Speed restrictor on Buddy 170i

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

MexiBuddy

Speed restrictor on Buddy 170i

Post by MexiBuddy »

Hey guys, I just got my hands on a 170i. Seems like everything is still stock. Is there a speed restrictor on this model? 2020 170i. Thank you for all your help. Is there a link somewhere here on the chat.
Therealslimshaggy

Re: Speed restrictor on Buddy 170i

Post by Therealslimshaggy »

No idea about speed restrictions but to reach a true 65mph or maximum top speed you need to make sure you didn’t overlook 2 small details which many people do overlook and so can’t go past 55mph

#1 overfilling the oil. If you didn’t change your oil filter and left it on but did change your oil and put in a full liter you might have an over pressurized engine leading to low top end performance and top speed. Just 200ml too much oil can cause this.

#2 using motorcycle oil. You need MB synthetic oil not synthetic motorcycle oil which does not have an mb rating. Motorcycle oil has friction additives designed for wet clutch operation which adds friction to your scooters engine slowing down top end and top speed. Remember you have a dry clutch. You need mb specific oil that has no friction additives slowing you down.

Try these two things and you’ll get up to speed.
The best MB oil money can buy is the yamalube
Synthetic mb from Asia. It’s so good people with
Honda’s (pcx) Suzukis vespas and PGO (genuine)
request and use
This oil even though their ride isn’t a Yamaha. I to
Am a big follower of this oil after trying other top
Quality brands like motul mb oil and repsol mb oil.
None compare to the yamalube.
Attachments
A428945E-0158-42AA-B6D8-11FC487BAA45.jpeg
Yamaha Aerox 155, Genuine Roughhouse 50, Genuine buddy 170i, Yamaha Cygnus 125, Honda grom 125, Suzuki address 110 (uk110), Yamaha cuxi 115, Yamaha BWS 100 2t, Yamaha R6, Honda CR125, Kawasaki KX 500