Any scooter calendars for 2009?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

polianarchy

Any scooter calendars for 2009?

Post by polianarchy »

Last year, there was quite a selection of wall calendars featuring scooters. Are there any coming out this year? Post 'em up in the comments! If we get a ton of responses from clubs with goods for sale, then I'll move this thread to the FOR SALE forum.
ModBud #442
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

Heh, I thought about doing one. I have a lot of nice scooter photos from the long scooter trip.
I didn't want to do it for my own cash money though. Guess sales could have gone to scooterrelief.
Hmmm. I could STILL do one, just not in time for X-mas.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

No pressure or anything, but YES PLEASE! I'd love to see one with a Buddy, I bet yours would be great, I think you could whip it up in time for Three King's Day *ahem*, and ScooterRelief is a great charity.

Also, whoa...no one else knows of any scooter calendars? Dang.... :shock:
ModBud #442
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

I got a calendar in the mail yesterday from the city where I live. I opened it up and on the inside of the front cover was a picture of the mayor and all the wardsmen on scooters! And the mayor was on a mobility scooter, ha ha. I think all the others were on chinese scoots.
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

Well I have about 2,000 good photos from the trip. I also have a little bit of time on my hands.
I'm just not into ordering a bunch and hoping they sell, or dealing with shipping them out to people. I'm going to use
http://www.qoop.com/photobooks/calendar/product.php
The price is 14.99, so I think it would be fair to charge $18.99 and donate $4 from each sale to http://scooterrelief.org/

If I had started this project awhile ago and had confirmation on sales volume, I would make the calendar at home using different software. However, I'm going to use the software QOOP provides. The photos will be amazing, for sure.

It seems like I can have this done today/early tomorrow. With the holiday shipping schedule they have listed, it looks like you can order up to the 15th and still plan for USPS delivery for Christmas.

I think I can link my paypal to QOOP and set a price on the calendar. If not, I will have to use CafePress. I will donate money to scooterrelief as sales are made.

YEA!
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

BOY HOWDY AM I GLAD I POSTED :D :D :D
ModBud #442
tekrek

Post by tekrek »

Yeah you know the kind with nekkid women on scooters. On second thought forget the scooters,
"I'm your Huckleberry."
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

tekrek wrote:Yeah you know the kind with nekkid women on scooters. On second thought forget the scooters,
That would be this one.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

Ha ha ha.
Y'all should just go for that calendar!
I went through my all trip photos and didn't find enough GREAT scooter shots.
I wanted to do all Genuine products and found enough shots, just not up to my calendar standards--my inner perfectionist tells me so.
I have plenty (too many) misc. shots that would make a great book, but not just about scooters.

I tried. :D
Good Luck.
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

I may regret this ...

Vistaprint does calendars for about $8 each (the price drops a bit as quantity increases). Full-color glossy card stock, spiral bound and 11"x8.5"

Would MB members be interested in submitting photos from 2008 for a calendar? If so, I'd be willing to take the submissions, narrow them down and/or put them up for voting. Once we're down to the final 12 plus cover, I start taking preorders via paypal. This would have to be a prepay item as I've been burned before on "Yeah, I want one!" situations. As for cost to purchase, let's stick to the $8 for production + $2 S&H/paypal fees + $5 to scooterrelief.org for a grand total of $15 per calendar. If the quantity goes up and my cost goes down, the extra will go to scooterrelief.org. I'm not going to take any profit here.

I have a timeline in mind that could probably get the calendars in the mail during the first couple weeks of January.

Any interest?
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
Rob

Post by Rob »

ericalm wrote:
tekrek wrote:Yeah you know the kind with nekkid women on scooters. On second thought forget the scooters,
That would be this one.
I don't want a scooter calendar, but now I DO want to take a European scooter trip! :D

Rob
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

Orange Guy wrote:I may regret this ...

Vistaprint does calendars for about $8 each (the price drops a bit as quantity increases). Full-color glossy card stock, spiral bound and 11"x8.5"

Would MB members be interested in submitting photos from 2008 for a calendar? If so, I'd be willing to take the submissions, narrow them down and/or put them up for voting. Once we're down to the final 12 plus cover, I start taking preorders via paypal. This would have to be a prepay item as I've been burned before on "Yeah, I want one!" situations. As for cost to purchase, let's stick to the $8 for production + $2 S&H/paypal fees + $5 to scooterrelief.org for a grand total of $15 per calendar. If the quantity goes up and my cost goes down, the extra will go to scooterrelief.org. I'm not going to take any profit here.

