ECS light ON

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jrlodi

ECS light ON

Post by jrlodi »

Hi.

New here... bought a Stella Automatic 125 4T, and it have under then 700km on the road, so it's pretty new.
The ECS light starts to blink 3 times (3 times, stop, 3 times, stop...) a few moments after riding.
Anyone knows what to do? Or any international website were I can buy parts (if needed). I'm from Brazil, sorry for bad english.

Thanks.
Mr.FixIt

Re: ECS light ON

Post by Mr.FixIt »

This will help you decode the flashes.
I'm interpreting the flashes per the link below as a problem with Engine Temperature Sensor.
Check the wiring to the sensor first.
If it only happens after riding, check to see that the engine is not overheating, and has plenty of airflow. Small rodents like to build nests, and sometimes things can get dirty in the air passages. I assume the scooter has the stock exhaust, right?

https://search13.com/genuine-stella-scooter/

Your English is better than my Portuguese, my friend.
Eric
(aka Mr. Fix It)
Chicagorider73

Post by Chicagorider73 »

I own a 2014 stella 125cc automatic..the first year I ran it with 20w40 and the ecs would blink often..no biggie really but when I emailed the the company that helped design the engine it seems that the engine should be running with 20w50 oil grade...so for the past 2 years I have using 20w50 full synthetic and it had made a major difference on the light blinking..it now only blinks from time to time..and it's typically when there is extreme temperature changes outside..( mornings or late nights) otherwise it's made a noticeable difference..if you look on the dipstick and you should also see the markings 20w50...hopefully anyone else who happens to try switching to 20w50 has the same benefits I had...good luck..
jrlodi

Post by jrlodi »

I'm riding with a 20w50 MINERAL oil. Maybe should I change it for a synthetic one? Thanks for helping.
Chicagorider73 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:09 am I own a 2014 stella 125cc automatic..the first year I ran it with 20w40 and the ecs would blink often..no biggie really but when I emailed the the company that helped design the engine it seems that the engine should be running with 20w50 oil grade...so for the past 2 years I have using 20w50 full synthetic and it had made a major difference on the light blinking..it now only blinks from time to time..and it's typically when there is extreme temperature changes outside..( mornings or late nights) otherwise it's made a noticeable difference..if you look on the dipstick and you should also see the markings 20w50...hopefully anyone else who happens to try switching to 20w50 has the same benefits I had...good luck..
jrlodi

Post by jrlodi »

Hi,
I have changed the oil to a 20W50 100% synthetic and the light keeps flashing...
Wondering if it can be related to the idle speed adjustment. Any ideas?