Buddy Customization

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Would you purchase large vinyl decals for your scooter?

Not interested
14%
Somewhat interested
36%
Very interested
50%

Total votes: 28

Ecomotoslc
Dealer

Buddy Customization

Post by Ecomotoslc »

Hi Guys,
I was wondering what the public interest would be like for sets of vinyl graphics used to customize Buddy body panels. We were thinking tiger stripes for orange buddys, pinstripe sets, huge graphics, etc. What do you think a reasonable price would be for items of this nature? We are trying to build up a huge selection of aftermarket scooter accessories, and we think this would be a great addition. I would appreciate any opinions! As always, happy scootering!

Jon Schlee
Owner- Eco Moto
1050 South State
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
801-583-3390
www.ecomoto.net
brat

Post by brat »

I am looking for different sized and colored stripes. My plan is to go plaid with the bike. My bike is Sunset Orange.

Susan
paige

Post by paige »

I have made tiger stripes from reflective tape and it is a giant PITA. It also is not adhering well to the textured plastic. I do have a fuzzy tiger tail and ears for it as well. Sunset Orange tiger.
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

I have a heavy duty (plastic? vynil?) sticker on the front of mine already.

It would depend upon the designs and the colors. I don't think I'd want to go down the street looking like I was riding Tony the Tiger though. :D

I'm heading into design mode myself to cover cosmetic damage.

Wouldn't mind something akin to Tatoo art, or perhaps a border to folow along the curve at the bottom of hte bike someplace.

Also, there are those of us who like to go nuts, or just be silly. My youngets daughter keeps trying to talk me into painting Zim or his robot Gir on my scoot. :D
EBee

Post by EBee »

I have a new Orange Bud and have been scouring the internet for removable vinyl cling-type decals to make her unique. The only place I have found is called www.scooter-art.com, they have cool designs but are horribly expensive when you figure in the Euro conversion. They offer scooter/helmet combo sets. Love their retro colored designs but can't get myself to pay close to $80 for a set!
"If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane."--Steven Wright
Keys

Post by Keys »

"Life without music would Bb"
EBee

Post by EBee »

They have interesting stuff but I don't want to do the decal thing...I would rather have removable vinyl clings to suit my whims. Also worry about sun damage, etc. and want to take them off for cleaning.
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

Watch the Conversions. Go to a bank, or someplace you can trust for the conversions FIRST before ordering. Not all websites are on the up and up. My hubby said the American dollar is worth more than the Euro. I would double check it with a service first. Your credit card company may not fix it, becuase we don't know what the website will show the credit card company.

Kinda like things going from $25 Canadian to $35 American, the bank would spot it, IF the information was in the transaction, which it isn't as far as I know.

Broad at Wally world made me pay $6 to get PROOF that my check was cashed for one amount (the amount the cashier said, which was wrong, her register was turned so I couldn't see, and what my DUPLICATE said) I showed the woman the discrepency between my duplicate and the ACTUAL amount I was charged, and do you know what she said????

"We'll see which amount the bank cashes it for."

Duh, last time I checked, the bank doesn't get hte receipts, only teh check.

Cost me $6 to get $10 back, and even then the broad gave me lip.

You never know, they can tell you one thing, and your credit card company/bank a completely different story.

Just noted something (besides the comma in the url for the scooter art place) AU is Australian, not Euro. Have no clue what the exchange rate is there.

Here's another thing to note. Years ago, when I went to Tijuana, my friend and I were checking out the conversion shacks. They all had different rates, and none were right. They were trying to cheat folks who didn't want to go to a bank, or after banking hours.

Just be careful. :)
EBee

Post by EBee »

The converter on the site says

75.00 USD United States Dollars = 97.2332 AUD Australia Dollars

which was my point...$75 seems high enough...but nearly $100 for scooter stickers?? Egad. Add shipping to that!!
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

Ouch!

I'd rather dig through the automotive stickers and others before paying that much. US or AU!!!!

Although, that does tell me that the AU dollar is worth a tad bit less than US.

Still, they can't be the only folks on the net withem.
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

I haven't tried them, but it sounds like this place might be able to do something:

http://www.fastsigns.com

They're all over. According to their locater, there's two of them in Colorado Springs.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Catalyst, my father is an accountant with the US-DOS, and he uses http://www.xe.com/ucc/ every day. :D Also, many websites will take Paypal as payment...Paypal has an internal currency converter.

But yeah, EBee, that is WAY too expensive! :shock:
ModBud #442
EBee

Post by EBee »

Was looking at the FastSigns site...wouldn't it be beyond words to get a vehicle wrap for your Buddy? I was recalling a poster who wondered what kind of business you could do with your Bud. Maybe a local business would pay to have your Buddy "advertise" for them? Hmmm.... :idea:
NarMeowZippy

Post by NarMeowZippy »

I really want to get a decal of a vintage pin-up girl for my orange scoot. I've looked on Ebay and some other decal websites, but I haven't found what I'm looking for.
I can't believe how expensive some of them are too!
It's Scooter-rific!!!
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

polianarchy wrote:Catalyst, my father is an accountant with the US-DOS, and he uses http://www.xe.com/ucc/ every day. :D Also, many websites will take Paypal as payment...Paypal has an internal currency converter.

But yeah, EBee, that is WAY too expensive! :shock:
Thanks, I'll bookmark that one site. I haven't used PayPal in eons. I don't like them, wasn't happy with their service, transactions took twice as long...between them and Ebay, I dumped all my accounts. THEN! I do believe it was Paypal that bugged me for at least a week as to why I wanted to dump my account with them. Just annoyed me more. LOL Plus, they SNAIL MAILED me a check for the last $4 that was in the account. They wouldn't let me just transfer it and be done.

A Visa Checkcard does everything I need it to do. :)

It's snowing again, so I guess I have more time to figure out what I want my Buddy to look like. LOL

Snow, snow, go away, come again another day! :D