Buddy 50 carb float measurement

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BigJeff

Buddy 50 carb float measurement

Post by BigJeff »

Anyone know the Dimension for the float on the bottom picture of the attached picture?

Image[/i]
tenders

Post by tenders »

This is a good question because the PB series of carburetors is Keihin's line of manufacturer-determined carbs, the jets are NOT compatible with the more common PJ/PE series, and for whatever reason PGO (nor Genuine) never chose to publish that float level number.

I was fussing with my '09 carb this spring, trying to solve a little dead spot in the throttle, and in the course of completely disassembling the carb, couldn't find that number either. Keihin was responsive only to the point of telling me it was PGO's responsibility to publish its specs. I ended up buying a brand new carb which completely solved whatever ailed the original one, but measured that number before installing it.

And that number: 5/8", or 15.9mm. In other words, the float bowl bottom edge hangs that far below the flange when it is held in the mounted position.
buzzvert

Post by buzzvert »

This is the kind of user information that builds a community. Good stuff.
BigJeff

Post by BigJeff »

Thank you so much.
tenders

Re: Buddy 50 carb float measurement

Post by tenders »

The terms for this measurement are “float level”, and “carb float level,” and “carburetor float level,” so that this comes up in searches.