Honda gets totally serious with 350 ADV Scooter

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Honda gets totally serious with 350 ADV Scooter

Post by jrsjr »

I know it sounds like "something I done heard on the internet," but apparently this is no joke. I got this from ADV rider. Here is the link to the article and their pic.
Attachments
HondaADV350Scooter.jpg
eggsalad

Re: Honda gets totally serious with 350 ADV Scooter

Post by eggsalad »

The ADV150 is $4700, including destination charge. That means the 350 will be what, $6k? Ouch. I predict most of these will be seen on hitch carriers behind $150,000+ RVs.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

And you'll see one in my garage if it gets good reviews, especially in the ergonomics dept. I love me some wire wheels as well! This I would spend the money on.
eggsalad

Post by eggsalad »

We live in interesting times... In most of the world, new scooter development is entirely focused on electric scooters. And here comes Honda, with an entirely new take on the gas scooter. Fascinating times.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I have a ebike that will do 32mph. I've actually been riding it much more than my Liberty. But its realistic range is 25 miles before needing a 6 hour charge. The technology is moving forward for escooters and emotorcycles but I don't feel its 100% there yet. So if I replace my Liberty with something bigger and faster it will be gasoline powered. If the Honda ADV 350 scooter gets bad ergonomic reviews or gets shelved by Honda (like all the other cool large scooters that will sell poorly in America) than I'll just keep my Liberty. I'm set on Honda because I have a great dealer close to my home (unlike the Piaggio dealer being 100 miles away) and I'm tired of doing my own service work.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I'd like an ADV scoot, but not for regular trail riding. I would use the extra ground clearance and suspension travel for off road detours around the daily traffic jams.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI