a candidate for a public office, and Bruce Springsteen will be an playing acoustic set. It will probably just be me and 100,000 or so other folks :) in this swing state. Everyone enjoy your extra hour.
Eazy

Post by Eazy »

I slept

And then rode to work in the rain and cold.

YAY!
-Ian Follow Me
'08 Genuine Stella - "totaled"
'06 Honda Elite 80 - "bullet proof"
Eazy Scoots.
itzhak37

Post by itzhak37 »

Someone dumped something sticky all over my scooter last night (I park it on the sidestreet next to me condo building. So, I spent my extra hour outside washing my scoot.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

i will be changing the clock in my car... then taking my buddy out for a spin to keep the battery charged up and oil running through him!
emptym

Post by emptym »

Becktastic wrote:Arizona is too cool for daylight savings time 8)

I like to think that "Time revolves around Arizona"
SDG
Banned

Re: [NSR] "Extra" Hour

Post by SDG »

ericalm wrote:Most states got an extra hour last night. (I know that's not really how it works, but let's have a little fun with it, okay?)

So what are you doing with yours?

I am running downtown to the fashion district with my wife to go to the mega fabric store to look for some buttons for a jacket I need for two upcoming trips to the colder climes of the East Coast. (She also needs fabrics for, uh, some project or another…) At least we'll get to spend some time hanging out before I sequester myself in my office to work all day. Yay.
Dude I have no idea what I did with mine however I am sitting here in the showroom in between clients and exhausted like I pulled an all-nighter.

No clue what happened but me needs an extra one back tonight. :D

SDG
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

I spent mine drinking at the POC Halloween party. Good times my friends.

Dustin
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

i spent it partying it up 8)
UrbanBuddy82

Post by UrbanBuddy82 »

all the clocks in my house (aka our cell phones) automaticly update the time so I did not even notice the change....
Red Buddy Club
S.P.A.Z MEMBER
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Spent the extra hour trying to reset the !@^!% clock on the !*#@#@% VCR.
onlyagibson

Post by onlyagibson »

I had this amazing plan to get an extra hour of sleep. Then my 8 month old woke up (at the "old" regular time). Sigh...
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

onlyagibson wrote:I had this amazing plan to get an extra hour of sleep. Then my 8 month old woke up (at the "old" regular time). Sigh...
It happens to grown-ups (if thats what I am) too!!! I woke up at "regular time" and was an hour early for everything all day!!!
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Bah I had to work the same hour TWICE! :P :evil: :x
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
ERik3tb

Post by ERik3tb »

I pulled an 11 hour shift instead of an 8.

It screwed up some of the computers at my 2nd job and it took awhile to chase out the gremlins.
Heroism is being scared as hell and saddling up anyways - John Wayne
kilted texan

Post by kilted texan »

No, its all the old people in Zona that can't get their VCR's to stop blinking, that they don't want to have there clocks blinking too. :lol:

We spent the extra hour on the front porch doing a little drinking with neighbors. :mrgreen:
I brew... therefore I am.

Smoked Porter - Drinking
Peach Smoked Brown Ale - Drinking
Maibock - Lagering
British Mild - Carbonating
Oatmeal Stout - Aging in Whiskey barrel 3 weeks left
Jake

Post by Jake »

VCRs?
bunny

Post by bunny »

When I was a kid, I used to read the TV Guide to see what happened to the missing hour in the spring and then te extra hour in the fall...I'd look for the 2 am slot to show up twice...

Now, as an adult and I have a more mature understanding of how television programming works...

What happens to the hour of advertising time that gets sold in the Fall but mysteriously 'disappears?' Does it get added back in in the Spring when that hour magically reappears?
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

Syd

Post by Syd »

There's EST, EDT, CST, CDT, MST, MDT, PST, PDT. Then there's ART. Arizona Real Time. Think of us as the Control Group to the rest of the Nation's time manipulation tests.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

Now now, Navajo Nation does observe DST. That just goes to show that crazy people who like to artificially change time live in Arizona too. :P

What I like is that Hopi does not observe it. So if you drive from Winslow to Page via 87, 264, 89 it would be: No DST, DST, No DST, DST, No DST in like 4 hours of driving.
Syd

Post by Syd »

rabbitgod wrote:Now now, Navajo Nation does observe DST. That just goes to show that crazy people who like to artificially change time live in Arizona too. :P

What I like is that Hopi does not observe it. So if you drive from Winslow to Page via 87, 264, 89 it would be: No DST, DST, No DST, DST, No DST in like 4 hours of driving.
Tell me about it. I lived in Flag for years. I now never know what time it is :?
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Heavy Metal Baking Hour! We made brownies. And then I forgot about the time-switch and missed meeting up with the HCSC for the Philly toys for tots ride. Alas.
ModBud #442
MrNatural

Post by MrNatural »

emptym wrote:

Actually I just read Arizona is too HOT for DST. The time change in the summer would increase the use of A/C so they opted out.

Wisconsin passed into LAW that in the spring when an hr is lost the bars stay open an extra hr to make up for that lost time.... Only in Sconny.
broke

Post by broke »

I made *RECORD* time driving back from Eugene to Hillsboro after a very late HS marching band competition at Autzen Stadium.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I just returned from a golf/boat trip to Vegas, Lake Mead & Mesquite Nevada. So I definitely needed the extra hour out there to catch up on some lost sleep. Woke up Sunday morning and didn't feel like golfing, so I rented a MC and rode up to the Red Rock Canyon. Cool drive if you ever get the chance. I thought about renting a scoot and trying to make that ride, but I couldn't find a place that had anything over a 50 cc.

Rob
Syd

Post by Syd »

MrNatural wrote:
emptym wrote:

Actually I just read Arizona is too HOT for DST. The time change in the summer would increase the use of A/C so they opted out.

Wisconsin passed into LAW that in the spring when an hr is lost the bars stay open an extra hr to make up for that lost time.... Only in Sconny.
It seems like most every year some newcomer asks something like "Why doesn't Arizona follow daylight savings time like the rest of the country. That's just stupid."

The longtime residents politely defer the question until a late evening in mid August, at which point we ask the newby, who now sits quetly in a corner in front of two 20" box fans with a personal spray bottle in hand, "So, you want another hour of this?"
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Someday I hope the world goes to one time zone. Who cares what the number is on a clock? Wouldn't it be better to know when to make that phon call to London or Sydney? It won't happen in my lifetime. The USA will go metric before that happens. :roll:
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

Syd wrote:
MrNatural wrote:
emptym wrote: I like to think that "Time revolves around Arizona"

It seems like most every year some newcomer asks something like "Why doesn't Arizona follow daylight savings time like the rest of the country. That's just stupid."

The longtime residents politely defer the question until a late evening in mid August, at which point we ask the newby, who now sits quetly in a corner in front of two 20" box fans with a personal spray bottle in hand, "So, you want another hour of this?"
Yeah I love that one too. I get twerked anytime a fer'ner tells me what's best for Arizona. A while back a Swedish exchange student said that she thought it was arrogant that Arizona didn't participate. Then I had to explain the whole damn thing to her and how there are lots of countries that have no need for it and how Sonora doesn't do it and so on.

DAMN YOU FER'NERS!!!!!

Naw, I love you. But only if you ride scooters.