*** Now w/ PICS*** Question about '05 Atomic Fireball Stella

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

trippingpawns

*** Now w/ PICS*** Question about '05 Atomic Fireball Stella

Post by trippingpawns »

Hey everyone!

I am new to these scooters and am helping a friend with her 2005 Atomic Fireball Edition Stella (150?).

It is torn apart and missing some parts and it is my goal to help her get this thing running. I am running into some issues just figuring out the carb side of things. Most of the Stella's I'm seeing have a AOM/oil pump where this scooter doesn't have that nor does it have a place for one. The throttle cable attaches to the carb directly. I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction and hopefully that will clue me in on all of the rest of the parts I will need.

Thanks in advance for any help at all,
Trip
Last edited by trippingpawns on Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guff

Post by Guff »

You could always go the route of a new carb. Pretty inexpensive fix and then you know where you stand. There's also a Fire Ball group on Facebook. You could try there.
trippingpawns

Pictures of the Scooter

Post by trippingpawns »

Here are some photos to help identify hopefully.
Attachments
And a front shot
And a front shot
Front.jpg (193.38 KiB) Viewed 6632 times
A side shot showing off the sweet Atomic Fireball decal work
A side shot showing off the sweet Atomic Fireball decal work
Drive Side.jpg (163.55 KiB) Viewed 6632 times
Here is what the motor is looking like.
Here is what the motor is looking like.
Motor Side.jpg (192.88 KiB) Viewed 6632 times
Here is the carb in question. As you can see this has no separate oil pump (like all the parts diagrams I'm seeing).
Here is the carb in question. As you can see this has no separate oil pump (like all the parts diagrams I'm seeing).
Carb.jpg (180.46 KiB) Viewed 6632 times
trippingpawns

Guff

Post by trippingpawns »

I don't believe there to be any need to replace the carb. I am just having a hard time finding parts / diagrams for this style of carb. All the ones that I am seeing have the oil pump sitting inside the air box with the carb.
mjrally

Post by mjrally »

With that style box/housing with no oil pump you could just premix the oil into the gas and call it good. Someone has definitely stole parts before selling it to your friend. The electric starter is gone, a different flywheel is installed. Maybe the wrong electrical junction box?

If you remove the carb and box do you see the oil pump spindle below it? If those gears are missing in the engine case it’s gonna be $$$ to replace those AND buy a new box with the pump.