Introduction - Stella 4T in Chicago

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

axman88

Introduction - Stella 4T in Chicago

Post by axman88 »

Hello,
I'm a new member of the forum, a long time 2 wheel rider, but this is my first scooter. I recently bought a Stella 4T, built in 2011, with 4400 miles on the odometer. I also own several motorcycles, including a Royal Enfield Classic 500.

I'm currently working through the various issues that any vehicle can acquire over a decade, so far,
- Replaced the Sava whitewalls with a pair of Michelin S83's.
- Changed the oil, Shell Rotella T5 15W-40.
- Fixed the seat latch, had to bash the bracket mounting the rear rack into a shape that would allow the latch to engage.
- Diagnose faulty front brake light switch and order replacement.
- There's an issue with the electric start, hopefully just dirty solenoid contacts, she starts nicely with the kicker.
- Cosmetics on the right side need some attention.
- I want to add running lights for better visibility.

I enjoy the scooter, lots of fun, and very maneuverable for my urban commuting lifestyle.

I would have attached a picture, but getting a "file too large" message, even though the file size is just 250Kb. Perhaps this is a nooby restriction?
tev

Re: Introduction - Stella 4T in Chicago

Post by tev »

welcome axman88
i’m relatively new here as well. and similar your situation… recently picked up a 2012 4t with loads of little issues that seem to come and go as they please.
congratulations on your stella. it’s the one in the profile pic i presume? windscreen AND backrest?! i’m jealous. looks to be a sweet ride. and also… i’ve been admiring the bullet 500s for since u first came across them in los angeles around 2011, just haven’t been able to save up for one.
again, welcome and happy scootin’
stella 4t & a p200e
Chicagorider73

Post by Chicagorider73 »

Do both of you still have your stellas?
axman88

Post by axman88 »

Chicagorider73 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:15 am Do both of you still have your stellas?
I have mine, riding it today. Was on it in last summer's Slaughterhouse Scooter Rally, the 28th annual. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOY8RQSanPw
2011 Stella 150
crankin

Post by crankin »

I'm new to the forum as well (just found the forum tonight). I purchased a 2013 Stella 4T two years ago. Only had 860 miles on it. It had been sitting for a few years so I syphoned the old gas and replaced with new, changed the oil and all filters, new plug, cleaned the carb/jets, and a few minor adjustments and she runs like new. It's been fun to ride and looking forward to learning more through the forum.
tev

Post by tev »

Chicagorider73 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:15 am Do both of you still have your stellas?
the clutch went out on my Stella a few months ago but i had a back-up ride i’d picked up a few months earlier, ‘81 vespa P200e. the vespa hasn’t given me a lick of a problem…. even after being totaled in an intersection. that took a weekend to rebuild from scavenged parts, thanks to Working Class SC in Santa Rosa.
but yes, it’s time to get the Stella back on the road.
stella 4t & a p200e