KMAX Genuine Color matched topcase

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Ipso_no_facto

KMAX Genuine Color matched topcase

Post by Ipso_no_facto »

So, I been thinking about getting the Genuine color matched KMAX top-case. Know Ill need to get a 3 bar BBQ rack too. Its kinda cheap that Genuine only gives you the tiny "oh shit" bar rack, that by design it seems, unable to hold anything, including the hands of a passenger, but I digress. Does anyone have any experience with these, has installed them, or knows where to get them cheaper than the $250 I see at most places? Want to get Chrome and not black rack. I have seen them at $104 and $144 respectively. Anybody have problems with either? The case coming off at the first bump? Or that it changes the performance of the KICK. I installed a windscreen this month and with the top case next month, I dont know that I'm not slowly building a big sail to be pushed around by the Phoenix wind. Anyone have any experience with this top case
BayStateScooterist

Re: KMAX Genuine Color matched topcase

Post by BayStateScooterist »

Both my wife and I run a K-MAX 30L top case on our Buddy 125 and 150. It's proportionally the right size for the scooters offering good storage utility. Both of our scooters also have front Cuppini windshields. No stability problems with both even at 65MPH.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

My friend has a K-Max 30 liter top box. Boring black to match his black 125 Buddy. He bought the scooter used, came with the trunk and windscreen. That top case impressed me with its overall quality and fit and finish. I'm a SHAD snob and my wife runs GIVI, and she commented on the K-Max.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

I have the color matched K-Max case on my Kick. Been using it for just over a year now. No problems. Mount seems quite solid.
Buddy Kick, Vespa GTS/ABS, Buddy 125 (my SO's ride)
Ipso_no_facto

Post by Ipso_no_facto »

Hey, thanks for your reply. By any chance was it a D.I.Y. install on that Top case? or the rack to support it? A bit concerned about taking out the "trunk" insert to get the rack on that will accommodate the Genuine case. Anyways, if you did any of the work putting that thing on, let me know how it went, thanks.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

It was installed as a freebie by the dealer, so no install clues to give you.
Buddy Kick, Vespa GTS/ABS, Buddy 125 (my SO's ride)