Royal Alloy Grand Prix 300 S

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

scootERIK

Royal Alloy Grand Prix 300 S

Post by scootERIK »

Word on the street is the Royal Alloy GP300 is shipping in April, AND the retail price is $5699!

In my opinion $5699 is a pretty darn good price. Hopefully there will be some good colors available.

I'm going to do my best to get a test ride when the local dealer gets them in.
Last edited by scootERIK on Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
scootERIK

Re: Royal Alloy GP300 coming in April!

Post by scootERIK »

I just found some pictures! I like both colors, I would probably go with black since most of my scooters have been black but that white is nice too.

85 mph top speed means it should be able to easily cruise 55-65 mph all day. It's nice to see it has ABS.

I think they have a typo on the 2.1v usb charger, I think that should be 5v at 2.1 amp?

sc00ter

Re: Royal Alloy Grand Prix 300 S coming in April!

Post by sc00ter »

Is this thru Genuine still? Hope my shop gets one. They never had a 150 RA to my knowledge.
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

sc00ter wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:21 pm Is this thru Genuine still? Hope my shop gets one. They never had a 150 RA to my knowledge.
Yes, this is a Genuine scooter, or at least a Genuine imported scooter. From what I saw I believe each dealer can get 2 if they want from this first delivery.

If anyone is serious about buying one you need to get to your dealer right away. Within minutes of my local dealer posting one was already sold.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I also read that the motor is GTS derived, though not the HPE version. I've been meaning to check out my better Genuine dealers new showroom. Might have an excuse now.
Racer50

Post by Racer50 »

I think I've seen these listed on UK dealers sites, they look awesome and must be good if they are Genuine.
2022 Roughhouse 50
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

I was on the Genuine website and decided to do a little digging and I found out that the Royal Alloy 300 has been added. But you can only get to it by typing in the web address, or you can use this link-
http://www.genuinescooters.com/grandprix300s.html
Racer50

Post by Racer50 »

The UK sites show a bunch of color options. Cant wait to see one live.
2022 Roughhouse 50
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I had planned on getting a mid size motorcycle this summer, but the Royal Alloy 300 may be a real contender for me.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
tenders

Post by tenders »

Could somebody explain the allure of a carbureted [edit: my bad, it is indeed fuel injected] 300cc scooter with no underseat storage? I hope Genuine sells a million of them, and carburetors are not an issue for me personally, but I just don’t get the value proposition when the BV 400 exists (not to mention used GTS 300s).

I fear Genuine may be going down a path of death by a thousand SKUs. There are no efficiency or branding benefits on this path. I see the logic in having an electric brand (NIU), a small displacement brand (Buddy/RH), and a large displacement brand (RA), but their lineup is developing so much duplication, interference, and overlap that it’s hard to discern what’s going on.

Maybe all the operational scale comes from the size of their suppliers, but they still have to have a retail brand that makes some sense for people to know what to expect. Brio? Chicago? Kick? Urbano? Rattler? Hooligan? Total confusion vs. Honda, Yamaha, Piaggio/Vespa.
Last edited by tenders on Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scooteoverdaddy

Post by Scooteoverdaddy »

I believe that the 300's are fuel injected
Scooteoverdaddy

Secured my Black 300GP for April!
tenders

Post by tenders »

Scooteoverdaddy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:22 pm I believe that the 300's are fuel injected
Whoops, yes indeed it is FI. I understand the 300 a little better. I still don’t get the carbed 150 though.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Both efi and carbs have benefits, depending on your situation.

If you want to modify the engine, get a carbureted scoot.
If you want to be able to kick start the scoot when the battery is dead, get a scoot with a carb (there are a few exceptions)

If you want to just enjoy riding a scoot with a stock engine, by all means get efi!
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

Scooteoverdaddy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:28 pm Secured my Black 300GP for April!
That's the one I would get.
Scooteoverdaddy

Wish they would offer up some more color options, such as the matte silver. Black is nice though
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

Scooteoverdaddy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:31 pm Wish they would offer up some more color options, such as the matte silver. Black is nice though
Or green like this-

Racer50

Post by Racer50 »

They should be offering the UK color options eventually. I would go for the blue metallic.
2022 Roughhouse 50
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Scooteoverdaddy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:31 pm Wish they would offer up some more color options, such as the matte silver. Black is nice though
That is pretty typical of new models.
You can add some color with aftermarket grips, top case, cheeky seat, etc.

My wife wanted an aqua (sea foam?) colored Buddy at purchase time, but we could not find one in stock.
She bought a white buddy and added an aqua cheeky seat cover.
She has been very happy with that.
Scooteoverdaddy

I can't imagine waiting any longer for the new colors. I have already been waiting since last April. Ill be okay with the black
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

Owner's manual is up on the Genuine website - https://www.dropbox.com/s/tq09oxct2papq ... 2.pdf?dl=0
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Its finally April. Did anybody see a Royal Alloy 300 at their Genuine dealer this weekend? I hope so.

