Buddy Running Hot

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JasonH

Buddy Running Hot

Post by JasonH »

Checked the spark plug and its half white crud near the very top. Very sad I didn't know about checking it before, i don't know how long it's been like that and I've lost some top end. I tryed installing a Prima pipe and some 12g sliders to get it back and did rejet to the dealer's recommended 95. Perhaps it should be more.

I have a new spark plug and I'd really like to get around for Christmas. The bike hasn't been serviced by anyone except me(dealer never has openings although I will be checking again now). I'm about to go buy a set of feeler guages and check the valve clearance and i'm wondering if adjusting my fuel to air ratio would be adequate without waiting for the dealer to determine a solution?

I'll of course(now that I know), be checking the spark plug after every adjustment. This is the first machine I've taken care of its just a shame its also the one I want to last the longest!
Eazy

Post by Eazy »

More fuel.

You should have probably checked your plug before you installed the pipe.
-Ian Follow Me
'08 Genuine Stella - "totaled"
'06 Honda Elite 80 - "bullet proof"
Eazy Scoots.
pinkbuddydude

Post by pinkbuddydude »

which way do you turn for more fuel? clockwise or counter?
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

The mixture screw is only an idle setting. Above that is jet changes. Mixture screw opens like a faucet, counterclockwise flows more fuel.
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

wow, did a valve adjustment following the instructions in the tech forum, what a difference. Much better performance. One of the valves was closed too tight, the other was just right.

I still think Ill add a little more fuel or a larger jet, but i'll wait alittle to see what the spark plug has to say about it.