Tail winds

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Kaos

Tail winds

Post by Kaos »

So Portland is in the midst of a bit of a storm as of this afternoon. I had ridden to work this morning in the rain(as usual) but on the way home the storm caught up to me. Let me tell you, 25MPH tail winds are both fun and scary! I got quite a bit of extra pep from those winds, but they also wanted to move me all over the road! I think one of my hotrods is coming to work with me in the morning(for the first time since March!) since its supposed to be gusts up to 45MPH.
Eazy

Post by Eazy »

tail wind = farting

farting = awesome
-Ian Follow Me
'08 Genuine Stella - "totaled"
'06 Honda Elite 80 - "bullet proof"
Eazy Scoots.
broke

Post by broke »

Yeah... it's getting scary for me and I only need to be on 45mph roads for like 1/2 mile. But I'm not giving in yet! I'm gonna scoot until the rain freezes!

...then I'm gonna "drift" to work! YEEEEHAAAW!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

broke wrote:Yeah... it's getting scary for me and I only need to be on 45mph roads for like 1/2 mile. But I'm not giving in yet! I'm gonna scoot until the rain freezes!

...then I'm gonna "drift" to work! YEEEEHAAAW!
Ohh, I'm not quitting for the season, just till the end of this storm. 25 miles in high winds is not a fun thing.
kmetta

Post by kmetta »

its been PAINFULLY cold on the east cost...

and the wind is just killing me.

(obviously not the same wind)
My name is Kyle, and i am a wannabee Highway addict.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

kmetta wrote:its been PAINFULLY cold on the east cost...

and the wind is just killing me.

(obviously not the same wind)
Luckily temperatures are not bad yet, though I just pulled into my driveway a moment ago, and its 34 degrees outside. At the 75MPH I was going, that makes for a very chilly evening. Its so super clear out tonight that it was a nice ride anyway.....
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Wow yeah long distances in high winds = tired rider. It can be a thrilling ride though. Down here it is freakishly warm. My ride into work I was overdressed and sweating! Got to love November in Texas! :D
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Kaos wrote: Luckily temperatures are not bad yet, though I just pulled into my driveway a moment ago, and its 34 degrees outside. At the 75MPH I was going, that makes for a very chilly evening. Its so super clear out tonight that it was a nice ride anyway.....
Yikes, 34 degrees? Where in Portland do you live? I'm up on something of a hill south of town and the temperature didn't fall below 40 in my neighborhood last night. Really beautiful scooter weather today!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Dooglas wrote:
Kaos wrote: Luckily temperatures are not bad yet, though I just pulled into my driveway a moment ago, and its 34 degrees outside. At the 75MPH I was going, that makes for a very chilly evening. Its so super clear out tonight that it was a nice ride anyway.....
Yikes, 34 degrees? Where in Portland do you live? I'm up on something of a hill south of town and the temperature didn't fall below 40 in my neighborhood last night. Really beautiful scooter weather today!
Oregon City. I'm taking that 34 indication from a roadside sign on 82nd Ave, so who knows if it's accurate.

The ride in today was amazing! Still a bit cold, but its going to be ohh so nice on the way home.
broke

Post by broke »

oh yes... today was great!

Unfortunately my ride is dead-east most of the trip and low sun means a very blinding ride... I'm hoping that the full face helmet that I asked for Christmas provides a better shade for my eyes.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

broke wrote:oh yes... today was great!

Unfortunately my ride is dead-east most of the trip and low sun means a very blinding ride... I'm hoping that the full face helmet that I asked for Christmas provides a better shade for my eyes.
Ohh, I hate that. I've found that my full face provides absolutely no shading whatsoever. Its face opening is quite large, which is good for visibility. I just got a polarized face shield and wear sunglasses under my helmet. Works well.