Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any new headlight bulb replacements?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
idealhobbies

Roughhouse 50

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject: Any new headlight bulb replacements? Reply with quote

Hello,

I just bought my son a RH 50 to get to work on. First dark ride was almost blind. The headlight was pointed at the top of the trees. I adjusted it, but as is pretty well known, it’s awfully dim. I have searched, but only coming up with the PIAA 70473 as a direct replacement. All of the headlight posts are pretty dated. Has anything better been developed?

Thank you.
Stanza

Puch Maxi, Honda C70

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem that some folks encountered with the higher wattage bulbs was that the stator couldn't output much more, and/or the extra heat would cause damage to the housing/socket/wires. You might be better served looking at the H4 LED replacements, but those being DC, they might have problems on the AC lighting circuit.

Are you sure your headlight is getting full voltage though? If you can check the voltage at the bulb, that'd tell whether it's just a dim headlight vs low power from a bad regulator (not uncommon with these).
scootiebob

Roughhouse 50

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also thought the same thing that I couldn't see anything, but my headlight was also pointed at the trees, it is a little dim but with high beams on I find it to be sufficient while riding in the dark.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: