Please Join/View the Flickr Group

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

riancurtis

Please Join/View the Flickr Group

Post by riancurtis »

I love Flickr. if you dont know what it is, it is just a site where you can post sweet pictures of your sweet lives.
I LOVE that Eric (i think) started a Flickr Buddy Group.
I wish/want EVERYONE to join up on flickr and post some pictures on there
we have 86 members and 236 pictures already so any new people who did not know about it, it is a beautiful beautiful thing.

FLICKR BUDDY GROUP FOR LIFE!!!!!
http://flickr.com/groups/97555715@N00/
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Wahoo, thanks, Rian. It's in my sig, but that hasn't changed in so long it's invisible to most by now. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
hackett

Post by hackett »

Hah! I think I actually joined the flickr group before I found MB.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

hackett wrote:Hah! I think I actually joined the flickr group before I found MB.
It's viral marketing. Or something like that.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
hackett

Post by hackett »

Come to think of it, I may have found MB through the flickr group...
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

It works!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

bump!
BeachBuzz

Post by BeachBuzz »

I've created my Flickr account, uploaded pics, joined the group, tried to attach an image using the Image format and all I can see when I preview or submit is the dreaded red X

what am I doing wrong??
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

BeachBuzz wrote:I've created my Flickr account, uploaded pics, joined the group, tried to attach an image using the Image format and all I can see when I preview or submit is the dreaded red X

what am I doing wrong??
Not sure but try this. Flickr can be a little tricky. Click the pic in your photostream that you want to post. Then click the "all sizes" button at the top of it. Choose the size you want to post and then down below, you'll see "2. Grab the photo's URL:" and there you will see what to put inside the [img] tags.

Not sure if that helps, but hope it does!!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BeachBuzz wrote:I've created my Flickr account, uploaded pics, joined the group, tried to attach an image using the Image format and all I can see when I preview or submit is the dreaded red X

what am I doing wrong??
Flickr attaches some extraneous code to the file names that our forum software can't read. The file name needs to end in the actual extension: : .gif, .jpg, .png. When posting an image hosted on Flickr, the URL will frequently end in "?v=0" or something similar. To post the image, just remove that bit from the URL so the name ends in ".jpg".

If that's not the issue, PM me the URL for the image and I'll take a look!
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

ericalm wrote:

what am I doing wrong??
Flickr attaches some extraneous code to the file names that our forum software can't read. The file name needs to end in the actual extension: : .gif, .jpg, .png. When posting an image hosted on Flickr, the URL will frequently end in "?v=0" or something similar. To post the image, just remove that bit from the URL so the name ends in ".jpg".

That's what I was thinking but they seem to have made it easy with the url now after the "all sizes" button. I can't find those extra characters in the url anymore. But maybe they are somewhere - I couldn't find them to post them!!
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Oh man, I almost forgot about this! I haven't uploaded pics in 10 months... :oops:

I'm doing it right now.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

jmazza wrote:
ericalm wrote:

what am I doing wrong??

That's what I was thinking but they seem to have made it easy with the url now after the "all sizes" button. I can't find those extra characters in the url anymore. But maybe they are somewhere - I couldn't find them to post them!!
I think they only appear when you grab the image URL from the main page.
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

interesting :D
BeachBuzz

Post by BeachBuzz »

jmazza wrote:
ericalm wrote:

what am I doing wrong??

thanks JMAZZA I have seen the light :idea: