sacramento and parts north, CA

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

EvilNerdLord

sacramento and parts north, CA

Post by EvilNerdLord »

Anyone around parts want to get together and ride? or chill and chat at starbucks?

:?:
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
GregsBuddy

Post by GregsBuddy »

Herr Overlord.
Rode my Honda Silverwing from Fairfield to Williams on Tuesday, but would not consider riding the Buddy 170 that far. Would otherwise enjoy chatting up your way. My riding mate and I met some gents who came down from Paradise to have my mate test their BMW 'bike.
Hope you find a 'scoot mate up there!
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

my dealer is in Vacaville , I've been noodling the idea of trying to ride there from here, but can't easily get past Davis...

maybe we can meet at UCD? or woodland?
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
GregsBuddy

Post by GregsBuddy »

Hi Overlord.
I used MapQuest, bicycling directions for Fairfield to Davis and it was many short 90 degree left/right jogs across the valley. I see what you mean. Not good/fun scooting.
We have the same dealer. Have you had good fortunes with them?
There's good scooting here with lakes, mountains and nice roads to ride.
I suspect the riding in Marysville is also good.
How about meeting at a Starbucks or (?) in Davis for lunch and chatting a bit to see if there's riding chemistry?
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

GregsBuddy wrote:Hi Overlord.
I used MapQuest, bicycling directions for Fairfield to Davis and it was many short 90 degree left/right jogs across the valley. I see what you mean. Not good/fun scooting.
How about meeting at a Starbucks or (?) in Davis for lunch and chatting a bit to see if there's riding chemistry?
Other than the distance to get to vacaville for service, i've had no problems with the dealer, they did my break in service and a broken horn wire fix (warranty, no charge)...besides, their border collies like me (they know I'm an easy mark for play time...).

if you use bing maps, you trace your own route, most 'bicycle route' options tend to send you you into..unusual...situations.

Davis would be fine, I actually have a pretty direct route to it (hwy 113 to powerline in knightslanding)..then there is zamora, haven't been there yet, woodland, etc..your choice.
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

GregsBuddy wrote:Hi Overlord.
Other than the distance to get to vacaville for service, i've had no problems with the dealer, they did my break in service and a broken horn wire fix (warranty, no charge)...besides, their border collies like me (they know I'm an easy mark for play time...).

if you use bing maps, you trace your own route, most 'bicycle route' options tend to send you you into..unusual...situations.

Davis would be fine, I actually have a pretty direct route to it (hwy 113 to powerline in knightslanding)..then there is zamora, haven't been there yet, woodland, etc..your choice.
GregsBuddy

Post by GregsBuddy »

I'm on bing map. The walking guy takes the same route from Mapquest.
How do you vary the directions?
How does Tuesday at lunch work for your schedule?
Mocha Guy 70

Vacaville To Sacramento

Post by Mocha Guy 70 »

I live in Winters - moved here recently from Sacramento - and have been thinking how to get there from here on my new Buddy 170i without riding on the freeway (chicken!). My plan, when I'm ready, is to go through Woodland via county roads, then head east out of town from Main Street, along the Sacramento River to West Sacramento, and crossing the river on the "I" Street Bridge. Might not be the straightest route, but a little extra scooting can't be bad...
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

Sorry for the delayed response,
I have had my knee replacement and now the Achilles surgery (same leg) so I'm lamed up for at least the next month or so.
RaySally

Re: sacramento and parts north, CA

Post by RaySally »

Oh!
Sorry for what you went through.
You must be recovering from it well by now, right?
Arnkatla

Re: sacramento and parts north, CA

Post by Arnkatla »

He must be back.