Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Royal Alloy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Guff

2009 Black Jack, 2009 GT200, 2010 Stella

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Royal Alloy Reply with quote

Any chance in a “Royal Alloy” section being added to the forums?
Mr.FixIt

Stella 2T

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have any of the constituent here actually purchased one?

I'd love the opportunity to take a test ride, alas the demo day back in March at my local shop did not include the Royal Alloy among the choices to try.

1sunnygyrl

Royal Alloy Grand Tourer 150

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 4:32 am    Post subject: Royal allow grand tourer Reply with quote

I just purchased my first scooter. It is the Royal Alloy Grand Tourer. Red and Cream. Anyone else own one? I love mine!
Dooglas

Buddy 125, Buddy Kick, Vespa GTS300

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Royal allow grand tourer Reply with quote

1sunnygyrl wrote:
I just purchased my first scooter. It is the Royal Alloy Grand Tourer. Red and Cream. Anyone else own one? I love mine!

Let's see some pictures! We all love pictures.
Syd

'09 GTS250

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As they say, pictures or it didn't happened. Very Happy
Guff

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking mine up Thursday. Very Happy
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guff wrote:
Picking mine up Thursday. Very Happy

That's exciting! I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

If there's enough interest, I will think about adding a Royal Alloy forum. Right now I think everybody would like to read riding impressions and see photographs. I'm certainly amenable to revisiting this issue down the line.
Guff

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gobo, The RA. Here's my first impressions. I am loosely basing this off a comparison to my other scoots. My daily commuter is a Vespa GT200 and I have a 4T Stella and a BlackJack. The RA is an awesome 150 scoot. It's feels tall and wide. I'm a bigger rider so this is comfy for me. May be a little stretch for shorter riders. I thought the split seat would pose a problem but I don't feel like it pushes me forward. Being it is a 150, it's every bit as peppy as my Stella. It's a little slower off the line than the Black Jack, but in all fairness the Black Jack jumps off the line. The only negative I have so far is the storage. No under the seat storage, but I sweet talked the dealer into throwing in a Prima bag!!!. Overall, the fit and finish of this scoot is awesome., I really hope Genuine gives it the support it deserves. I'm a fan!!
Syd

'09 GTS250

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guff wrote:
Gobo, The RA. Here's my first impressions. I am loosely basing this off a comparison to my other scoots. My daily commuter is a Vespa GT200 and I have a 4T Stella and a BlackJack. The RA is an awesome 150 scoot. It's feels tall and wide. I'm a bigger rider so this is comfy for me. May be a little stretch for shorter riders. I thought the split seat would pose a problem but I don't feel like it pushes me forward. Being it is a 150, it's every bit as peppy as my Stella. It's a little slower off the line than the Black Jack, but in all fairness the Black Jack jumps off the line. The only negative I have so far is the storage. No under the seat storage, but I sweet talked the dealer into throwing in a Prima bag!!!. Overall, the fit and finish of this scoot is awesome., I really hope Genuine gives it the support it deserves. I'm a fan!!

Nice scoot!

tenders

Buddy International 50 Italia

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to better understand why Genuine decided to put an additional model into the thick of the Buddy/Hooligan/Kick/Chicago lineup. This is a decent-looking scoot, but is it going to extend Genuine’s customer base beyond the Buddy’s reach...or does this just cannibalize them? Is it a negotiation tool/hedge in case things go poorly with PGO after all these years?

The Psycho/Lemonhead/Black Cat/Fireball/Blackjack special editions seemed like a very smart way of making the lineup feel fresh with minimal engineering or logistical effort.
cummingsjc

Genuine Buddy 50cc, Genuine Mean Cat, Piaggio MP3-500 (Desert Camo), MP3-400 (Pinky)

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenders wrote:
I would love to better understand why Genuine decided to put an additional model into the thick of the Buddy/Hooligan/Kick/Chicago lineup. This is a decent-looking scoot, but is it going to extend Genuine’s customer base beyond the Buddy’s reach...or does this just cannibalize them? Is it a negotiation tool/hedge in case things go poorly with PGO after all these years?

The Psycho/Lemonhead/Black Cat/Fireball/Blackjack special editions seemed like a very smart way of making the lineup feel fresh with minimal engineering or logistical effort.

I'd love to see a new version of the Blackjack!
Guff

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be that it is filling the Stella void. It very much feels like a Stella to me (minus the manual transmission) Steel body and sexy styling. It seems like the special edition Buddies went away when Phil left Genuine. Just an observation.
Stanza

Puch Maxi, Roughhouse

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guff wrote:
My guess would be that it is filling the Stella void. It very much feels like a Stella to me (minus the manual transmission) Steel body and sexy styling. It seems like the special edition Buddies went away when Phil left Genuine. Just an observation.

