getting a leftover rh50...2T oil ???

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kmrcstintn

getting a leftover rh50...2T oil ???

Post by kmrcstintn »

after a few years away from scootmagoots I will be getting a leftover 2020 or 2021 roughhouse rh50; recently heard the 2T oil standard from genuine changed...I was told it had to be full synthetic; is this true? any recommendations of what to use? what is acceptable to use for emergency topoffs when away from home or no access to preferred brand?
did anyone get the license plate number of the bus that just hit me?!?
scootERIK

Re: getting a leftover rh50...2T oil ???

Post by scootERIK »

The manual calls for full synthetic or semi-synthetic JASO FD 2-stroke (2-cycle) oil. http://www.genuinescooters.com/assets/P ... Manual.pdf

Genuine sells it - https://www.scooterworks.com/Genuine-2T ... gJlLfD_BwE
Racer50

Post by Racer50 »

I ordered a liter of Motul 710 full synthetic 2t for mine. The dealer only filled the reservoir halfway, so I'll be needing it soon.
2022 Roughhouse 50
tenders

Post by tenders »

I use Motul 710 full synthetic too. Not sure about the need for “emergency topoffs.” When the oil light starts to flutter on you have hundreds of miles of oil left in the tank. If you’re traveling that far on your 50cc, fill up the tank before you leave!
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

'emergency topoffs' means low tank light goes off when I'm not at home where my oil stash is at & stopping somewhere to get some 2t oil; my solution will be carrying a small supply of whateveroil I buy in a 16-20oz soda bottle...

the most common synthetic 2t power sports oil nearby is Amsoil...with Dominator & Interceptor being most common; if I widen my scope then Ski-Doo & Polaris dealers (snowmobile) and major brand outdoor power equipment dealers, the possibilities of JASO-FD choices can become dizzying...
Racer50

Post by Racer50 »

I usually carry some oil in a small chainsaw oil container that holds about 4 oz.for my premix bikes. I may not need to for the RH, I can keep an eye on the tank and top it off easily enough. May he better to use a thin long funnel to avoid spilling.
2022 Roughhouse 50
Diverdown5

Post by Diverdown5 »

Lucas 2T synthetic meets all specs. i have pulled the plug after various mods, and have always been greeted with a nice carmel plug. Pretty compeitive price wise.
Racer50

Post by Racer50 »

Probably cheaper than the Motul and an easy buy at walmart or an auto parts store.
2022 Roughhouse 50
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

thanks everybody...there are 2 Genuine dealers in my area (within 15 miles riding distance); one sells Belray semisynthetic 2t & Genuine synthetic 2t & the one I have a standing relationship with sells a full line of Amsoil formulas including 2t injector oil, saber for pre-mix, interceptor, and dominator; all new 2t scoots & used stock/lightly modded scoots get Amsoil 2t injector oil...the shop keeps some Belray mineral 2t oil for older scoots, mopeds, and bicycle kits where owners request it; I'll give the Lucas a look over after break-in