I have a timeline in mind that could probably get the calendars in the mail during the first couple weeks of January.

Any interest?
I think that is a fantastic idea! I just checked out the webpage and Vistaprint reduced their price to $8 from the usual $16--holy crow.
I'm gonna use that deal to make some holiday gift calendars!

If you want to manage this project--it sounds awesome. If I can help in some way, let me know.

I will send you a photo later!
[/i]
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

Alix B wrote:I will send you a photo later!
Or two! :wink: Bet you have some great scenic shots that would make a great cover ... kind of like your avatar shot.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

Also, if anybody starts digging through their pics, the size we'd need is 1665 pixels x 1325 pixels. If you have a great shot, but it is smaller, I'm pretty sure I could find a way to use it.

Orange Guy, Inc.
tekrek

Post by tekrek »

ericalm wrote:
That would be this one.
No wonder your big head avatar is blushing.
"I'm your Huckleberry."
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Yeah, I'm not really interested in pictures of women. Now...men, on the other hand...I'd pay cash money for a pin-up calendar of scooters & their scooter dudes! :shock:
ModBud #442
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

^what she said
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

polianarchy wrote:Yeah, I'm not really interested in pictures of women. Now...men, on the other hand...I'd pay cash money for a pin-up calendar of scooters & their scooter dudes! :shock:
Hmm, knowing some male scooterists (and living with one who fits the frumpy stereotype), I don't think I would really want to see a pin-up calendar filled with naughty pics of them.

French rugby players, on the other hand...
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/2951592 ... 2951592892
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Who said anything about naughty? I happen to really like helmets, riding gear, and boots.... :wink:
ModBud #442
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

Orange Guy wrote:Vistaprint does calendars for about $8 each (the price drops a bit as quantity increases). Full-color glossy card stock, spiral bound and 11"x8.5"

Any interest?

Any interest in this MB community? Or maybe file this away as a "maybe next year" thing?

Orange Guy, Inc.
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

I want a scooterdave calendar.
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

LisaLisa wrote:I want a scooterdave calendar.
Yeah, I'd pay money for that, but only if it included some wacky candid rally photos. :wink:
ModBud #442
louie

Post by louie »

siobhan wrote:
polianarchy wrote:Yeah, I'm not really interested in pictures of women. Now...men, on the other hand...I'd pay cash money for a pin-up calendar of scooters & their scooter dudes! :shock:
Hmm, knowing some male scooterists (and living with one who fits the frumpy stereotype), I don't think I would really want to see a pin-up calendar filled with naughty pics of them.

French rugby players, on the other hand...
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/2951592 ... 2951592892
i'm sure you could find plenty of shots of groovy scooter guys in my neck of the woods; sexy, frumpy, big, small, nakkid, armored... but then, i just like boys. :wink:
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

polianarchy wrote:
LisaLisa wrote:I want a scooterdave calendar.
Yeah, I'd pay money for that, but only if it included some wacky candid rally photos. :wink:
Be careful what you ask for.

ScooterDave may happily respond and sell them to you via cafepress, alongside his very popular "I rode with Scooter Dave" clothing line, coffee mugs and mouse pads:
http://shop.cafepress.com/design/16030334

I do not want to even imagine the photos he would offer.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust

Post by ScooterDave »

Hehe. I do have some candid pictures hidden away on my hard drive that would be excellent for a calendar. I may just do "The 12 months of Scooter Dave".
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Dooooo it! Doooooo it! CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG
ModBud #442
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust

Post by ScooterDave »

Ok. I think I am going to do it. He is a little eye candy preview for the ladies from the scooterist Christmas party last night.

It will be The 12 months of Scooter Dave.

Yes, that is Bonegirl putting the moves on me.

Last edited by ScooterDave on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

I especially want a scooterdave version of this one:

Well, it wasn't that one.
Darn those image non hosters!
Last edited by LisaLisa on Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
BoneGirl

Post by BoneGirl »

ScooterDave wrote: Yes, that is Bonegirl putting the moves on me.
Yes. That is Bonegirl trying to point Scooter Dave in the direction of the bathroom; why else would he have his pants down! :rofl:
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVARRRRR
ModBud #442