Where to get a rear brake drum?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Bismuthsheep

Where to get a rear brake drum?

Post by Bismuthsheep »

Hello again!

My rear brake drum seems to be warped. It has that distinctive "catching" behavior. I have cleaned both it and the pads thoroughly with brake cleaner and scrubbing to no avail.

The problem is, I cannot find a rear brake drum sold in the US for the life of me! I can find plenty overseas with $40+ shipping costs attached. I am also a bit wary on what brands are good or bad.

Any recommendations?
tev

Re: Where to get a rear brake drum?

Post by tev »

Bismuthsheep wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:00 am Hello again!

The problem is, I cannot find a rear brake drum sold in the US for the life of me! I can find plenty overseas with $40+ shipping costs attached. I am also a bit wary on what brands are good or bad.

Any recommendations?
from what i understand, any large frame 70s or 80s vespa brake drum should fit. i believe that was the point of the Stella, to have all the parts be interchangeable. i mean, to a certain point.
stella 4t & a p200e
Bismuthsheep

Post by Bismuthsheep »

I should have mentioned, I have been looking at p series drums this whole time. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places haha, or my price expectations are unrealistic.
tev

Post by tev »

try the ebay.
stella 4t & a p200e
GoSlash27

Post by GoSlash27 »