brand new RH owner

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

brothergc

brand new RH owner

Post by brothergc »

Hello !
My 1st post here and I wanted to say hello !
I Just came from the dealer today with a brand new 2019 RH
Lovin it so far . I had the dealer de restrict it . I was going to do it myself BUT he said " it will void your warranty" so I folded and let him do it . He wanted to charge me 150 bucks :roll: but haggled Him down to half price .
Even then That was kinda pricey IMO .
Drove it home and wow this thing screams ! :D hitting 45+ on straight ways and awesome takeoffs off the line .
Thought that the RH would be some kids toy but I'm surprised I'm 5 ft 8in 200 lbs and it handles me quite well more then fast enough for putting around town .
I do have a question , I see this forum and my manual says " black cat edition " Huh ? Whats that ? The bike says RH is that just some color scheme?
I wanted the sport edition but the dealer had none , just standard RH left in stock and I snatched Her up LOL .
Another question is it possible to buy the rattler rear shock by itself and swap it with mine ? looks like cake to do but will it fit ?
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Hello! Welcome to Modern Buddy where we <3 the RH.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

Welcome to the forum. It is a great place for scooter information, whether you stay with the Roughhouse or add something else. Many of the folks on Modern Buddy have multiple scooters from a wide variety of brands so fire away with those questions.

The Roughhouse is a great scooter. The Black Cat 50cc that you asked about was a special edition scooter from Genuine that they produced in 2006 in conjunction with Black Cat fireworks. https://www.motorscooterguide.net/Genui ... at-50.html It was marketed as a more premium version of the Genuine Rattler 50cc. These scoots evolved into the current Roughhouse 50cc. I actually own a Black Cat but it's been repainted away from the original paint job.

I would bet that most of the Rattler 50 and Roughhouse Sport parts would fit the regular Roughhouse and that doing the shock replacement would be easy if you have any mechanical skill.
Attachments
blackcat_front_mainphoto_320-3.jpg
blackcat_front_mainphoto_320-3.jpg (21.72 KiB) Viewed 7028 times
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Welcome to the forums! I know it's tempting to blast up to full speed, but if your bike isn't broken in yet, you really do need to take it easy. Otherwise, you'll soon be posting about needing a new top end, and how it should have lasted longer.
brothergc

Post by brothergc »

Stanza wrote:Welcome to the forums! I know it's tempting to blast up to full speed, but if your bike isn't broken in yet, you really do need to take it easy. Otherwise, you'll soon be posting about needing a new top end, and how it should have lasted longer.
oh I been backing off quite a bit but I could not resist at least one try to see what she will do . I been keeping it at about 30-35
brothergc

Post by brothergc »

cummingsjc wrote:Welcome to the forum. It is a great place for scooter information, whether you stay with the Roughhouse or add something else. Many of the folks on Modern Buddy have multiple scooters from a wide variety of brands so fire away with those questions.

The Roughhouse is a great scooter. The Black Cat 50cc that you asked about was a special edition scooter from Genuine that they produced in 2006 in conjunction with Black Cat fireworks. https://www.motorscooterguide.net/Genui ... at-50.html It was marketed as a more premium version of the Genuine Rattler 50cc. These scoots evolved into the current Roughhouse 50cc. I actually own a Black Cat but it's been repainted away from the original paint job.

I would bet that most of the Rattler 50 and Roughhouse Sport parts would fit the regular Roughhouse and that doing the shock replacement would be easy if you have any mechanical skill.
cool now I need to track one down . the reason I want to replace the rear shock is that it has already bottomed out a few times I am hoping that upgrading the rear shock will help
waliwiw

Re: brand new RH owner

Post by waliwiw »

My scooter broke down a year after the purchase, I want to say. I'm sure it's like I don't know how to handle him properly... :(
Clydeo

Post by Clydeo »

Genuine 2 strokes are pretty simple, but almost all 2strokes can be a bit finicky. What’s not working on your RH? It is probably something simple.
Suzuki TUx 250, Kawasaki Vulcan 900 LT, Genuine Buddy 50 “Brit”
Racer50

Post by Racer50 »

I just picked up a RH 50. I've ridden it once so far as it's been cold and the roads are salty. Cant wait to ride it when the weather breaks.
2022 Roughhouse 50