Perfect in San Diego

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Angela

Perfect in San Diego

Post by Angela »

So San Diego weather has been perfect the past few days here. I have been doing almost all my errands and driving on my scooter.

Now if I can figure out how to carry a 30lb bag of dog food and a 60lb spazz of a greyhound on my scooter I will get rid of the car.

Also, Buddy riders in San Diego are awesome. Whenever you see one on the road they give the friendly nod and a smile. What a great little community.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I've definitely been enjoying the beautiful days we've been having here (in between rainy days).

Ah, SoCal, the best place in the country for scooterists! :P
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

I suppose. As long as you stay off the freeways. Good god those cagers at times are insane. But such is the case in other overly inhabited areas of our country.

I thought people were joking about the mainiacs coming out in the rain. Its not true, they're there all the time, but it only takes a slight decrease in the coefficient of friction :nerd: to set them careening into others.

:ride:
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

It's been in the 70's here in Denver! Mornings a bit chilly (you have to take two different kinds of gloves; one for A.M. and one for P.M.).
Work has been sucky so the 20+ mile ride home has been my saving grace. I'm taking the Buddy in for it's 3K service tomorrow. Thursday is supposed to be very windy so I'll probably be stuck with the cage :cry: .

I moved to Denver from San Diego about 14 years ago but never rode a scooter in SD. I don't know if I would like the traffic in SoCal on two wheels; I was smashed by a cage on my MC many years ago while there.

Be Safe!
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
rickko

Re: Perfect in San Diego

Post by rickko »

Angela wrote:Now if I can figure out how to carry a 30lb bag of dog food and a 60lb spazz of a greyhound on my scooter I will get rid of the car.
Well, he isn't 60 lbs but he does like to ride on the floorboard. :D

Solidly attach a milk crate to your rear rack and put the dog food in there.

Have fun!
..rickko..
Ride it like you enjoy it!
MB member #2568
Kurt
Dealer

Post by Kurt »

Poodles seem to like riding Buddies! Here's another that lives near me:
<a href="http://urbanvillagescooters.com">Urban Village Scooters</a>
700 South Clinton Ave.
Rochester, NY 14620
585-643-5540
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

ericalm wrote:I've definitely been enjoying the beautiful days we've been having here (in between rainy days).

Ah, I see you haven't ridden in So AZ yet. We have beautiful temps almost year-round and don't have to worry about "in between rainy days." :D

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Howardr wrote:
ericalm wrote:I've definitely been enjoying the beautiful days we've been having here (in between rainy days).

Ah, I see you haven't ridden in So AZ yet. We have beautiful temps almost year-round and don't have to worry about "in between rainy days." :D

Howard
No 90+ summer temps in Tucson? Can you ride from mountains to the beach on the same day? :P
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
UnionZac

Post by UnionZac »

Last night the weather was really warm, and still was this morning, and low and behold all the motorcyclists are out today... of course there were also alot more scooters out there today.
Angela

Re: Perfect in San Diego

Post by Angela »

rickko wrote:
Angela wrote:Now if I can figure out how to carry a 30lb bag of dog food and a 60lb spazz of a greyhound on my scooter I will get rid of the car.
Well, he isn't 60 lbs but he does like to ride on the floorboard. :D

Solidly attach a milk crate to your rear rack and put the dog food in there.

Have fun!
..rickko..
I did have a milk crate and the boyfriend would pick up dog food with it. Now I have a Givi top case and that can't fit the food. Guess that's why the car is here.
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

ericalm wrote:
Howardr wrote:

Howard
No 90+ summer temps in Tucson? Can you ride from mountains to the beach on the same day? :P
3 hours to the beach in Mexico, 1 hour to the mountains where the temps can be 20-30 degrees cooler than here in the valley. And, again, very few rainy days, no earthquakes, hurricanes or tornados either for that matter.
Oh, did I mention that you can still buy a 3BR, 2Ba house for under 125k if you chose?

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
PeterC

Perfect

Post by PeterC »

Yes, we do get summer temps in the triple digits here in southern AZ, sometimes for 30 days in a row. But all the winterlopers have left for Minnesota, Washington State, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc., so we have to deal with only our own crop of Helen Keller impersonators.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Howardr wrote:
ericalm wrote:
Howardr wrote: Ah, I see you haven't ridden in So AZ yet. We have beautiful temps almost year-round and don't have to worry about "in between rainy days." :D

Howard
3 hours to the beach in Mexico, 1 hour to the mountains where the temps can be 20-30 degrees cooler than here in the valley. And, again, very few rainy days, no earthquakes, hurricanes or tornados either for that matter.
Oh, did I mention that you can still buy a 3BR, 2Ba house for under 125k if you chose?

Howard
About a 10 minute ride to the beaches of Lake Michigan. About a 10 hour ride to the closest mountains in Tenn. The climate can vary from 100+ and humid in the summer to as cold as -28 deg and lots of snow in the winter. Hmmmmm, I guess I'm out of this nicest place to live and scoot competition. :D

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I will be racking up the miles this week....

>check it< 8)
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

ericalm wrote:
Howardr wrote:

Howard
I think with all the sand we're technically all beach. Basically from one side to the other we're one giant beach.

And in the end, it's only 115 for a few hours and those are prime margarita/siesta hours.