Below is a link to a recent mid size scooter shootout. Even though the Royal Alloy has a 100cc displacement disadvantage compared to the Burgy and BV, it would have been nice if they could have included it. The RA costs a couple of grand less, but should have compared favorably.

https://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/s ... urgman-400
Racer50

Post by Racer50 »

They havent been added to my local dealer's in stock inventory yet.
2022 Roughhouse 50
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

wheelbender6 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:37 am Its finally April. Did anybody see a Royal Alloy 300 at their Genuine dealer this weekend? I hope so.
I heard a rumor that they could show up in another week(at a dealer within 100 miles of Chicago.)
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I will make the pilgrimage on 2 wheels when the RA 300 arrives in Houston. Its over 20 miles one way to my local dealer. Probably 60 traffic lights one way.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

If my dealer gets one it's 100 miles each way. My choices are boring freeway or rural route. Either way, if they get one I'm going to check it out. May even take the Liberty.
Scooteoverdaddy

Was told that the 300's are indeed on U.S. soil, but held up on the railway temporarily, then hopefully on to the dealers by the first week in May.
Often from what I have read, is that the dealers have no idea when it gets there, until it gets there. Let's see what the truck delivered today as they are opening crates. The sadistic side of me wants to hold on for the British colors, while the true me who has been waiting, it seems like 4 ever just wants to park his ass on the black Royal Alloy GP300 pronto!
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I found out the motor is a Chinese made GTS pre-HPE. That doesn't really concern me because the British press have had these for awhile and I don't recall reading about any problems with the motors BUT I have one China company that I will forever stay away from. CFMoto! Yuck! I'm trying to find out if their the manufacturers of said Royal Alloy motor but I highly doubt it. I'm still waiting for my local dealer to get one on the sales floor.
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

The GP300 S is showing up at dealers.

Sorry about the poor picture quality, I need a better camera.

Going up on the lift to get prepped for the customer-
TTaM

Post by TTaM »

Yea, I was on the list at my local RA dealer to call when they got it. He has 5 now. 3 are presold and 2 are on the floor for sale now. One in each color. Might need to check them out this weekend.
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

Got to take a GP 300 S out for a quick test ride today(the white one in the picture below.) While only a short ride I was overall quite impressed. Lots of power and it felt good in the corners, though this was a basically new scooter with only 250 miles on it so I didn't hammer on it too hard. Acceleration felt very similar to the 2018 Vespa GTS 300 I test rode a few weeks ago, it doesn't feel like it is accelerating hard but when you look down you can see how fast the MPH are going up. I didn't test top speed but the owner saw 85 MPH(speedometer indicated) and it still had some more in it. The GP300 seems like a pretty darn smooth scooter. After this test ride I am even more interest in getting one.

Two Royal Alloy GP 300 S scooters-
Scooteoverdaddy

I own a Black 300 GP, Love it
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

Someone is already selling their GP300! https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 2616586322

Looks like it has been up for sale for ~4 weeks. Even has some mods done. In my opinion the price is pretty good too. I am curious why it is up for sale, and how many miles it has.

*I don't know the seller, I just found it interesting that a GP300 is already up for sale.
scootERIK

Re: Royal Alloy Grand Prix 300 S

Post by scootERIK »

Has anyone heard when the next batch of GP300 scooters will start showing up?

I keep hoping that more Royal Alloy owners will join the site and share their experience. I have done a little looking around to find more reviews from US owners but there's not many out there. If any GP300 owners are reading this let us know what kind of real world MPG, MPH, and miles per tank you are getting and how many miles you have ridden? And how are you liking the scooter overall after putting some miles on it?
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

The Genuine site has three new colors listed for the GP300s. Azure Blue, Creme/Burgundy, and Sherwood Green. We will have to wait to see what the creme/burgundy will look like but I was able to find the other two colors. I think that blue is going to be a good seller.

Azure Blue-

Sherwood Green? not 100% on this one-
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I'll never get to see one. My 2 Genuine dealers will never carry them. One is more interested in selling motorcycles now and the other dealer only cares about 50cc scooters. I guess I can dream....
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

The new colors are now in the US. Pictures have started to show up on facebook. I will have to take a ride to the local dealer to see if they have them in yet.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

My semi-local Genuine dealer got the new RA300's in stock. I might go check them out one day. My wife will rightfully remind me that the dealer, should I need warranty help, is 100 miles away. Then she will remind me how haphazard their service side is. Then she'll point out that there is no under seat storage on the RA300. But I still want to see one in person.
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

Has anyone on Modern Buddy bought a Royal Alloy 300?