This is my guess as well. After the nasty taste that the Stella Automatic left for most people looking for a decent vintage-style scoot, this one is probably meant to clear the air and give the nostalgia crowd something solid. Not a 300, mind you, but then again the stella was never a rocketship either.
Dooglas

Buddy 125, Buddy Kick, Vespa GTS300

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say you have that right. Genuine started out with the Stella as a company trying to build on the background and reputation of ScooterWorks. When the Stellas bit the dust, they looked around for a worthy successor and found Royal Alloy.
cummingsjc

Genuine Buddy 50cc, Genuine Mean Cat, Piaggio MP3-500 (Desert Camo), MP3-400 (Pinky)

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if Genuine brought either the Royal Allow 200 (181cc) or the 300 (don't know how many cc's) they might have a real competitor to Piaggio's Vespas. The Royal Alloy scooters are beautiful scoots.
Point37

'13 Buddy 125 Seafoam

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cummingsjc wrote:
I think that if Genuine brought either the Royal Allow 200 (181cc) or the 300 (don't know how many cc's) they might have a real competitor to Piaggio's Vespas. The Royal Alloy scooters are beautiful scoots.

^^^this...if the pricing was under vespas offerings i think they would make a killing

scootERIK

Buddy 125

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point37 wrote:
^^^this...if the pricing was under vespas offerings i think they would make a killing

I think that will be the biggest problem with bringing over the the Royal Alloy 300. If the pricing is anything like it is over in Europe it will only be ~$400 cheaper than the cheapest Vespa 300. Unless you love the look of the Royal Alloy I think most people would buy the Vespa because it's a Vespa and it is a well known brand that makes a good scooter. I'm not saying the Royal Alloy isn't a good reliable scooter. But it is a new brand so we don't really know how good it will be.

The Royal Alloy 150 at $3500 is a pretty good buy since a Vespa 150 is over $5500. I think Genuine needs to work with Royal Alloy and Sym(I believe they make the 150 motor) to design a cheaper 250-300cc motor so they can get the price down so it is a minimum of $1000 less than the Vespa 300(ideally shooting for as close to $5000 as possible.)
Point37

'13 Buddy 125 Seafoam

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scootERIK wrote:
Point37 wrote:

I think that will be the biggest problem with bringing over the the Royal Alloy 300. If the pricing is anything like it is over in Europe it will only be ~$400 cheaper than the cheapest Vespa 300. Unless you love the look of the Royal Alloy I think most people would buy the Vespa because it's a Vespa and it is a well known brand that makes a good scooter. I'm not saying the Royal Alloy isn't a good reliable scooter. But it is a new brand so we don't really know how good it will be.

The Royal Alloy 150 at $3500 is a pretty good buy since a Vespa 150 is over $5500. I think Genuine needs to work with Royal Alloy and Sym(I believe they make the 150 motor) to design a cheaper 250-300cc motor so they can get the price down so it is a minimum of $1000 less than the Vespa 300(ideally shooting for as close to $5000 as possible.)

100% agree...the difference needs to be enough of a savings to not want to pay just a little more for a vespa

RoaringTodd

'04 Stella GB150 '15 Roughhouse '17 Versys 650.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed about a sub forum needed. I just sold my 2t Stella and now I’m trying to find out more impressions and tips on the Royal Alloys. If they ever come out with a green one... man that will be the perfect replacement for my Great British Stella.
scootERIK

Buddy 125

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoaringTodd wrote:
Agreed about a sub forum needed. I just sold my 2t Stella and now I’m trying to find out more impressions and tips on the Royal Alloys. If they ever come out with a green one... man that will be the perfect replacement for my Great British Stella.

I really hope Genuine brings out a Royal Alloy in british racing green or monza green with a brown leather seat. Or gloss black with a black seat.

This ain't bad either-
Stanza

Puch Maxi, Roughhouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scootERIK wrote:
Point37 wrote:

As it's already built in china, I'd be worried about trying to get things made any cheaper, unless we want a 250-300 cc motor built so much on the cheap that it's a time bomb.
scootERIK

Buddy 125

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanza wrote:
As it's already built in china, I'd be worried about trying to get things made any cheaper, unless we want a 250-300 cc motor built so much on the cheap that it's a time bomb.

To be even more specific- by cheap I meant lower tech not lower quality. Things like going to a 2 valve engine versus a 4 valve engine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: